58% @ 157 KB/Sec.
18 minutes left :ymbringiton:
thanks Nightwatch =D>
busetibi
Senior Resident

Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby Ultradad on 11 Apr 2009 05:10

Hello there :thumbright:

Wohoo, thanks to my athritis playing up i couldnt get to sleep ](*,) , but i check out the download page for V3 and there it is at 5.05 in the morning :thumbright:

Would like to once again thank you for all the hard work you put into this V3 mod :salute: , gonna go now and reinstall Stalker and V3 mod. Let the carnage begin :ymdevil:
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 11 Apr 2009 11:58

weirdness with mine and sids inventory.

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=lt3 ... Mg6Q%3D%3D

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=lt3 ... g21Q%3D%3D
when you click on the link and the pic comes up hit "see rawpicture" bottom left to get full screen size

dunno, never come across this before, can't access anything in the inventory because it's just plain weird, just got back from killing the mutes in the farmstead,gave nimble the suit,spoke with wolf I think I got the Nite 14 SP off him but I can't see it in my inventory, lol I can's see any weapons in my inventory,
Ideas?
might just restart.

oh, and sid keeps repeating his opening speech whenever I load a save

edit:
all my hard/named saves from earlier are now showing the borked inventory
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 11 Apr 2009 12:47

Inventory is fine, but Sid is repeating his opening speech on every load.
Died a lot because I'm trying on Extreme and I have never played NEWSA before.

1.0005 with compatibility patch, nothing changed (honest!!).

Going to visit my folks for two days now, so I won't be able to play for a bit (-|
EggChen

Postby Ultradad on 11 Apr 2009 13:35

Hello there :thumbright:

Omg this mod is insane :-o , i wont be able to sit down for a week as i am being spanked so hard :)) , i have spent over 3 hrs just fighting around starter village and i havent even got to the railway bridge yet :-bd

Wolf is already dead and the carnage is scary, i am to afraid to come outta the attic :-J

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/XR_3DA2009-04-1113-22-02-92.jpg

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/XR_3DA2009-04-1112-47-55-83.jpg

Well my goal today is to get to the railway bridge :ymdevil: , i have 2 hr respawn and monsters after horror time turned on :-J . Well back to work i go
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 11 Apr 2009 14:39

Ultradad wrote:Hello there :thumbright:

Omg this mod is insane :-o , i wont be able to sit down for a week as i am being spanked so hard :)) , i have spent over 3 hrs just fighting around starter village and i havent even got to the railway bridge yet :-bd

Wolf is already dead and the carnage is scary, i am to afraid to come outta the attic :-J

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/XR_3DA2009-04-1113-22-02-92.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/XR_3DA2009-04-1112-47-55-83.jpg
Well my goal today is to get to the railway bridge :ymdevil: , i have 2 hr respawn and monsters after horror time turned on :-J . Well back to work i go

Thanks Ultradad :thumbright: So you've escaped from the first big bird :mozilla_wink:

busetibi
First of all I see weapons and items in your inventory that you cannot possibly get after you've reached AW? Strange.
No one in Cordon gives Nite14SP auto shotgun, Wolf will later give Nite1SP handgun.
(from your pic I see your playing at 1024x768, no problem with my inventory at that resolution or my native res of 1680x1050 as pics here:
1024:
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... zj&thumb=6
1680:
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... mr&thumb=6
Also Ultradad's inventory (in his above post and my quote) looks quite perfect, also EggChen, too, confirms that his inventory alright. I hope you won't need another download. Try reinstallingit, please and let's hope for the best. :mozilla_smile:

You were downloading yesterday just almost I've not even finished or about to finish uploading, I hope you haven't received an incomplete download; thougfh I don't know if it can be possible actually on part of filefront (allowing download before upload fully finished)
Anyway, I'd suggest that you reinstall the mod, buddy, and try again. Start with one res and stick with it to see if your game this time shows alright. :mozilla_smile:
--------------

Thanks EggChen, for playing the mod :thumbright:

That repeating of Sid's opening speech upon reloading the game in and around the village at the beginning stage, is a vanilla problem. If you reload the game at the start withing the switch distance, Sid repats his speech, but if you cross the road and save there, he won't. Sid speech comes as vanilla and the mechanics of his speech activation is vanilla as well. No changes from the mod over vanilla there. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Kaidonni on 11 Apr 2009 16:24

I had the same inventory issue right away, but I've redownloaded and am reinstalling now.

EDIT: Okay, that made no difference. However, I've experienced the equivalent to the inventory mix-up before with Clear Sky. There was a mod I tried for that, Clear Sky Redux, and for some people the inventory screen (and the HUD also) was messed up pretty much the same. The solution is to go to the user.ltx and change the texture_lod. Now, mine was set to 2, I changed it to 0, and it has fixed the issue. I'll try 1 to see if that also helps, or if it has to be 0 for now. Might be the only solution, don't know why it would do this for some and not others.

EDIT 2: Texture_lod 1 also appears to work. Either 0 or 1 for me at the moment, then. At least there is a temporary solution, anyway.
Kaidonni
Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 11 Apr 2009 17:05

Ummmmmmmmmm....I can't find patch 1.0000004 and I hate to go with 05. Any help?

Edit: My bad........found it over at gamershell :ymblushing: Ok ok...I was panicking at the last minute. I know.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 11 Apr 2009 17:42

Texture_lod comes as 1. Please do not change screen resolutions while in the game between available resolutions, such as 1024 to 1680, etc, never a good idea.
If you have any problems with any resolutions please check your own res/texture settings as you'd do in any other game, do not please force your monitors to the res that either your card or the monitor is not comfortable to handle. Just a few general tips on the way.
--------
edit/add:

Great that you've found the patch 1.0004 rockingmtranch. :mozilla_smile: I could send you one otherwise.
-Or, anyone else who may need as well, of course.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby EggChen on 11 Apr 2009 17:44

Nightwatch wrote:Thanks EggChen, for playing the mod :thumbright:

That repeating of Sid's opening speech upon reloading the game in and around the village at the beginning stage, is a vanilla problem. If you reload the game at the start withing the switch distance, Sid repats his speech, but if you cross the road and save there, he won't. Sid speech comes as vanilla and the mechanics of his speech activation is vanilla as well. No changes from the mod over vanilla there. :mozilla_smile:

I never knew that, guess I have never died so near the beginning before... the load was just past Petruha and his boys, I quicksaved before going for the bandits.

I was having difficulty mainly from lack of knowledge of the mod, some of the effects on getting shot were a total surprise, and I was watching the nice bullet impacts from the chopper's minigun (not my work I should add) when I got wasted.

Any tips on the shooting mechanics? By that I mean, are things like aiming, dispersion when moving or crouching pretty similar to vanilla or wildly different? I was struggling to hit the side of a barn door with the starting Walther rapid, and couldn't get used to it. Saying all that, I have not played Stalker for months now.
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 11 Apr 2009 17:52

Hey EggChen, it's nice of you that you've got a moment from family gathering and posted. Yeah, the things a bit different than vanilla, like there's famous AMK "being-hit" effects, reflects being hurt very good, imo. :mozilla_smile:
The other aspects must be the same as vanilla, I mean walking, running, crouching, etc. But, I have removed the head-bob long ago and tiresome levels are different of course, And they change with some suits as well.
You'll get better weapons later which aim and hurt better, heh he. But the others will get them, too. Damn!

Those chopper-gunfire effects I believe are yours, I must jolt my tired memory now, but it was a global input and changed all exlosive bullet effects. Only the NEWSA missiles have unique explosion effects independent to others.They are yours as well, of course. :thumbright: Brilliant.!
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby EggChen on 11 Apr 2009 18:11

Thanks NW, I'll give it a proper go when I get home, only had about 30 minutes on it this morning (I mainly just wanted to check the download and the install went OK).

I also at one point tried to press the "look behind" key, then realised that I was not playing GTA IV for the first time in about a month :-"

Edit: I'll have to watch those effects again, they didn't look like mine, but my memory may be failing me.
EggChen

Postby Balious on 11 Apr 2009 18:41

Hey I have downloaded and installed and got a little delayed to start up STALKER (friends begging me to play Halo 3 so I did it to keep them quiet). Time to beat EXTREME :-J

Edit:
Damnit I got that crappy inventory bug... Time to fix it.

Edit 2:
How do you fix it? :-\
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 11 Apr 2009 19:35

busetibi wrote:58% @ 157 KB/Sec.
18 minutes left :ymbringiton:
thanks Nightwatch =D>

399Mb in 10 min. - =D> damn, can't remember if v3.0 is a stand alone.... want clean install. looking back through 60some pages.... #-o
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 11 Apr 2009 20:30

Its a standalone....

OK, the inventory bug, I am getting it on my dad's PC, I think it is because textures are on medium. NW, did you save the icon dds with mipmaps? If so, it should not have them (I cannot check at the moment as this PC does not have GIMP, and I dislike installing programmes my dad won't use).

It is a struggle on this machine, but I have taken out a chopper with a sawn off shotgun!!! Check this out, they really are vulnerable on the tail rotor, 4 shotgun hits did it.

EggChen

Postby Balious on 11 Apr 2009 21:10

Well Done EggChen against that chopper! I could never take one out with a shotgun.

I remenber having that inventory bug when Jamie let me beta test his zombie mod when he was testing the zombie spawns. Damn I need this bug fixed as I hate to see my rookie suit look like a load of artifacts thinknig I may of just got lucky.

I also noticed something rather it just me I dont know. Everytime I click on the NEWSA extractor my computer decides to have a fit (everything running very very slow). This most likely have something to do with me though but it shouldn't matter anymore as I have NEWSA installed.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 11 Apr 2009 21:30

Well I think I have the inventory bug sorted, it is also the same thing that causes the pda to display off centre like this :

The icons have mipmaps, I have removed them and the problem is sorted (This PC simply cannot handle max texture, so I had to install GIMP and sort it!). I'll upload them if NW is ok with that? It only effects people not running on high quality textures.
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 11 Apr 2009 21:45

Nice shot EggChen :thumbright: I'd never attemp it myself, let alone succeed in it.

About the inventory and saving the dds with mipmaps. EggChen, it is the same icon_equipment file. I saved it as the same way as it was in2.4. Adobe keeps the setting, so I think it should still have kept it and applied it as save with mipmaps. You point to a non-mipmaps saved icon-equipment file can cause this?

Whey then, except one or two instances, many doesnot have it? A graphics card driver update that has caused changes during this time. Nevertheless, if you think, a "mipmap saved icon-Equipment" would help it, in order to be sure, I can re-run the file in Adobe Photohop (its native base) and save it again with mipmaps and upload it tonight, as a small fix for those who may need it. No problem.
But how can an icon_eqipment file (if saved without mipmaps) cause som eunrelated icons to appear on the inventory in those cases, couldn't be the case that there might be another icon_equipment in the gamedata folder and the setup got corrupted? You know those texture stuff better than me anyway.

anyway, to be sure, it wouldn't hurt anyway, I'm now saving another icon-file with mipmaps and uploading it. In an hour (about it should be on the server.)

During this time:
Those who may have inventory icons problems (while running on low/medium textures) as Kaidonni pointed, go to the user.ltx and change the texture_lod to 1 (it comes as 1) anyway, but if it has been different in yout file, then change it to 1, if doesn't work for you then try changing to 2. Thanks Kaidonni. :thumbright:

EGGCHEN i'VE JUST SEEN YOUR POST, HOLD ON A SECOND BUDDY, JUST READING IT.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Nightwatch on 11 Apr 2009 21:48

EggChen, you mean now that the mipmaps are the culpripts?

edit:
OK EggChen, I sent you an email, and as I understand, you mean "no mipmaps" So I saved an icon file without mipmaps and now uploading it.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions