Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby audioave10 on 12 Feb 2009 07:14

We sure want to play this mod........

"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 12 Feb 2009 14:14

audioave10 wrote:We sure want to play this mod........

this could be a long post, bear with me :-@

and why?..........

....... because we're gamers and what are gamers looking for?
a game that will challenge them and force them to think outside the box, which NEWSA does in spades.
My first run through of SoC (unmodded on Master) was meh!
bin it, too easy.
then I came across the GSC forums, played a few mods and still had the same opinion, yea great, more eye candy(which I dont want) but still easy, then I came across Fatraps FPS Run and Gun Series, R&G 1 was a laugh, blowing things away with the Snork sweeper had me =)) but I liked the idea about the ingame save penaltys (sp?) R&G2 was better as the weapons were harder to get and Cordon was a bitch to get of, but still an easy mod, then we had R&G3 with artifacts turned off, (now we're talking) R&G 3 was and is an absolute bitch of a mod, at the time I'd never come across a harder mod, I was sweating blood at the end of Stancia 2, I couldn't wait to finish the game as it was so hard and when I jumped through the final teleporter I remember kicking back in my chair and watching the credits and thinking thank fuck thats over! and from the comments at the GSC forums a lot of people had given up playing R&G3 because they said it was so hard and could not be finished.
now about this time NEWSA v1 was already out, I was following it and seeing what people had to say about it, it looked interesting because it had elements in it from mods that I'd already played and here was a mod that had combined some mods and had added weapons and effects.
so I played it and was blown away with the challenges it presented, finished it and gave it a R&G2 rating (I make no excuse here, for me all mod ratings are based on R&G3) then came NEWSA 2.4,
this was another mod that challenged me, in certain areas/maps I was forced to think outside of the square just to survive, dying for me is rare and when it happens I'm like
WTF!!!! no way.
then it starts to get personal, maybe it's just the gamer in me but when I die I take it as an afront and restart the level till I get through it without dying, then kick back and say
"*uck you" again it's just the gamer in me, and I really get into the game.(which is great as I'm sure this is what the mod authors want (total immersion) )
so at the end of NEWSA 2.4 I gave it a R&G2 3/4-3, just below a full R&G3
with the Extreme mode and the extras I'm fully expecting NEWSA v3 to surpass every other mod in difficulty (no pressure Nightwatch ;)

so yea, as a gamer I really, really want to play this mod \:d/

told you it could be a long post :P
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 12 Feb 2009 14:36

busetibi

It was one hell of a post from the heart, it's so great to see that all the efforts do seem to bring smiles to the faces at the end (after a lot of cursing, of course, :D ) . :thumbright:
It's finishing, now only days left, provided that hopefully somethings do not come up in life. Comparing each file one by one -yes I'm quite meticulous as much as I can- and stuffing the options folders. :mozilla_smile:

audioave10
audioave10 wrote:We sure want to play this mod........

http://thereeladdict.com/wp-content/upl ... wanted.jpg

I do, too. Do you have her phone number by any change? :mozilla_wink: :D

THIS IS A SCENE AFTER AN APC IS BLOWN OUT

(Just one of the many combinations of scattered-corpses visuals after each APC blow-up)

NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby busetibi on 12 Feb 2009 15:09

My friend, I in no way want to rush you, or appear to want to rush you into releasing v3, it will be ready and released when it's done.
I appreciate the time and effort you've taken with v3, especially (sp? forgive me it's 12:01 am here) since you've added Extreme mode which wasn't in your original thoughts for the next release but which has caused you a lot of extra work, in a way I feel guilty for having suggested it and knowing the time you must have spent working on it.
we are all in your debt Michael, and I thank you for endless hours of work you've put into NEWSA =D>
edit:
lol, look at the zombies head lying by itself :))
fkn classic
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 12 Feb 2009 15:30

Thank you busetibi :mozilla_smile: EXTREME mode was (and is) a very good idea, as all the other normal to hard modes still remain. But in this mode, player will have choosen a very dangerous and path which turns out merciless than what he was led to believe before he embarked upon his quest. (Blame Sidorovis, lol, :D)

We've played the mod before, now there is another (more punishing) face of the Zone to test our our skills that we developed along this process.
And, I am in debt of all you guys, who have been playing and supporting this mod all along. Thanks guys. :-bd

(well, the bodies of the inhabitants of the Zone, like soldiers to Stalker, who died burning in the High Radiation and Chemicals environments of the Zone -like the burnt out corpses from the blown up APC- may possibly be restarting to walk on the earth as some reanimated creatures as we call Zombies who appear mostly in Horror Times. (may be different version from the CC brain-washed/dead zombies)) That's the story, not :mozilla_smile: bad, eh?
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 12 Feb 2009 16:03

Not bad at all :thumbright:
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby audioave10 on 12 Feb 2009 16:25

WTH? That one zombie on the right looks obese...LOL.
Busetibi has been asking for harder mods for at least one year and
I fully hold him responsible for many of my deaths! :-J

Nightwatch...if I had her number I wouldn't give a rats-ass about when your mod will come out... :-o
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 12 Feb 2009 18:24

Been playing 2.4 for a little while now. First time in a long while that I have gotten excited about SoC. I die alot, but Damn! it's fun to play. Took out 3 APCs so far. Just got to the Bar.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 12 Feb 2009 23:38

Thanks rockingmtranch :mozilla_smile:

audioave10
Yup he sure looks obese,lol, maybe he was eating his fellow soldiers.

Those corpses actually GSC's (vanilla) dead soldier visuals, to be precise, also to be used for dead army_spetnaz guys, they are later used for active zombies as well in the mods, too.

army_spetnaz:
destroyed_vis_name = physics\Dead_Body\trupik_crash
(this is one of the corpses lying on the ground)

PS: Angelina Jolie beats any mod,period. Mods can wait, she wouldn't. :mozilla_wink: I would be on my way there well before you, lol. :D

Hey Grump642, great to hear that you're enjoying the game. From now on life in the Zone will only get harder, but I think that's OK as you seem to like a quite challenging gameplay. :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Grump642 on 13 Feb 2009 04:52

In my many plays of SoC, I have died from many things. But this takes the cake. Coming back from killing the soldier for Barkeep, just as I get to the road, I hear an APC. I start to dodge behind a tree when I take a bullet. Quick medkit, health OK, everything spinning I try to make the tree. Wham, rum over by the fastest APC I have ever seen!! Hit and Run!! :mozilla_surprised:
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 13 Feb 2009 12:13

Grump642 wrote:In my many plays of SoC, I have died from many things. But this takes the cake. Coming back from killing the soldier for Barkeep, just as I get to the road, I hear an APC. I start to dodge behind a tree when I take a bullet. Quick medkit, health OK, everything spinning I try to make the tree. Wham, rum over by the fastest APC I have ever seen!! Hit and Run!! :mozilla_surprised:

Hit and Run APC? Damn! Should been there to see it, lol. There's always something in life yet to be seen :D
Some friends would blame it on Vodka sitting next to the driver seat, though. :mozilla_wink: :D

BTW, Congratulations Grump642 you've just posted the 6000th. post in the forum. :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby audioave10 on 13 Feb 2009 17:21

GREAT work...Nightwatch...6000 posts!
You have created a Monster... :naka: :occasion6:
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 13 Feb 2009 19:26

Didn't get a screen shot because I was too busy going WTF!! :p
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 13 Feb 2009 19:45

I been hit and run by an APC before on my last game in Dark Valley. The thing was I never expected something the size of that to sneak up on me and go RAM. I just stared at the screen for about 5/10 minutes staring at the APC that crashed into a tree by me and stayed there. I know how you feel. In my current game im all set on taking revenge on that thing when i find it in dark valley (any APC will do over there).

Before I go APC hunting though I am going to need some more explosive ammo. My current status as Jamie can tell you (he was watching me play through xfire broadcast) is im a little low for my greande launcher and my other explosive weapon (can't remenber its name but it gives Rad) I hardly have any ammo for and the traders just rip you off with those prices for it.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 13 Feb 2009 19:55

I had over 150k RU when I first got to the Bar. Down to 60k now. I mean this thing was FAST!! But it did not survive our next encounter! After I was reborn, that is. :))
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 14 Feb 2009 00:35

Thanks audioave10 :mozilla_smile: and congratulations everyone that we've reached... and passed the 6000 posts mark. :occasion6: (and I see and raise audioave10's cake by another cake :mozilla_smile: ) :occasion5:

Hope to see you us all around here chatting on our 10000th post day, too. :salute:
*******************************************************************************************************

PS: I see that hit and run APC incidents are on the increase in the zone. Is it possible that the APC personnel saving the ammo and selling it on the blackmarket, hmm? :D
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Grump642 on 14 Feb 2009 01:06

Any good lawyers in the Zone??? :ymdevil:

Trying to get to Army Whse and when I ask the loudmouth about it( at the bar), the game crashes. Any other way?
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 14 Feb 2009 01:39

Grump642 wrote:Any good lawyers in the Zone??? :ymdevil:

Trying to get to Army Whse and when I ask the loudmouth about it( at the bar), the game crashes. Any other way?

Can you give a bit more details Grump642? Were you trying to buy Level Exchange info from the Bar Snitch? Also can you post the Fatal Error part of the Xray log?
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Grump642 on 14 Feb 2009 01:54

Yes from the Snitch.
! Missing ogg-comment, file: c:\program files\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\weapons\tm_val_shot_3.ogg
[16-9] get_xml_name for[maingame_pda_msg.xml] returns [maingame_pda_msg.xml]
stack trace:

001B:00D9105B xrLUA.dll
001B:04D8165C xrGame.dll

Happened every time I clicked on the agree to pay line.
Grump642
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions