NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby Grump642 on 24 Feb 2009 15:18

Partly right. Finished NPP, went to the bar to sell get sniper ammo, went back to NPP and this is when I had the blowout problem. Since the blowout was in the autosave I did when I left NPP, I thought using another level changer might fix the blowout problem. It did not.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 24 Feb 2009 23:11

Grump642
Ah, right, I remember now, thanks. You had changed the levels during a blow out and it had got stuck. Then in your previous analysis I think you're right about the mechanisms of how the saves are handled, as far as I can see, as we can't see the engine, but trying to analyse its functions in a sort of reverse engineering mentality.
In this situation, as if a time travel action in the zone's time and space, you need to get back and load a save done prior to the blowout and wait for it to end before changing the level. I know, a lot of hassle, particularly you've progressed some distance since then.
================

Guys,

Garbage (in EXTREME mode) , particularly at the beginning of the game when you are lacking serious firepower is an absolute bitch to negotiate with. B-( :D You will need to use a lot brain power alongside your available weapons to get through the level. think youselves as if parachuted down on a wrong side of things and that you need to save your skin like a skilled commando. :D

NOTE 2:

Monolith has launched a massive attack to ROSTOK (BAR) at a scale I have not witnessed before. They, after wiping the most of the population in Bar Area, then literally entered the 100 Rads Bar and killed many inside, including me.

An End:
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... jj&thumb=6

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... fi&thumb=6

As I ended up dead, I cannot know the end of this attack of course, but I think I can safely assume that, we have lost ROSTOK and the Bar to the Monolith.
A sad day for non-monoliths (or non-monolithuanians, as Google once translated them)
And a victorious day for Monolith supporters.
Pick as you wish. :D
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 25 Feb 2009 00:13

Curse you Nightwatch for alot of things. My brain is not very sharp especially when it comes to quick thinking of what to do when in a situation of say 10 v 1? I will play extreme mode and I will show my courage and bravery and whatever else I have to show.

And about the Bar. How many monolith were there do you estimate? obviously you couldn't know the full numbers as that be impossible of counting dead bodies plus you seem to stand no chance by looking at them pictures in the 100 rads bar.

I would like better weapons against the enemy for extreme mode but hey. If the heroes in some films get to take on a whole army with limited ammo and had to take the enemies weapons at the end then sure why not us? I would like hidden weapons around the place with very limited very rare ammo so we can just pwn for a few minutes but where be the fun in that without suffering?

Heres a question I like to ask everyone about their important characters. If they are alive if you didn't get them killed to steal their weapons or something where are they now? Mainly the ones that move about like Mole. My Mole is currently in Bar/Rostok as you saw in my one of my early pictures (quite surprising as I moved straight there after apro and he was still in apro doing his random moves. He must be the flash or something).

Actually another question. Can all the Important characters move like at freeplay or something? Say Wolf instead of going to army warehouses he may just do a random walk around the place check up on other loners etc. Surely he may decide to go back to cordon to check on how the village is going as he can't just leave it as it is (with the military and mercs and bandits). How about Nimble? Maybe something more exciting then just sleeping all day until disturbed? Mole well I guess that doesn't need mentioning as he just does that anyway. Seriy I can't remenber if he wonders off or not but im sure I saw him gone on one of my games (could of been OL). Fox what about him? The only reason hes where he is now is that hes meeting someone? Doesn't he wonder off after that though?

Sorry for the little noob character questions but I find them quite interesting (no idea why). And I hate to admit it but I am problay one of the only people to not complete STALKER but continue to play the mods and always end up at the same point (I think I said this before but oh well). My goal is to complete it on the hardest difficulty possible (Bring it on extreme? I sure get the most deaths that way). If anyone wonders where I got to it was after dark valley underground lab thing. Making my way to Yantar. Mind you I have been there before I have been to Dark Valley as I find it a little nice source of income on money for artifacts that I don't need.

And one last thing I like to apologise for my lack of updates but I have been a little busy with other things :mozilla_frown: . Anyway thats enough of me for now. Surely the next time I post in this thread it be an update on my game (hopefully) but I doubt I be able to play on it the next few days (tomorrow busy catching up on my work, Thursday got some army trip thing then after that gotta make sure all my work is all ready for being marked on Friday. So Friday be the day)
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 25 Feb 2009 04:17

Garbage (in EXTREME mode) , particularly at the beginning of the game when you are lacking serious firepower is an absolute bitch to negotiate with.

:ymbringiton:
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 25 Feb 2009 05:25

@Balious I've met Mole in Pripyat and at the Rookie ville in Cordon,I've also come across Bes and Seriy walking towards the switch to Agroprom, and Seiry in the AW level just across from Freedom base/back of Bloodsucker Ville.
and I came across Fox's body in Dark Valley
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 25 Feb 2009 06:08

OK, I went back to a save just before I shot out the blue lights.Told the guy to "Eat feces and die" and then finished NPP. Ran to the Bar, Skinflint does not sell 9x39s, then came back to NPP. Right after I arrived, another blowout. Ran for the entrance where we first go in, till I was right by the level changer. Surrounded by concrete walls, and I still died. I don't think the game wants us to go back. Anyone else gone back to NPP after leaving?
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 25 Feb 2009 06:13

Hello there :thumbright:

Wow nightwatch 8-[ , your mind has spawned a monster of a mod this time. It sounds rock hard and scary at the same time :ymdevil: .If i get out of the starter village i am going to take a screenshot and post it here :-J . Sounds like i am gonna have to bind (bend over and touch your toes here comes the monsters) to the b key :thumbright:
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 25 Feb 2009 07:19

Anyone else gone back to NPP after leaving?

yep, a couple of times in v2.4, never had a blow out on any of my returns though.

edit:
re-loaded my first "End Game" from v2.4, lol, finally got out of Pripyat, I'd forgotten about the mass Snork attack in the Stadium, a couple of deaths later and I'm back in NPP, been cruising around for an hour (irt) still no blow out.
/quit
: dunno: :shrug:

I'll try a couple of other "End Games" from v2.4 as I've got at least four other "End Games"
yea, I love this mod and have played it through four times (five counting the first time)
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 25 Feb 2009 14:00

busetibi wrote:Garbage (in EXTREME mode) , particularly at the beginning of the game when you are lacking serious firepower is an absolute bitch to negotiate with.

Yeah. What he said....

Anyhow, I'm still dinkin' around, doing some "after action" quests - looking for chimeras (got a dozen). Pretty soon, though, it's going to be open season on controllers. ;) :-w on v3
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 25 Feb 2009 14:31

Pretty soon, though, it's going to be open season on controllers. on v3

WooHoo :-bd
looks like we have another Controller hunter =D>
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 25 Feb 2009 14:40

Balious
Wel, first on monolith attack on Bar: It was during my second entry to Rostok coming from Dark Valley through Cordon and after seeing Sid and getting the mil case for him. Monolith was high in numbers, frankly I couldn't have chance to count them, but I'd give it about 20 or something. Some of them were experts wearing Exos and carrying Vintars and Grozas. I retreated to the 100 Rads Bar, but they came in and I was on eof the last who eventually fell. I think only the Barman survived. well, even Monolith would need someone to serve drinks, lol. :D

About the other characters, busetibi decribes their (after mission) voyages well. In my game, when I was on my way to the Bar, (DV-Condon-Garbage) Fox was wondering around the doorsteps of Bes' junkyard. He may end up dead again in Dark Valley, who knows. There's a small humorous touch in Nimble's carefree sleeping. Yeah, I can take Wolf from going to AW, but it needs to wait for a small add-on later, as it'd require an all.spawn job, which I've tied up that kind of stuff now, (otherwise it'd require me to start a new game, as I wouldn't release it without a full run) now I'm testing the game, and fine tuning things on an easier (on-the-fly way) doable scripts and ltx levels.

don't worry about not being able to update regularly, it's a compliment enough that you're keeping it on your mind. :thumbright: Our daily duties to our families, jobs, education, etc, do come first of course. You'll do the entertainment stuff when it's own time due. :mozilla_smile:

(PS: I'm sure that you'll do just fin ein EXTREME mode. It's not quite a Rambo style, though you eventually get high-grade weaponry in the game, it's always more of a thinking and designing tactics sort of a way. :mozilla_wink:

Grump642

Blow out again? On second round NPP...What a luck! You may try sleeping before entering NPP level and let the blow out took its coiurse when you're not there. Take shelter in a safe -or relatively safer- place in Pripyat (if you can find :mozilla_smile: ) and get a sleep for a few hours 3 or 5. Then try entering the NPP, I bet you would have skipped the blowout, and you'll be in underground levels if it comes next time.

busetibi wrote:Garbage (in EXTREME mode) , particularly at the beginning of the game when you are lacking serious firepower is an absolute bitch to negotiate with.

It'd require running from behind of a wall to another wall, circling around them while trying to avoid being targeted, hiding inside things, places... timing your running speed, and after you've repelled an attack (if you've managed to discourage the offender a bit) and calculating how much time you've got until it turns around. ~x( :ymdevil:
(there is a very bad bird, with a baaad logic. Does anyone think it's a: :duckie: Yeah... sure. x_x )

fiznerpin1962
I think we've introduced another season to the Hunting Calendar: Controllers Season. :D We have a culling to do. :-bd

I want a Controller lighly seared with pepper sauce , please. :violent3: :D
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby busetibi on 25 Feb 2009 15:21

It'd require running from behind of a wall to another wall, circling around them while trying to avoid being targeted, hiding inside things, places... timing your running speed, and after you've repelled an attack (if you've managed to discouraged the offender) calculating how much time you've got until it turns around.

lol, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when everyone encounters this, even more so when they realise the intended RPG was REMOVED.
fkn bwahahahahha
going slightly OT here,but I can see this happening in v3 (Extreme Mode)
when I was playing Q3A CTF we had a couple of guys in the clan called zed-ef and killem, zed was flag attack and killem was mid defense both were good players but very intense, in other words, the were mouse smashers.
you could count on at least one of them totally destroying their mouse during a match that they had to call a "Time Out" to re-install a new mouse at least every other week, it got the point that our clan was renamed "timeout" by other clans.
the last lan I attended (about 50 players) and true to form they both reduced their mouses to pieces on the first day.

Moral?
dont take it out on your Mouse!!!!!
by all means throw it down and scream "I dont believe this *hit", but dont pound the *hit out of it on your desk!!

v3 on EXTREME MODE have you got the nads to play it?
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 25 Feb 2009 17:16

Hello there :thumbright:

Wow i am getting realy excited about this mod the more nuggets of info nightwatch gives out :D . That screenshot of the bar getting taken over made me feel that my old ati 3870 was getting a bit long in the tooth and not handling this mod 2.4 very well :pale:

So i just dropped a order for a ati 4850 to beef my system up a bit to play this new v3 mod =D> . Happy days are here and its on the way, getting ready to take on this bad boy in all its glory and actualy play with the graphics maxed out i hope :-bd

Going to try out my trusty and well used starting tactic of owing nastys from inside a attic unless nightwatch got them climbing ladders as well now, please tell me they cannot climb ladders :mozilla_surprised:

Off to sit by front door and wait all night for my new card, i can see the carnage now =D>
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 25 Feb 2009 17:38

Thanks for the replys guys :D

The Controller hunting season gave me another idea (here we go again). How bout we have our own hunting calender of each mutant? More of the harder ones I guess like Controller, Bloodsucker etc. I can imagine walking around Pripyat saying come out come out wherever you are controller. Then a whole bunch come out of nowhere and pwn my brain.

Now I finally have time to play STALKER again \:d/ been too long. Where did I get to now.. I be either at the Bar leaving for DV or just doing random hunting in Garbage or perhaps listen to some loners play :rock:

Hopefully I don't make the mistake of pressing wrong buttons like I did in L4D once. Which was due to playing too much STALKER at the time #-o
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 25 Feb 2009 17:58

If I had 3.0, I would not have to mess with this NPP problem! :))
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 25 Feb 2009 22:30

Hey guys its me again. I have lots of screenshots and lots of action to share but so little time. So to sum it all up I have the screenshot of how it ended. And from what I know no one has posted anything like it before. Which somehow gives me a brillant new idea (great im at it again). My newest idea is now why not have some image competition of who can make the best pose or something like that? Screenshot competition for STALKER :D

Anyway enough. Heres my screenshots:
http://i40.tinypic.com/29g0q5f.jpg
My character waving to you all goodbye in style.

And of course like everything else in the zone (apart from the birds) he has to go back to the zone:
http://i40.tinypic.com/dlrw35.jpg

For those that can't figure out how I got up there. It has something to do with a Burer but it wasn't the one that killed me.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2je4jso.jpg
Damn im coming in too fast.

I would post them up so you don't have to click on them but its too much hassle for me right now.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 26 Feb 2009 01:29

Yup, the RPG and its three rounds were removed from the Garbage Hangar's outside toilet following the recommendations of busetibi. The latest repositioning of NEWSA weaponry in the EXTREME mode (it's different than that of all other modes) was done with consultation with busetibi and I thank him a lot for his valuable advices. :salute:

Ultradad, you're getting a new card for this mod (at least it had initiated this decision)? I hope the mod lives up to that expectations. It's graphically and techically better than v2.4, that's for sure. Aside from a wide range small repairs, two major bottlenecks were removed, one from Yantar (as of scenario implementation) and the other from Pripyat, those vanilla pathwalk problems (as of scripts implementations).

No, they are not climbing ladders yet (expect one or two odd instances in NPP level as you all know) but I made them (snipers) come down from the roofs and from the rooms in Pripyat, they now slide down the sides of the buildings onto the streets. (not with Oscar winning graphics, but still decent enough :mozilla_smile: ) but they haven't yet learned to go up vertically :mozilla_wink: who knows, maybe later, they can even pull that, too.

Nice picture catches Balious :thumbright:
You can choose a target for yourself, for example you can decide to cull all snorks and get the killing the most snorks, or the total of mutants. Same goes to killing highest number of mercs, monos, etc. Get high marks either in overall count, or in specific sections, the we can have your PDA stats on the Players Corner.

Grump642
:thumbright: Thanks, it's almost around the corner.
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Grump642 on 26 Feb 2009 02:34

I came on this http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv34 ... 06_ros.jpg and thought Duty was getting their butts kicked. Till I came on this http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv34 ... 06_ros.jpg
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 26 Feb 2009 02:39

Wow, massive carnage, on both sides. :axe:
Nightwatch
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions