Senior Resident

Postby jarxale on 01 Oct 2008 13:25

System Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6230@1.86Ghz
ASUS P5B
2GB Kingston ram
ASUS 8800GTS 320MB
SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer

I guessed my CPU might have been too slow, overclocked it a bit more hitting the 2Ghz range, crashes had been reduced significantly much more playable now, problem 1 & 3 doesn't occur anymore. :cheers:

Kanyhalos what I meant was I tried using a clean installation of 1.005 SOC and then version 2.4 of the mod as well and yes I did overwrite the system.ltx with the compatible one. :icon_smile:

By the way do NPCs loot those blue boxes like the one in the Bar, the one found at the Garbage Duty Outpost etc.. ?
jarxale

Postby VINTAR on 01 Oct 2008 13:45

Busetibi, LOL with the dead bodies. I had something similar in vanilla (obviously on a smaller scale) at the AW level changer, fkn mercs wouldnt come through, just shooting at me from outside.

EDIT: I`m really keen to play this mod, but my specs arent up to the task at the moment. Will be in a few months :rr:
Core2Quad Q8300 2.5 @ 3.6ghz
Cooler Master Hyper TX 2 CPU cooler
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
2 GIGS Transcend DDR2 800 pc6400 @ 960
Thermaltake Tough Power 650w PSU
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
-----------------------------------
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 01 Oct 2008 14:22

jarxale wrote:
By the way do NPCs loot those blue boxes like the one in the Bar, the one found at the Garbage Duty Outpost etc.. ?

In a word, yes.
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 01 Oct 2008 14:32

VINTAR wrote:
EDIT: I`m really keen to play this mod, but my specs arent up to the task at the moment. Will be in a few months :rr:

I dont know what you've got but I've only got the min,
IE: XP pro sp3, AMD Athlon XP 3000+ @ 2.7 GhZ, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, 2 Gig of Ram, it goes without saying all my settings are on low sometimes the game/mod slows down but I can work around it.
you've got to play this mod, it has so much to offer.
if your present setup excludes it for now, maybe try one of fatraps mods?
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 01 Oct 2008 14:46

@ Nightwatch I've resupplied at the Bar,just gone through the Bar/AW switch, I've dropped everything (including all my med kits) all I'm carrying is three weapons, a bit of food, my artifacts, all the rest of my weight is ammo.
I'm ready to reach and go beyond my targets.
should be interesting, aye ;)
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby jarxale on 01 Oct 2008 15:00

I am confused so.. whats the difference between the gauss rifle and the super gauss ? Noticed that there is a special ammo M72 Dum-dum round that only the super gauss can use, its description says something about explosive ammunition. I tried out on the few zombies and duty guys around the Yantar lab, effects looked the same for both rifles, and both type of ammo. :geek:
jarxale

Postby VINTAR on 01 Oct 2008 15:06

busetibi wrote:
VINTAR wrote:

I dont know what you've got but I've only got the min,
IE: XP pro sp3, AMD Athlon XP 3000+ @ 2.7 GhZ, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, 2 Gig of Ram, it goes without saying all my settings are on low sometimes the game/mod slows down but I can work around it.
you've got to play this mod, it has so much to offer.
if your present setup excludes it for now, maybe try one of fatraps mods?

My specs :

pentium 4 3.0 ghz
1.5 gigs ram
geforce fx5500

So you see why I will wait. But I defo will play it one day soon :thumbleft:
Core2Quad Q8300 2.5 @ 3.6ghz
Cooler Master Hyper TX 2 CPU cooler
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
2 GIGS Transcend DDR2 800 pc6400 @ 960
Thermaltake Tough Power 650w PSU
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
-----------------------------------
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 01 Oct 2008 15:12

jarxale wrote:I am confused so.. whats the difference between the gauss rifle and the super gauss ? Noticed that there is a special ammo M72 Dum-dum round that only the super gauss can use, its description says something about explosive ammunition. I tried out on the few zombies and duty guys around the Yantar lab, effects looked the same for both rifles, and both type of ammo. :geek:

the super gauss rocks!
it can take out anything with one head shot
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 01 Oct 2008 19:17

busetibi wrote:@ Nightwatch I've resupplied at the Bar,just gone through the Bar/AW switch, I've dropped everything (including all my med kits) all I'm carrying is three weapons, a bit of food, my artifacts, all the rest of my weight is ammo.
I'm ready to reach and go beyond my targets.
should be interesting, aye ;)

busetibiI'd say, Go fot It! :thumbleft:
Very nice pictures there. How many bodies are there!! GSC or anyone else should ask your help to test their engines in endurance race.:)

jarxale

Yes, glad to hear that things are improving. Cor2Duo great CPUs, but ues 1.86 is now a bit on the slow side. that's the way unfortunately the PC industry goes, a top spec PC becomes not-so-top-spec in a coupl eof months. In your situation, you can try to delete shaders folders, so taht the game will start using vanilla shaders. That is not a perfect idea for long term, but may increase your performance. If it gives other side effects (relative to your PC config) then you can put them back.

Thanks for noticing the Radiactive-blue suit matter. It wsa from original SIMBION, and frankly I had never put it on. There was a script calculation problem (some suits in this mod are governed by scripts, like many other things. That's why, I'm always saying everyone, that please don't change even a simple looking thing, for there are things looking at them from behind the scenes, so to speak :) ) I recalculated the values, now runs OK, anymore changes may lead to miscalculations again.

Vintar Thanks, I hope you acquire the pC specs taht you want soo. Prices are going down faster, due to world economic situation. The mod, like all others, will be here. :)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 01 Oct 2008 19:57

As soon as I finish the vanilla runthrough, this is next in line
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 01 Oct 2008 21:54

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:As soon as I finish the vanilla runthrough, this is next in line

Great :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby busetibi on 02 Oct 2008 14:13

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:As soon as I finish the vanilla runthrough, this is next in line

you'll not be disappointed ;)
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 02 Oct 2008 14:22

Hey Nightwatch, you should look into the levitating apc buisness
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... lz&thumb=5
And no there isin't a whirlig under it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 02 Oct 2008 14:31

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:Hey Nightwatch, you should look into the levitating apc buisness
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... lz&thumb=5
And no there isin't a whirlig under it

it happens, no biggie.
In the earlier build (v2) I was able to walk under a truck in Garbage, you'll see the levitating apc/truck/bus/whatever a few times, when the apc is firing at you you'll be glad to see it go up into the air :)
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 02 Oct 2008 15:05

Thats no problem at all, just mentioning. The real issue is that I'm playing under FDL and the lightning is just to darn bright
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby jarxale on 02 Oct 2008 15:09

Any hints on where the dynamite is in Cordon (Quest by Lukesh) ? :-s Been looking for a while lol.

Also there are 2 quests for Sidorovich that I cant complete, one is to steal the box from the military base, I have been there earlier and gotten the box before I even get the quest yet, now I have the quest but the box isn't in my inventory anymore dont remember dropping it though.

Another is to retrieve an artefact from the car pack, Im guessing its the one in Cordon cause the text in all in russian for that quest entry ?
jarxale

Postby audioave10 on 02 Oct 2008 15:58

Some of the side-quests can get screwed up easily but their not usually
important.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 02 Oct 2008 16:39

jarxale wrote:Any hints on where the dynamite is in Cordon (Quest by Lukesh) ? :-s Been looking for a while lol.

Also there are 2 quests for Sidorovich that I cant complete, one is to steal the box from the military base, I have been there earlier and gotten the box before I even get the quest yet, now I have the quest but the box isn't in my inventory anymore don’t remember dropping it though.

Another is to retrieve an artefact from the car pack, I’m guessing its the one in Cordon cause the text in all in Russian for that quest entry ?

Well, first of all, I shouldn't start giving tips, LOL, otherwise it may lead to who gets more hints, and I'll start getting beating. :D
But things are always in more obvious places in life, aren't they?
The other players can of course give hints to each other, either by posts or PMs, well, depending on the spoiler-level of the hint, you all need to be judge of that, otherwise someone may start to complain :)

On the matter of stealing a box from Army HQ (blockpost) in Cordon, well, you shouldn't get the box before the mission is given. It's vanilla operation stuff for most events, and you should not get the items before the mission is given. I don't want to give examples, because you're playing new and it can be a spoiler. But it is like that.

You might've dropped the box from your inventory by mistake, otherwise it won't disappear itself. It can be done. Yesterday, in my test run of the new patch, I lost my Nite6-MLSP multi missile launcher. :mozilla_oops: Then I realised that while dumping unnecessary stuff, I dumped it as well, so I had to load a previous save and start from a previous level.

So you can try to reload a previous save which was done prior your collection of the box, but if it is too far back, you may not want to do that. You haven't lost much. Then, in your next run, you can get it. :)

There are still some Russian parts; it must be one of those. When the mission is given, though, it comes in English in the dialogue, so you can try remembering who asked what. And when you get any item anyway, your PDA will point -as you know- to where you need to take that item. :)

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:That’s no problem at all, just mentioning. The real issue is that I'm playing under FDL and the lightning is just to darn bright

You can try the settings on your monitor, but I guess you've already done that. Shaders are usually dark, and weather in the Zone tends to get rather gloomy most of the times, but there are occasions that sun is quite bright, so that might be even more enhanced/escalated with your settings (monitor and/or card, also in-game settings) :)
don't worry, you’ll soon have a lot of rain and thunder, and gloom. But if it continues even then, then you need to check your settings closely. :)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions