NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Postby Balious on 25 Sep 2008 21:34

Looks like i have to try and get on that players corner as i dont see my name. Wonder if one of my pictures get me on there :tongue:

I have finally got pass my little problem in bar as i said in GSC but i should get my new graphics card first to stop my random crashes (nothing to do with your mod im sure)

Also i never seen so many people in bar before. Is it normal to have like over 20 people on contacts at once?

also there was a crash where i opened my contacts page and boom im at desktop. There was nothing in logs so i thought it was my graphics card again.

And once again this mod is the best mod i have ever seen on stalker :thumbright: :thumbleft:
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 26 Sep 2008 00:28

Balious wrote:Looks like i have to try and get on that players corner as i dont see my name. Wonder if one of my pictures get me on there :tongue:

I have finally got pass my little problem in bar as i said in GSC but i should get my new graphics card first to stop my random crashes (nothing to do with your mod im sure)

Also i never seen so many people in bar before. Is it normal to have like over 20 people on contacts at once?

also there was a crash where i opened my contacts page and boom im at desktop. There was nothing in logs so i thought it was my graphics card again.

And once again this mod is the best mod i have ever seen on stalker :thumbright: :thumbleft:

Thanks Balious for posting. And thank you for your compliments on the mod, well, it tries to be a good mod. :)
And I'm glad to hear that you've managed to deal with that nasty problem you had around the bar. I'm afraid you have to go through the same route to the Bar if you come from Garbage side; however, when you've got all the level changers in the game from Sakharov after completing his mission, you can just travel over various doors (level changers) to the Bar, using like the ones in Wild Territory and Army Warehouses.
Later I'll give afull list of those changers and their tranport destinations. Today I'm very busy with the forum, hopefully I'll prepare it tomorrow, it'll be useful for everyone, anyway.

And, yes, The Bar area is very crowded with friendlies and also enemies. It's very hectic. It's still asafer place than many areas but not completely safe. Monolith, bandits, Mercs, even freedom attack time to time (well, quite often) in addition to the mutant attacks. Get ready for Hoprror_times as well, if you've chosen any of of the Horro-Time modes.

I hope you'll have a graphics card as you wish, prices are getting down every week. :)

Get some interesting pictures from your quests in the mod, you'll certainly get your photo into the Mod website. Also, you can send your PDA stats photo when you're happy with it, you can get into the list. You can update your PDA stats photo later, when you get more kills of enemies and mutants.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Ultradad on 26 Sep 2008 06:19

Hello there :thumbright:

Thanks for explaining where to go for the gamers corner link Nightwatch :salute: , i was looking all round this forum, its hard being welsh :blackeye:

I noticed on one of the PDA's they had monster kills on it as well, using your latest build i only got stalker kills on it, have i missed something

I am going through the game again, hoping to get most controller kills, gonna hold onto the tags and try and beat 130+ controllers :rr:

I think i am upto the job after doing Fatraps Run and Gun Special Edition :bounce:
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 26 Sep 2008 08:07

Ultradad wrote:Hello there :thumbright:

I am going through the game again, hoping to get most controller kills, gonna hold onto the tags and try and beat 130+ controllers :rr:

I can help you with that, let you know the locations/hang outs in Pripyat when you come back from Stancia 2 ;)
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 26 Sep 2008 08:10

audioave10 wrote:busetibi...the link right under the video's.

all I see is four empty boxes with red crosses in them, tried to move my cursor in/around and nothing is linking :scratch:
another weird thing is the box underneath it that links filefront also is empty with a red cross
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 26 Sep 2008 12:06

If anyone needs help with finding that players corner i could post a picture of it if you want. If it would insult anyone then i won't :icon_smile:

Also thanks nightwatch for your comments.

Nightwatch wrote: Monolith, bandits, Mercs, even freedom attack time to time (well, quite often) in addition to the mutant attacks. Get ready for Hoprror_times as well, if you've chosen any of of the Horro-Time modes.

Oh dear i hate horror time :pale: but it makes the game so much better i must have it on :D

And i noticed bandits were attacking soon as i got there. I did also notice mercs before my game crashed. I can very big wars happening here it make me want to carry unlimited ammo and medkits so i can be safe.

I think i crash alot of times in bar from my graphics card cause i dont think it can handle everything going on there. I wish a controller just appear and kill everyone :( that way i can have a 1v1 :thumbleft:
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 26 Sep 2008 13:36

this is what I'm seeing from the players corner thingyyyy.
yea I know I have two pics of the same thing but I'm a gamer not a geek :P

http://busetibi.homestead.com/files/printscreen.doc
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 26 Sep 2008 14:47

Ok 2nd time its crashed now after checking my contacts page. I think this may of been brought up before but im not sure so can anyone share some light on if i can solve my contacts problem as i do tend to click it often. Im in bar btw the problem i think may be theres too many people but thats just my guess.
Also it didnt bring up any errors in the log.

Edit:
About the problem at start of bar with the crash most people get. How do i get pass it from the other side? i know how to get pass it from garbage but if i want to go to garbage how do i get pass this crash area?
Last edited by Balious on 26 Sep 2008 15:25, edited 1 time in total.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 26 Sep 2008 15:22

Busetibi...you must have JAVA installed to get all features of Nightwatchs
website. It's a small piece of software used for lots of things. It's free.
Google it.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 26 Sep 2008 16:24

Forget about my problem of getting out of Bar. Jamie helped me with this and i thank him for it :salute:
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 26 Sep 2008 16:45

:D
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 26 Sep 2008 17:48

Thanks for explaining where to go for the gamers corner link Nightwatch :salute: , i was looking all round this forum, its hard being welsh :blackeye:

I noticed on one of the PDA's they had monster kills on it as well, using your latest build i only got stalker kills on it, have i missed something

I think i am upto the job after doing Fatraps Run and Gun Special Edition :bounce:

You're welcome. :) You can try beating busetibi's record, and he says he'll help you. :)

It's the same PDA, if you haven't changed it with another PDA file, it should still show what it was showing in the previous edition. Check your setting again please, then you can rerun the setups. it'll refresh the files, but it won't hurt the saves. Just choose the same Horror-Time option as you are playing now. :)

Balious

It's good that jamie1992 has come to the help on that matter of getting out the Bar area, :)

Yup, Bar is very very crowded and too hectic and once, in fact, Freedom captured it momentarily. There is picture of it (posted before in GSC) in my download file of Nightwatch01 on Filefront where you download the mod. (Images section) :)

busetibi

Yeah, audioave10 right there, I guess Java is missing on your browser. :)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 26 Sep 2008 19:08

Ok thats it soon as i get a load of rocket launcher the bandits and military will ruin the day they think they can mess with me!

Just why just why?:
http://i37.tinypic.com/ic77s8.jpg

picture above is an anmoly blocking my path towards sid :pale:

Now a quick little story:
A blowout happened so i rushed to the house next to fox's place and him and two others had the right idea as well:
http://i38.tinypic.com/149ow0h.jpg

The blowout was coming to a close:
http://i34.tinypic.com/14aejx3.jpg

(no more pictures as they are no good to see)
Just as the blowout ends and as i could see again fox was walking back to his little home while the two other loners continue their journey. Now these two young rookies not relising anomolys could change ended up in one in the house (whirlgig one). And their bodies are doomed to repeat itself. I promised myself that i bury them etc when i get back there (their bodies would be gone but that count as me burying though right? :angel9:

The end of that story.

Now if i can have your attention to this.. why is it when i have nv on that anomolys or fireplaces when im close to them appear like this?:
http://i38.tinypic.com/2whecl4.jpg

but when its off its fine?

also when im not too far away with nv on they go normal:
http://i34.tinypic.com/14y48xy.jpg

Thats it from me and to rap it up i shall leave you all with the mystery of the skull:
http://i34.tinypic.com/2ilzpcp.jpg
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 26 Sep 2008 22:04

Double post :bounce:

So me and fox decided to have a little playfight nothing too serious:
http://i34.tinypic.com/rurzhv.jpg

See we both fine:
http://i38.tinypic.com/ip5av7.jpg :toothy8:

Then I had to go find a doctor:
http://i34.tinypic.com/33ldtg6.jpg
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 26 Sep 2008 22:33

Great post Balious :thumbright: and very nice pictures. Yes, anomalies change places, as you know, and that was just back luck that one appeared at the footsteps of Sid. What did you do if you had to enter urgently?

Nightvision is an enhanced one, but if you go near to anomalies or fires, it naturally enhances their emissions significantly, too; so then you see those bright images. When walking in open field or inside tunnels where you need to find artifacts, this "seeing the countours of the anomalies" enables you to navigate between them, without always checking your radar or throwing bolts. When it's enhanced NV it enhances always, as long as it's on.
Keep posting your impressions, stories from the zone, and your pictures, too. Nice reading.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Ultradad on 27 Sep 2008 00:42

Hello there :thumbright:

Everything is going well so far :salute: , got the parts for the broken flame thrower :bounce: , just waiting for the guy to fix it gonna take him a day he says :pale:

I noticed that doing wild territory, helping out the scientist to exit then going back to barkeep the lvl changer to freedom base popped up :cheers: , so i been doing all the quests there and still havent gone to lab 18 yet

Gonna get back to you with some screenshots of my epic battle to save the world soon :salute:
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 27 Sep 2008 02:32

Everything is going well so far :salute: , got the parts for the broken flame thrower :bounce: , just waiting for the guy to fix it gonna take him a day he says :pale:

I noticed that doing wild territory, helping out the scientist to exit then going back to barkeep the lvl changer to freedom base popped up :cheers: , so i been doing all the quests there and still havent gone to lab 18 yet

Gonna get back to you with some screenshots of my epic battle to save the world soon :salute:

Perfect :thumbright:
I guess you haven't finished the X16 mission, have you? The one in Yantar, the mission that you'd get from Sakharov. If not, then, it means you've found the level changer info (to AW) from one of the PDAs. Otherwise you'd receive them all from Sakharov, but at the same time, PDA infos system for the level changers are also working, so the player may find som einfo even earlier, as it has happened to you. :)

Waiting to see those screenshots. :)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 27 Sep 2008 19:14

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : Not available
[error]Function : CRender::texture_load
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrRender\Texture.cpp
[error]Line : 356
[error]Description : D3DXCreateTextureFromFileInMemoryEx ( HW.pDevice,S->pointer(),S->length(), D3DX_DEFAULT,D3DX_DEFAULT, IMG.MipLevels,0, IMG.Format, D3DPOOL_SYSTEMMEM, D3DX_DEFAULT, D3DX_DEFAULT, 0,&IMG,0, &T_sysmem )
[error]Arguments : c:\program files\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\textures\fx\fx_stalker_044.dds

stack trace:

got this when i got owned in dark valley by some lucky bandit and as i was about to click load game.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 27 Sep 2008 20:39

Hi Balious,

You need to reduce your textures settings further. The crash may not repeat itself even if you continue with your current settings, but in order to safe than sorry, it'sd best to reduce your Graphical settings. If still not working you can add "noshadows" (without the quotes) command after the "nointro" command as well on the properties box of the icon that you start your ggame with. This will kill all dynamic shadows in game, but improve performance. But please first try to reduce the textures more. :)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions