NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby Nightwatch on 14 Feb 2009 02:22

Yes, I thought it was something to do with Snitch.
(But, before going into that, "missing ogg comments" do not crash game, it may cause that sound not function properly, but not cause crash.)

On the crash issue: I take that the line that you quote as "[16-9] get_xml_name for[maingame_pda_msg.xml] returns [maingame_pda_msg.xml]
stack trace:

001B:00D9105B xrLUA.dll
001B:04D8165C xrGame.dll" is below the "Fatal Error" line.

So, buying Level Changers info from the Snitch is buggy from the original SIMBION and can lead to random crashes during such attempts of buying LC info. I have removed this option now in version 3.0. Snitch is not going to offer LC info anymore.
You don't need to get LC infos from Snitch. I wonder if you've completed the Yantar, I guess not, as when you've completed the Yantar mission (turn off the emissions) Prof Sakharov will give you all the Level Changers' map points onto your PDA as a reward.

Alongside this reward process, there is also a secondary line of gaining Level Changers info process going on in the game, which is to find them through the found PDAs and other side missions. But, as I said, getting them all in one bulk from Sakharov -if you successfully complete his mission- will not necessitate to obtain them one by one.

So, you need to avoid asking Snitch about the LC info, that's already a non-function in 3.0 anyway.

Also, pelase keep in mind that, once you are in Yantar, after you've completed the "get the readings" mission with Kruglov/Semenov, you will -unfortunately and regrettably- need to shoot him as he starts to get stuck on this vertex path around the lab door after you've left the lab and cause the game crash. (the door opens, he gets stuck behind it, cannot continue its scripted pathwalk -GSC vanilla problem)
This problem has also been resolved in 3.0. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Grump642 on 14 Feb 2009 04:50

OK. No I have not been to Yantar yet. Just doing side quests and one was "Kill the traitor" in AW. I went on to DV and am getting ready to get the documents.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 14 Feb 2009 07:29

Last time I played 2.4...after shutting down psi-emissions and getting Level-changers reward from
the Doctor I stabbed Semenov so I wouldn't get the crash. It worked OK and then I want back to the Doc. and did some trading OK even though his text was red in color. He knew I killed Semenov but
still took my trades.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 14 Feb 2009 09:36

I prefered to take him out with a bang, inside the compound you'll see some red explosive barrels, carry two inside, set them next to him, go inside the room and BOOM!
Sak stays Green :)

( I know, there are easier ways to kill him, I just like to blow things up B-( )
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 14 Feb 2009 19:36

When is EXTREME is too EXTREME?

Maybe if you can't get out of Sidorovic's bunker for more than ten minutes at the start of the game, then -if you are quick and lucky enough- if you get stuck in the first building in the village, crouched behind a wall, in where you've just run like hell in front of a vicious helicopter who relentlessly hovers above you.

Maybe it's so, when it kills absolutely everybody in the village, then me...

Well, I've changed the logic, so the damn piece of junk metal will act naturally as it does at the beginning. But you will meet different choppers (not in appearance :mozilla_wink: ) along the game, some of which is rumoured to be piloted by crazy drunk pilots who are sent out by his own comrades with the hope of getting rid of him, lol. :D
(this report was from yesterday, I'm running the last test and fine tuning things along the way, if I seems it'd be better that way)

PS: I'm changing weapons acquirement sequence in EXTREME mode, you'll be getting heavier weapons just a bit later than usual (as in other modes) so, a bit more running and sneaking... better for a later revenge? :ymdevil:
Is there a serious loud objection on this repositioning?

-----------------
edit:

OK, domestos medkit textures pack (that I just moments ago said that I was including) did not actually work very well, as the DDS compositions are different than what we have. Domestos one is prepared in vanilla compatible way, whereas it didn't quite reflect the same way here, partly because we have a different DDS structure (in a single DDS) here. And we have also different textures for medkits than vanilla (better again) anyway.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby NatVac on 14 Feb 2009 21:58

Nightwatch wrote:... keep in mind that, once you are in Yantar, after you've completed the "get the readings" mission with Kruglov/Semenov, you will -unfortunately and regrettably- need to shoot him as he starts to get stuck on this vertex path around the lab door after you've left the lab and cause the game crash. (the door opens, he gets stuck behind it, cannot continue its scripted pathwalk -GSC vanilla problem)

Okay, this is new behavior to me. After you complete the "get the readings" mission, he walks to the corner of the room opposite Sakharov's corner and effectively "falls asleep standing up," in vanilla. (Not the way I'd have handled it.) He used to be distracted when you loaded a save and then would block the door or crash the game, but the ZRP fix rendered him oblivious to what was going on outside.

Did you change his smart terrain? Or does Simbion spawn zombies at that point? Why is he trying to go outside after you leave the lab? There is no explicit "scripted pathwalk" for this that I know of -- but it might be a reaction to a threat at that point and he is trying to deal with it.

It's not important to know if it is no longer a problem. And that does mean that my "killing him off" (a la Mole) in vanilla is not needed. In any case, I'm glad you got it resolved.
NatVac
Resident

Postby busetibi on 14 Feb 2009 22:51

Is there a serious loud objection on this repositioning?
not from me ;)
just means I'll have to work harder and be more careful till I get the weapons to take out the threats
:ymdevil:
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 14 Feb 2009 23:04

hey, Nat... how goes it?

Anyway... somebody want to tell me how the moonlight-teleport artifacts work? Before I muck it up? Never cared before... thought I would try 'em.

Got into another pack of pseudos & firebites.... thought I would try the digital camera out in my Dragonov 9X35..

Here's right before I get his attention

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... _escap.jpg

And then, if you look close, you can see the kill shot... B-)

WOOHOO! what is this guy doing? (actually, what was he doing before he died horribly?) ;)

Look who I found by the rookie camp?

Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 14 Feb 2009 23:32

fiznerpin1962 wrote:hey, Nat... how goes it?

Anyway... somebody want to tell me how the moonlight-teleport artifacts work? Before I muck it up? Never cared before... thought I would try 'em.

they dont.
I tried in v1 and could only get one to work (outside the switch from Bar/WT) it caused an electro anom but when I tried to deploy the other one in Yantar it just kinda rolled around and did nothing,
I never tried it in v2.4.
you may want to try it, just put the artifact in your first weapons slot click it and it should start rolling around in your hands, then just throw it on the ground
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 15 Feb 2009 00:22

NatVac wrote:
Nightwatch wrote:... keep in mind that, once you are in Yantar, after you've completed the "get the readings" mission with Kruglov/Semenov, you will -unfortunately and regrettably- need to shoot him as he starts to get stuck on this vertex path around the lab door after you've left the lab and cause the game crash. (the door opens, he gets stuck behind it, cannot continue its scripted pathwalk -GSC vanilla problem)

Okay, this is new behavior to me. After you complete the "get the readings" mission, he walks to the corner of the room opposite Sakharov's corner and effectively "falls asleep standing up," in vanilla. (Not the way I'd have handled it.) He used to be distracted when you loaded a save and then would block the door or crash the game, but the ZRP fix rendered him oblivious to what was going on outside.

Did you change his smart terrain? Or does Simbion spawn zombies at that point? Why is he trying to go outside after you leave the lab? There is no explicit "scripted pathwalk" for this that I know of -- but it might be a reaction to a threat at that point and he is trying to deal with it.

It's not important to know if it is no longer a problem. And that does mean that my "killing him off" (a la Mole) in vanilla is not needed. In any case, I'm glad you got it resolved.

Hi NatVac

I haven't changed the smart terrains for him there, well, as I mentioned in my email to you at that time, I had changed the smart terrains and the things had got a bit of some Twilight Zone episode touch, and I had reverted it back because keeping the appearances in vanilla way (or sane way) would require a lot of online/offline stuff editing and was not the effort.

I am using ZRP gulag_yantar.ltx (30-10-2008) and the ZRP fix greatly helps him when he is collecting emissions data with Marked One outside. he is certainly not completely oblivious to the dangers there (outside) but also he doesn't walk away from the "mission site" to follow the zombies well away around the X16 lab, as it ususally happens in vanilla. So the fix keeps his "danger assessment" levels in proper check and the mission is completed.

However, as I stayed inside the Sak bunker on several occasions after the completion and the reporting process of the mission instead of going outside and therefore witnessed his behavioural patterns, after he reports to Sakharov, he remains in his corner for a few moments then walks to the door, apparently responding a perceived danger sign from the outside. Then the rest is as I referred. Mostly he gets stuck behind the door, between the door and the wall, when the door opens upon his approach. Door's opening and his walking speeds somehow does not match. (Strange, for he can walk out earlier after Marked One for the reading missions.) And a few times he ran to the door before it could open fully and continued pushing his way forward stubornly against the equally stubborn door which did not back down from its attempts to open.

In vanilla, after the mission there are almost no creatures or dangers around the lab for quite some time, then rarely some snorks move from around the area and causes him to create same crash on occasions. Possibly ZRP fix works in vanilla in these situations (I haven't tried it in vanilla, never played vanilla in well over a year) but in this mod, there are constant threats and spawning around the clock -almost no breathing time- so that would be expectable that he would be a sort of hyper-active in his responses as well.

I have solved this particular matter within the game scenario. :mozilla_wink:

fiznerpin1962

Yes, busetibi is right, those teleports that opened with moonlight-teleport (a function from original Simbion) were buggy and they were disconnected therefore.
I have changed now the properties of both moonlight artifacts, and you can use of them even as a substitute weapon in addition to its artifact properties. Applicable on all modes.

And nice pictures again, particularly the one in which Firebite grins at you through the scope. :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 15 Feb 2009 05:15

Very nice pics :thumbright:
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 15 Feb 2009 14:53

Thanks guys.... this is the only time (this game - this mod) I have bothered with the screenshot button. :-?? It makes very nice kodak moments. :thumbright:
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 15 Feb 2009 19:41

I switched from veteran to master at the bar. More things to kill now. Since I got used to the way it plays, I don't die as much anymore. Who are these "Hunters"? They don't like me very much. Have to kill em when they see me. :))
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 15 Feb 2009 20:02

Grump642 wrote:I switched from veteran to master at the bar. More things to kill now. Since I got used to the way it plays, I don't die as much anymore. Who are these "Hunters"? They don't like me very much. Have to kill em when they see me. :))

Heh he, :mozilla_smile: I'll tell you something that may surprise you and also may give a proud moment as well, that is you've been playing on "MASTER" level since the beginning anyway, as I have tied all levels to Master, so there is only one Master level in the game no matter what option the player chooses . A bit sinister maybe, :ymdevil: but it's been acknowledged in the Read Me. So it means you've been against very difficult odds from the beginning. :thumbright:

Hunters are another faction, well armed and suited. They are usually good guys, neutral as they are, but somebody must've been killed in crossfire or something and they got hostile to you. Are they giving red signal? If their standing is hostile, you can go to the trader and have him fixed the relations against a reasonable payment. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Grump642 on 15 Feb 2009 21:49

They don't turn red till they get a visual on me from what I've seen. Makes it real hard to know they are around. Came out of the Loners Bar and got attacked by 2 of them. Tried to bring up contacts and game kept crashing. No biggie, I know who they are now. I do not want to fix their attitude. They will FEAR me, or I will exterminate the whole faction!! :ymdevil:
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 15 Feb 2009 22:32

Grump642 wrote:I do not want to fix their attitude. They will FEAR me, or I will exterminate the whole faction!! :ymdevil:

That's the attitude :salute:

-------------------------------------

(I've checked the PDA contacts crashes matter extensively -which happens at times-. It is due to some quirky way the xRay handles and allocates memory to PDA function. When there are few people around, it works fine, as it does in vanilla. But when the immediate area around you is spawned with, say, 25-40 NPCs, it seems it can't handle the load comfortably.
I've followed the characters that were around during such crashes, and every single one of them appeared OK on PDA, with no crashes, when just few NPCs around. This mod throws far too many NPCs foe PDA's comfort. PDA contacts was not a good idea from GSC anyway in terms of resource management on which xRay was very heavy already. Other functions also draw far too much resource in this mod, not helping PDA much. Best way is try to avoid asking for contacts on PDA when too many NPCs are seen in your radar. :mozilla_smile: )
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Grump642 on 16 Feb 2009 03:21

OK, well I did it to see who the hell was shooting at me in bar! I did shorten stay_after_death_time to help my gfx card out a little.
edit; better hurry on 3.0! I'm off for the antenna.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 16 Feb 2009 03:36

It won't be late :mozilla_smile: I'm running the last test play. Ironing out some visual type of things, like I reduced the size of the numbers of codes to the bunker doors in EXTREME version a bit (that I've put some places) they were too easily spottable. Such things. also, changed the weapon allocation places. It'll be different in Extreme version. Will work tonight as well, already started anyway. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby busetibi on 16 Feb 2009 04:36

just in case the email goes astray, yea, send me it ;)
busetibi
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions