NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby Ultradad on 21 Feb 2009 21:44

Nightwatch wrote:Yup, it looks like a merge done there, or an unintended damage to an xml file, a string id cannot be read, maybe it's not added, closed properly or the required string ID does not actually correspond in the relevant file, in your xml files.
Cure: run your set up again, choosing the same option, it'll take about a minute and won't harm your ongoing game. :mozilla_smile:

Hello there :-bd

Thanks for the info Nightwatch :thumbright: , as yours is the only mod i am using at the moment it must be a damaged xml file. I uninstalled your mod and deleted the game data folder then reinstalled it again and patched upto 2.4. Ran back to the place it was crashing and was ok :thumbright:

Doc has been on the prowl again so i followed him for a bit to see what he gets upto when i am not looking :-k

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/docgettingowned.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/docgettingowned2.jpg

He spotted me and did what he does best =))

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/heisatitagain.jpg

My favorite mob in the game, the controller but i just call him wobble head :ymdevil:

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/twins.jpg

Got to go kill something, talk to you later :salute:
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 22 Feb 2009 00:45

Mean people suck! :p I tried shooting the blue lights. Heard the sound of glass breaking, but that was all. Will try again with more firepower! I am kind of a direct guy. If in doubt, I start shooting shit!!! :d
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 22 Feb 2009 02:04

rockingmtranch wrote:They look AWESOME! I have a feeling that I won't see them in that condition for some time though LOL. Maybe myself but not them :D

C'mon rock, you're being too modest. I'm sure you'll make some decent BBQ out of them. B-)
-----------------------

Ultradad

Catchy pictures again, :thumbright:
I'm glad that you're game recovered after reinstalling the mod. :mozilla_smile:
And please stay away from speaking with Hunters after NPP return, when you see them in the underground carpark (if they appear there). Some of them later found to be having some problems which caused crashes, which I have since then repaired and in v3.0 they won't exhibit this problem.
(Also, as you haven't been for a couple of weeks (although you might've read it, still) I think I should informe that I have solved the Pripyat (vanilla) walkpath problems (NPCs getting stuck in their path and taking the game down) that kept crashing game after the NPP return when there starts too many spawns and so we got an increase ratio of this problem being called. Now, from v3.0 no such walkpath crashed in Pripyat.)
------------------------

Grump642

You must blow up all the blue lights in order that the following scene(s) start. Best way is to standing at the doorway and shooting the lights from a comfortable distance, because as you must've seen now, there are some fire creatures/entities who would attack you inside the hall if entered. :mozilla_smile:
save before start shooting the lights. because you may need to make some choices and then you may not like the choice(s) that you've made, so a restarting at that point would save you time in that case. :mozilla_wink:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Grump642 on 22 Feb 2009 02:52

Bigger gun worked just fine. Told the guy to take a hike. KILL EM ALL!! Too linear tho.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 22 Feb 2009 03:14

w00t!
you're now in for the fight of your life Grump642 :-bd
(Stancia2)

gl, and happy landings when you get back to the mayhem in Pripyat
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Wombat_70 on 22 Feb 2009 04:13

Nightwatch those pictures are amazing, so much details, just incredible, I can't wait for the release of v3
but I must be patient :-w :) you'll release it when you're ready :mozilla_smile:
All hope abandon ye who enter here.
May the Zone be with you.
Wombat_70

Postby Grump642 on 22 Feb 2009 05:40

Yeah, it was a little tough, but they are all dead now. It looks like they had a party at the bar while I was gone.
http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/Grump642/ss_grumpy_02-21-09_21-53-57_l05_bar.jpg
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 22 Feb 2009 15:54

Those pretty looking apc's are going to find their end on sad they when I get my hands on this new version 8-[ :)
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 22 Feb 2009 16:36

Sure is fun now. Running around looting, killing, plundering. Watching Duty and Freedom fight each other. I think I sold the same guns 3 times! :-bd Sell to Duty guy, he gets killed right away, I loot his body and get my stuff back. Sell it again to Freedom guy, and the same thing happens. What a way to make money!!
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby NatVac on 22 Feb 2009 17:57

Those pictures are making me cry. It will be a while before I can enjoy that quality of graphics. Nice work, Nightwatch! It looks to be much more immersive than a couple of car tires and smoke.

Grump642, to clarify a statement I made earlier:
NatVac wrote:Grump642, that's a waste of electricity.

You should make it a waste of something else. :P

I was referring to the blue lights you mentioned, which you later handled. I was trying to be subtle; perhaps I overdid it. But I did not mean to imply that playing the game was a waste of electricity! :-o
NatVac
Resident

Postby Grump642 on 22 Feb 2009 19:15

No problem NatVac. It was a good hint. Once I figured out that this was what was needed, I just had to use the shotgun.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 22 Feb 2009 20:46

This sucks. I went back to NPP, got in a firefight and a blowout came. Nowhere to hide, so I ran for the level changer, knowing hiding place was on the other side. Now, even after taking a "nap", the blowout is still going on. Can I not go back because I did not finish the blowout in that level??
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 22 Feb 2009 21:55

NatVac wrote:Those pictures are making me cry. It will be a while before I can enjoy that quality of graphics. Nice work, Nightwatch! It looks to be much more immersive than a couple of car tires and smoke.

Thanks NatVac It's a very nice compliment and it means a lot :mozilla_smile: Actually, the artwork owes it to MAYA more than it does to me, tbh, :mozilla_smile: it's an amazing software, I've made even some other effects on the "post blown-up APC phase", but Xray couldn't handle it; e.g.Some hot-core fire and air-gushing turbulance effects. But I think what has gone through is still reasonable enough. :mozilla_smile:

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:Those pretty looking apc's are going to find their end on sad they when I get my hands on this new version 8-[ :)

That's a winning formula :thumbright: determination... never give up.

Wombat_70 wrote:Nightwatch those pictures are amazing, so much details, just incredible, I can't wait for the release of v3
but I must be patient :-w :) you'll release it when you're ready :mozilla_smile:

Thank you, much appreciated, it's a great support, helps for all the sleepless hours. :mozilla_smile:

Grump642 wrote:Sure is fun now. Running around looting, killing, plundering. Watching Duty and Freedom fight each other. I think I sold the same guns 3 times! :-bd Sell to Duty guy, he gets killed right away, I loot his body and get my stuff back. Sell it again to Freedom guy, and the same thing happens. What a way to make money!!
....Yeah, it was a little tough, but they are all dead now. It looks like they had a party at the bar while I was gone.
http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/Grump642/ss_grumpy_02-21-09_21-53-57_l05_bar.jpg
....This sucks. I went back to NPP, got in a firefight and a blowout came. Nowhere to hide, so I ran for the level changer, knowing hiding place was on the other side. Now, even after taking a "nap", the blowout is still going on. Can I not go back because I did not finish the blowout in that level??

Yeah it's a very good way of making money. :mozilla_smile: And it seems when you were away, military attacked the bar and got their ass kicked big time, lol.
It's great that you've already cleared the NPP from monolith and roaming in Pripyat.
Hmm... that blowout to continue on the other side of the level changer thing, there is something in the game that becomes apparent at times (the way the Xray handles saves) that when you are in high radiation poisining or under a blowout, it may transfer the conditions to the other side of the level changer, but not the whole process, meaning that it does not bring the ending process of it together, so it enters a sort of perpetual state. Try getting back to the NPP level, but it may not help still at that point, best way I'd suspect would be to reload a save prior to the blowout and trying not to change levels during a radiation hit or a blowout. Yup very unlucky time to be hit by a blowout there, you can try reaching the reactor door where you first entered the lab levels.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 22 Feb 2009 21:57

You probably just need to stand around & kick dirt until the Blowout is over.. :-??

BTW - Kodak moment: shadows from an unknown light source in the ground

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... _rosto.jpg
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 22 Feb 2009 22:01

Hello there :-bd

Well i am not bored yet so here is a nice round figure of 400 controllers :thumbright:

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/400controllers.jpg

The game thinks its fun to pop 10 firebites and let me get on with it :ymdevil:

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/thisdontlookgood.jpg

Doing my rounds and had a nasty mob pop and everything got spanked #-o

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/nastypopandeveryonewipes.jpg

Looting has gone to far, they left nothing of this poor sod :ymblushing:

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/someonelooteditarmsandlegslol.jpg

Final screenshot of the day, my moneys on the skinny guy =))

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/punchup.jpg

Got to go i think i can see another controller :))
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 23 Feb 2009 03:22

Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 23 Feb 2009 06:38

Ultradad...400 controllers?...I've never seen that many. Busetibi did that too. You guys are...Contract Controller Killers! :evil4:
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 24 Feb 2009 02:43

Nightwatch, my last hard save was just before I shot out the blue lights. I tried going to AW, thinking that autosave might fix the problem. No. I guess the x-ray engine saves off-line info for all levels as well as on-line info for your level. Seems strange, but maybe that's what makes the AI work well.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 24 Feb 2009 13:33

You guys are all amazing. :thumbright: You're hitting the game so hard, that it does everything to hit you back in fashion. Everywhere, every angle is mayhem, a corner from hell.
Striking pictures all around again.
-----------

Grump642
If I managed to follow your route correctly, I guess you've finished NPP and returned to Pripyat and visited the bar through AW? (because you've posted a picture from Bar area depicting what had happened there in your absence) And then you wanted to go to AW using the auto save? I'd expect that the auto save done from AW to Bar should take you back to AW. Maybe I missed the crono of your process in the game, I need to re-read them now. :mozilla_smile:
Nightwatch
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions