NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby rockingmtranch on 12 Apr 2009 04:46

LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby audioave10 on 12 Apr 2009 07:36

Thanks Rock...downloading at 1.2mb/sec will only take 5 minutes to get.
good old filefront... =D>
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Lyoko774 on 12 Apr 2009 10:15

This mod is freaking ridiculous O.o
And I thought I was good at STALKER...holy crap I was wrong.
You can't walk outside of Sid's bunker without the chance of getting raped by something.
I guess I'll need to practice, heh..Rethink the ways I do things.
Also, no offense, but this mod is also very messy. There are LOTS of missing/untranslated dialogs and stuff in this, and some features are just..eugh. Is there any way to "disable" the random chaotic weather? It bugs the hell outta me.
Lyoko774

Postby Nightwatch on 12 Apr 2009 15:00

Good that you've got the link, audiave10 :mozilla_smile: Any link (or info) always accessible through the mod website. I haven't submitted it to Forefront into their own folders (I keep it in my personal folder) submitting it to Forefront (which means as they say giving it to them) means that you can't edit any info etc on the file anymore, it's a very limited exposure, very simple page with only couple of things you can write, no particular design available. So, I keep the mod having its own big site, works better, I can provide more info and videos, etc. :mozilla_smile:

Thanks Lyoko774 :mozilla_smile: very good and catchy starting point for the mod from a STALKER player who has met with the mod first time. And thanks also for caring to try this mod. You seem like a guy who thinks strategically, so in no time you'll put your mark in the Zone. :mozilla_smile:

And, about the Chaotic Weather: well, it's a normal reaction from any person who has first started playing this mod. It takes the weather patterns from AMK and ABC and based on the idea of that the Zone is a unstable environment so is the weather as well. It cannot be altered, this is one of the characteristics of the mod and it's tied to cross-checking scripts which communicate with Horror time, blowouts and bunch of other stuff.

You will soon notice the "being shot at" effects, too; those famous AMK effects. When you are shot, it will feel as much as it can on a screen. You'll see red, get disoriented for a moment, you may even drop your weapon, so be ready. :mozilla_smile:

about the translations, yes there are still some words, lines popping out in some dialogs, they are not of significant value, but translation work is a continuing process, and up to now tens of thousands words have been translated. Have you checked the recent "Thanks" in the "acknowledgement" section of the Mod Website, and on the readme. So, I'm sure you do appreciate the efforts given on it, I know you do. Thanks. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Nightwatch on 12 Apr 2009 15:04

===================
===================

GUYS,

I forgot to mention it for a few days now, though it's been on my mind all the time:

I have a XFX 8600GT XX series Graphics Card (PCI-E) -Factory Overclocked -
which I removed a few weeks ago when I had to rebuilt my PC. It's in GREAT CONDITION, One year old. I have not found any use for it.

ANYONE WANTS IT, who can either use it on their system as SLI or replace their current card, CAN GET IT FREE.

Just drop me an address from where you can collect. I'll send it right away. No strings attached.

=====================
=====================
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 12 Apr 2009 15:07

Lyoko774 wrote:This mod is freaking ridiculous O.o
And I thought I was good at STALKER...holy crap I was wrong.
You can't walk outside of Sid's bunker without the chance of getting raped by something.
I guess I'll need to practice, heh..Rethink the ways I do things.
Also, no offense, but this mod is also very messy. There are LOTS of missing/untranslated dialogs and stuff in this, and some features are just..eugh. Is there any way to "disable" the random chaotic weather? It bugs the hell outta me.

A. - the weather is part of this mods allure.
B. - there was an exhaustive effort made in translations - should have seen it before. live with it.

I am not going to start a mega-rant... it's really not my place, BUT: before one comes in here & critiques a mod, he should maybe think about the work already put into this. Messy? I don't recall v2.0 being messy. L-)

UPDATE: Darn it Nightwatch, always in here beating me to the punch. ](*,) I also think you were too patient and Kind with Captain Obvious.. maybe it's because I haven't had my morning coffee or a chew yet. #-o
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 12 Apr 2009 15:16

Nightwatch wrote:===================
===================

GUYS,

I forgot to mention it for a few days now, though it's been on my mind all the time:

I have a XFX 8600GT XX series Graphics Card (PCI-E) -Factory Overclocked -
which I removed a few weeks ago when I had to rebuilt my PC. It's in GREAT CONDITION, One year old. I have not found any use for it.

ANYONE WANTS IT, who can either use it on their system as SLI or replace their current card, CAN GET IT FREE.

Just drop me an address from where you can collect. I'll send it right away. No strings attached.

That is just darn generous of you NW. Riddle me this, though: what are the benefits of runnin' 2 cards? never really looked into it. This turkey might go well w/ my XFX 8800GT..... ;)
=====================
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 12 Apr 2009 15:22

Never tried myself, either :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby EggChen on 12 Apr 2009 15:27

I recall (but am not 100% sure) that an 8000 series card can now be used as an add-on physics preocessor with the latest NVIDIA drivers.... may be worth you keeping that NW!!
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 12 Apr 2009 15:39

Yeah you're right on this EggChen, that they can be used as a dedicated physics card as well, not suffocating your main card with this process. But my mobo only has one PCI-E slot (I couldn't wait for the P5Q-Pro version, was out of stock with 2-4 weeks waiting.) and there are articles/posts that suggest taht VISTA does not allow two different drivers to be allocated on two cards separately. Though, I can't try and comment on this as I don't have that possibility now.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Kaidonni on 12 Apr 2009 16:08

Is it me, or on Extreme do the Bandits, at the disused factory, see you coming? I mean, I tried it a number of times, and each time they saw me somehow. I don't quite know how, but there was no way to sneak up on them whatsoever, not even from behind cover. They just knew. Even with complete restarts, not loading a save (the latter of which knocks them into panic mode or whatever, making them alert).
Kaidonni
Resident

Postby guren2147 on 12 Apr 2009 16:12

Greetings,everyone.
I'm a stalker from Asia.It's my honor to have a mod like this.
However I came here today to report some kind of issue.

First,I choosed the Extreme difficulty---However,I've player the game for about 8 hours and didn't encounter any horror time.Also,there are supposed to be some side quests like"find the document for Wolf" "Collect dog tails for Tolik" "find 10 medkits for Fox"...etc.
I actived the quests,obtained what they need,but there were no PDA updates to tell me"bring the customer what was promised",nor dialog options to finish the quest.
I've played NEWSA+SIMBION Ver 2.4 before,and nothing above happened.It's kind of weird....Could you help me with the troubleshooting? A million thanks!

BTW,I also suffered the issue about the inventory menu.For now,it's solved.
guren2147

Postby Wombat_70 on 12 Apr 2009 17:04

So far so good heading to garbage, not a single crash this mod rocks, I enjoye it immensely
it is hard and make me really think before taking the next step if I want survive.

Thank you nightwatch
All hope abandon ye who enter here.
May the Zone be with you.
Wombat_70

Postby Nightwatch on 12 Apr 2009 18:57

Kaidonni
STALKER is not a "sneak your way" style game, unfortunately so maybe for all those who like this kind of gamestyle, although there are ways to an extent that one can sneak their way towards the enemy, still there are always limitations and they will see you. To those who are inherently hostile to you, you cannot approach up to their neck and stab them in STALKER. :mozilla_smile: Make your way as near as possible, while shielding yourself, however at some poit they will notice you, they are enemy to you, (they are inherently at low alert to you) they will fan out and flank you. You need to shoot faster and sharper, it's your only change. When they see you, try to retreat some way in order to secure a narrower angle against their flanking.

Welcome guren2147

It's very kind of you that you compliment to the mod, it's a pleasure for us as well seeing that you're interested in playing this mod. This is flattery enough. :mozilla_smile:
My initial opinion upon reading your note is that, from your descriptions (I guess you mean real time 8 hours not ingame), either you have a "cold game" (in the saying of a renown modder fatrap) which simply means that STALKER has not set itself properly, fully active. Or, you might've have a bad installation. Have you cleared your gamedata completely, or deleted, before installation. Have you had another mod before, as it appears to be some mods (like a version OL) changes some dll in the games. If so, you would need to deal with those matters.
You should've received those missions and, upon the completion, they should've prompted accordingly. Also, though horror-time is random, but you should’ve nevertheless encountered at least one Horror-Time by now (in 8 hours real time). In order to verify if your game is going well, check that if you've received a "initial show blow out in Cordon" (a sort of weak blowout for to introduce the player to blowouts) in the first 4 game-hours.
Also, reading further on your note, I notice that you've also had that inventory issue which is seen PC's with mid/low running powers, this lead me think that your PC may not be processing the events well, considering that this 3.0 is somewhat a bit more demanding than 2.4. particularly on EXTR mode. Try to lower your textures, grass, and even try Static Lighting, see if you see any jolt in the process. Otherwise it's cold start (vanilla problem) that is seen even very powerful PCs. I hope I've been helpful. Please update your situation. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Nightwatch on 12 Apr 2009 19:03

Thanks Wombat_70 for updating your situation, and I'm very happy to hear that you're having a great game. :-bd
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 12 Apr 2009 20:28

All systems good to go Captain :salute:

:-bd
Last edited by rockingmtranch on 13 Apr 2009 04:02, edited 1 time in total.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby Remac on 12 Apr 2009 22:38

I too am loving your mod, having played 2.4. Unfortunally I also cannot complete the extra quests as there are no conversational replies after I acquire the dog tails and jellyfish artifact. I have a clean install of Stalker with only Newsa+Simbion as only gamedata. I redownloaded the mod. Deleted gamedata and reinstalled it. I acquired the jellyfish first. Talked to Nibble and received task to get artifact. Task came up and updated, then there were no options to return the artifact. The original tasks work fine. Thanks, I really apreciate your hard work on this mod. If it helps I have a 64 bit windows install.
Just a old fart that has never grown up.
Remac
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 13 Apr 2009 02:01

Getting CTD all of a sudden when I open Inventory. I resaved icon files with no mipmaps, so WTF?

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : 0
[error]Function : CUICellContainer::FindFreeCell
[error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\ui\UIDragDropListEx.cpp
[error]Line : 508
[error]Description : there are no free room to place item

stack trace:

Edit; OK, I figured it out. I received 2 fireball's as a reward. Took off again and forgot to save. Got killed and had to go back for the reward again. This time I got something different for a reward. BUT, I still had the 2 fireballs. Game engine screwed up. I had non-existent items in inventory and the game was trying to put something where they were.
Last edited by Grump642 on 13 Apr 2009 03:54, edited 1 time in total.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 13 Apr 2009 02:41

I am getting my ass kicked. Fleshes, 6 bandits, wild dogs, pseudo dog & a bloodsucker all @ the modified bandit armor (nimble's quest) holy crap! Game don't like me already! ](*,) reloaded like 8 times now..... X( I WANT THAT SUIT!!!
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions