NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby Nightwatch on 12 May 2009 22:48

Hey audioave10 have you got to the Sniper bunker yet? Or you are far away from that area? There are good clues from guys scattered around the last couple of pages on where you can find the codes. :mozilla_wink: (Extreme version bunker codes)

Grump642
yeah, I use Winmerge alot, too, but ONLY for checking/comparing stuff, as you do. I don't trust automated merge/shred :mozilla_wink: facilities. In my opinion, the best -and the only thing- is to understand the stuff that one wants to work on it, then develop the thing yourself. How would the stupid software know when copying scripts from one file to another that the programmer has placed many other scattered pieces of script all around the files (not necessarily on the same file even) and all pieces check each other from god knows where :mozilla_wink: :mozilla_smile: Only a human (OK, a reasonably clever one) can understand this. You are also a good old school, too. :thumbright:

Balious
Good pictures. :mozilla_smile: Your Corner would like a couple of more good pictures anyway.
As you point out, when you bypassed Bes and went to Bar and came back, you chanced the "vanilla" sequence of events. In such situations, sometimes vanilla fails to follow the line (cannot always recalculate the route unlike a TomTom), but it doesn't always happen like that. I many times skipped the missions, and when I came back, the mission was given, but then again, sometimes STALKER skips it. Depends on many things actually.
(PS: on a general subject: hardware/software incompatibilities are not called bugs. No software is obliged to support all hardware/software clusters. Percentage is important. Bugs are global faults which upset any number of functions to one extent or another across a wide range and vast number of systems. We've all seen people who lower this threshold even to the level of dislike of the colour/shining of a racing car in a game, for example.)

Just before posting: A very good hit on Agro Chopper :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby audioave10 on 13 May 2009 04:20

Nightwatch...I'm on Master difficulty and at the sniper bunker after the blowout. Just wondering - is there a bunker (and code)
used in the Master version of this? BS bunker is in Extreme mode but is it in Master mode too? If that's what you mean then I need to check corpses PDA's for a bunker code? :-?

right behind the sniper bunker...
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... -36_l1.jpg
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 13 May 2009 07:26

Well, I've shut off the Brain Scorcher but need to go back anyway since I've forgotten to talk to Guide & Doc. No codes
found for the Ammo Bunker - and I noticed there is two bunker
doors down there. I hate puzzles. ](*,)

audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 13 May 2009 08:57

audioave10 regardless if you play Extreme or none Extreme mode your Difficulty level is set on "Master".
If you're playing v3.0 on Extreme mode you will NOT find any codes in any PDA's.
yes down in BS complex there are two/(three,if you count the one in the room where you throw the switch) key pad doors, but just like in "Vanilla" only one opens/contains stuff.
mega hint......
it's good that you're going to see Doc, even more so as you spawn in the right place after your talk with him..................
Topography for the win :-?
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby NatVac on 13 May 2009 11:23

Firebites are cool. No, wait... They are hot! :thumbright: (Yes, an old joke.)

I realize that I didn't make it clear that my old gaming rig is not up to the demands of the game, but I'm removing some features to get my FPS up.

I've identified one cause of stutter: The sun_dir console spam at night for those of us forced to use static lighting.* That might be fixable with Trojanuch's tweak to limit the sun's position at night based on what Mr. Fusion observed.

Opinion: The weapon damage and suit protection numbers should not be set high in the descriptions, when it takes more ammo to bring down mutants and NPCs than before and you die when a couple of bullets hit you -- even with 50% armor protection in the Cordon. That would help those of us coming from vanilla to not complain so much.

Yes, I know that the creatures are actually tougher -- but that's a problem in its own right, as the Marked One is continually reprising the role of horribly-mutilated victim in one of those popular crime dramas, replete with long commercial breaks (AKA "Synchronizing..."), until he starts getting some firepower.

Parts of this game are definitely not to my taste. I had a bad experience: I was already nauseated from over-playing this page-turner of a game (I'm supposed to take breaks to avoid this, but ...), when my screen went wonky: The Marked One reeled when shot. I retched; sour taste #1. And then I got killed because I spent too much time looking for my special Walther Automatic. It had apparently vanished from the game; sour taste #2.

Okay, what causes that occasional tilt followed by a blurring effect? Hunger? Lack of sleep? A psi-effect creature nearby? My wife bopping me for playing a game with "feelthy peectures" in the setup screen? B-( I desperately want to prevent that.

I couldn't see anything in the 4 KB readme, and I didn't find any other local documentation. I guess at this point someone will direct me to an on-line website for the info. :-"

I know it's a good game when I'm willing to put up with the sadistic stuff, Nightwatch! Suggested blurb: "You must first survive, Marked One. Later, perhaps, you can take control of your own destiny -- if you live."

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 13 May 2009 13:07

You don't like the "bullet shock" effect? I think it's awesome! When you reeled backwards, you dropped your sidearm (if it was equipped @ the time) - it should be nearby on the ground. Also: when you ding a bad guy & they do the same thing, don't waste bullets on them until they have "regrouped" - no effect most times (just wait 'till they raise their weapon again, shoot 'em in the head).

- you should try this game with everything maxed (full dynamic lighting, largest screen res., everything full bore....) - it will definitely make a weak stomache turn!! :-bd
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 13 May 2009 14:53

Thanks for the tip...Busetibi. So Extreme is a game mode and not a "difficulty" mode. I should say I'm playing "non-extreme".
Hope that clears that up.
NatVac...a good "hit" by your enemy will make you drop your
weapon. Its a nice feature but it pisses me off too. Just wait
untill you drop it in an anomaly!
](*,)
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 13 May 2009 15:24

NatVac wrote:

Okay, what causes that occasional tilt followed by a blurring effect? Hunger? Lack of sleep? A psi-effect creature nearby? My wife bopping me for playing a game with "feelthy peectures" in the setup screen? B-( I desperately want to prevent that.
[/i]

If you hear a ghostly moaning, with occasional red flashes along with blurring & "tilting" - it's a nearby controller trying to get inside your head & turn your grey matter to oatmeal, find the bastard & kill him.

White flashes with fuzzy vision is radiation exposure. move away or hit medkit hotkey. (anti-rad zappers do almost nothing in this mod - adds a little spice, & leaves you weight allowance for other "stuff". Yellow kits best for radiation, blue for bleeding, orange general purpose)

At a given time interval (30 hours gametime?) - your vision will blur, increasing in intensity. Find a safe spot (eat first), and sleep.

-hit the ready room, Stalker!! :salute:
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 13 May 2009 19:31

Well, I'm still not past Garbage. I have reinstalled the game, restarted maybe 30 times due to weird glitches (once, Fox didn't load and once he died from the dogs), and I have gotten to the Hangar and Serly several times but the heli never goes away! Once, this game, it finally did long enough for me to take out the APC (which was right at the back gate) and then it came right back. I finally made a run for the train tunnel and that is where I still am at. Two blowouts and that sucker is still here shooting at me. I have come to the point of luring the bandits into the tunnel, then taking their stuff. Plus, four snorks came in once so I got some food from them and a horror time gave me some needed zombie hands to eat. Anyway, days and days and I'm still in this tunnel. Gotta go eat a dog tail. Talk to ya later.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 13 May 2009 19:47

Chopper will not leave 'till you find/buy some heavy hitters & take it down. Wait till you hear the APCs shooting @ something else, & SPRINT to the Agro changer. :thumbright: works good!
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 13 May 2009 20:03

I figured sprinting to Agro was my only hope. Thanks fiz.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 13 May 2009 21:27

No problem. :-bd They usually start shooting at the spawning bandits coming from the machine park. Just do an "end around" to the right of them, near the bottom of the hill. Forget the road... :-ss
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby NatVac on 13 May 2009 22:32

Okay, guys:

Actually I should have made it clearer that I was reporting two things there. In the first, I didn't mind the reeling.* I minded the nausea; the reeling momentarily made it worse -- and then I could not find my precious pistol anywhere around me. Instead of using a rifle to take down the bad things moving in on me, I searched in vain for the handgun. Trust me on this: I have the ability to "see" (with a text display) any weapon on the ground within 12 meters of my location.

Fifteen seconds later, I went horizontal for good in that session.

The other item is apparently something added to blind dogs. If they get near you or bump you, you act as if under the influence of a weak psydog, with that extra tilt kick. (I was hoping you folks would note the other extra kick in my comment, but you were already hitting the reply key. /:) )

This was still the first day in Cordon, so I didn't think it was a lack of sleep, and I did eat just before it happened, but there's a lack of indication as to how full or how rested I am, except that I can't sleep if I've had enough rest.

I've fixed the sun_dir calculation spew, and the game is a LOT smoother. In the Garbage, I'm consistently getting 25-40+ FPS, usually above 30. The bad part about not getting sick :vom: is that I'm not taking the breaks I should be taking. :)

Please keep in mind that this is my first playthrough of any AMK- or Inferno- or Simbion-based mod.

Annoyances (so far):

• The ZoneMaster's ubiquitous desire to see me dead, so that I will be so grateful when I get something that takes down a heli or APC.
  • The neutral NPC propensity to get ME into trouble.
  • The instant failure of a task: "Offer Bes help" died aborning, perhaps because Mr. "They're coming" was already dead, and the dogs messed up the Yurik and the Muggers concert, so now one of the muggers is guarding the vehicle graveyard.
  • The instant spawn of Monolith all around me after I talked to Bes, the first time I attempted to claim the reward for repelling the raiders. It's not immersive because it is not realistic.
  • The lack of the same spawn on reload of previous save. ("No vengeance for YOU!" :ymdevil: )
  • "Go back! It's a trick! There's two of 'em!" And the second APC can shoot through the carcass of the first. Two lessons in two seconds, if you don't count the reload-last-save time.
  • The poor illumination of the flashlight in the dark outside.
  • The dialog noise. I usually have no idea what is being offered, or how to claim a reward for the special new quests, like the Fox medkits.
  • A heli flying into a hill, without damage. Looked cool, though.
  • The number of headshots required to take down certain mutants.
  • The spam. I'm nowhere near the scorcher, but the voices in my head don't have far to go in driving me nuts.

Loves:

• Wolf has some heavy armament.
  • The spitting sound of the silenced Groza-NT.
  • The stopping power of the Groza-NT, silenced or otherwise.
  • The sounds and appearance of the weapons in general.
  • The new guitar music.
  • The detectors, even if they do take up a belt slot.
  • The instant spawn of Monolith all around me after I talked to Bes, the first time I attempted to claim the reward for repelling the raiders. Wow, that's cool! Really bad things to fight, and weapons to fight over.
  • The lack of the same spawn on reload of previous save. Hey, it's never the same.
  • The NPC looting. Gotta beat them to the bodies...
  • Critical hits flash red. I used to hate this in other games, but I like it here.
  • The new stamina indicator. At least, I think that's what it is...
  • The teaser of goodies I can't afford yet.
  • The changes to the artifacts, values and appearances.
  • The changes to prices all over.
  • The new look in fashion, although I'm not fond of the pink bandits.
  • The faster speed of the boars. (Olé!)
  • Monsters from the id in the Cordon!
  • The random secrets option. Fox's truck stuff was to die for, in a good way for a change!

This is a really enjoyable exploration of my masochism. Excuse me while I go off to fix the "Save Mole" task...

Postby Nightwatch on 13 May 2009 22:45

Hey NatVac :mozilla_smile: It was quite fun to read your post, thanks. Very delightful read. I see the initial general symptoms of "getting-used to" stage seen from players who come from vanilla. I think Fiznerpin1962 (as a seasoned player) has provided introductions. (Thanks :salute: )
NatVac wrote: Nightwatch! Suggested blurb: "You must first survive, Marked One. Later, perhaps, you can take control of your own destiny -- if you live."
very good, thanks, I should've used it. :thumbright:
Well, this mod as you rightfully see is very very hard and very testing mod and known to be so.
It has also very unique special effects, many of which come from AMK and ABC as known, and at times tweaked at an extent.
The hardness level and the effects are the character of this mod, this is AMK.ABC.SRP mods together, they are what they are, and each of them is well-above the confines of vanilla STALKER.
I'm not aiming the mass players population. Far from it. (neither of the ingredient mods is known to be "sailing at the shores of vanilla gameplay" or trying to offer a traditional vanilla approach. They have brought very radical attitude and vision changes into the game)

This mod, as you rightfully noticed and pointed out in your previous posts, is for very hardcore players who drink bloodsucker blood for their morning tea. :mozilla_smile: So, I'm sure that you've already begun liking the taste of the bloodsucker blood in the morning.
(based on that famous line in Apocalypse Now) B-)

You are at the verge of making a decision now: either staying as a vanilla player (it offers an original character some are attached to it) or jumping to the roof of the adjoining building. B-) Mind you, life is very cheap on that roof. :D )
You liked the Firebites, too. Thanks. But they seem to not like everyone back unfortunately, heh he. :D

I had a conversation with Trojanuch some time ago, he was kind enough to explain things in great detail, but said that his work was not compatible with AMK, ABC weather dynamics. To my knowledge, I haven't heard any change in this position yet.
Yes, this mod requires a powerful PC, higher the specs, better the experience. Just like Fallout 3 and Crysis would require some beefy PCs, too.

PS: [i]Readme file is named as
:" ReadMe_simple (more= http://www.gamerspedia.net)" which advises the player to go to the website for further reading. In this day of age where companies started offering even the games online download, I wanted to follow the trend and utilize the power of the web, as you pointed out, too. :mozilla_smile:

PS 2: I just noticed while posting. You say that you've reset the sun_dir calculation. In connection with what I said in regard to AMK ABC dynamic weathers not being compatible with settings which are not also reflected -in accordance with general "dynamic weather functions"-, so please keep in mind that you may now have crashes, particularly on Blowout and Horror times and -as secondary- during dynamic weather changes. If the new setting proves to be holding, and I'd like to see it for possible implementation provided that it hasn't changed any visuals, shadows, etc, either in a negative way. Because as I said, I do not target the compatibility and support issues for lower end machines, I wouldn't see it worth 5 FPS rise on a low end machine if it hinders visuals/effects, or crashes the AMK dynamic weathers, etc.

PS 3: (these PS never stops, sorry. :mozilla_smile: ) I've heard something like you're on the Alpha Mod team now, any truth in it?

audioave10
At the start screen, on the bottom of the screen, it says the mode that you play. When you look at the line which says: "assembly NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak 3.0 April 2009" then check what it says after that. It will say whether it is Non-Horror, Full_Horror, or Extreme , etc. It says whatever mode you installed.
If you're playing any one of the non-Extreme modes, then the codes are the same as 2.4, and one of them at least, the Sniper Bunker one, is given on the Mod Website. (which will not of any use if you later play Extreme mode)

rockingmtranch
Yup, that Chopper, and a few more ones acroos the game, will not go away, sorry, buddy. :mozilla_wink: :mozilla_smile: They are the ones that Wolf has warned you about, flown by SOB pilots who do not take prisoners. x_x
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Grump642 on 13 May 2009 23:16

Came thru the AW/Bar level changer. I am almost under a farm tractor and have 19!!! someones shooting at me! Backed away from the tractor and then a truck fell on me. Game Over
http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/Grump642/Soc/ss_grumpy_05-13-09_17-03-55_l05_bar.jpg
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 13 May 2009 23:49

Wow, what an incident. But I assure you it was not my intention. :mozilla_smile: The engine may spawn things at slighly different positions at each load/reload. I remember that it had happened to you again on your 2.4 play. I can reposition one or two vehicles nearest to the Level Changer way back towards the Bar. OK.
With the optional North-Walk pack that I'll release in a week or two, I can do that, too. I'm also working on something hopefully may provide a support for spawn-delays seen in Pripyat entrance on some Multi-Core CPU PCs.

If anyone has any music to offer which should go well with the mood of the mod and current tone of the music, we can do that as well.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 14 May 2009 00:39

Nightwatch wrote:If anyone has any music to offer which should go well with the mood of the mod and current tone of the music, we can do that as well.

Oh man. Don't get me started! /:) Godsmack/Scorpions/Judas Priest/ Metallica/Megadeth/AC-DC/Dokken ok. Need to stop now. Gonna start naming songs next... #:-s

I have played games with some radical soundtracks - changes the whole experience. (One of the games that had the most impact was Prince of Persia - warrior within. Not big on third person, but it was pretty cool.)
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 14 May 2009 00:48

I'm thinking to offer a darker or moodier music pack as an option, too. Any ideas will be taken seriously as always.

It'd be nice as well if someone wants to process the files into OGG format with complatible settings. Me doing it would take additional long time.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby NatVac on 14 May 2009 01:07

Nightwatch wrote:You are at the verge of making a decision now: either staying as a vanilla player (it offers an original character some are attached to it) or jumping to the roof of the adjoining building. B-) Mind you, life is very cheap on that roof. :D )

Actually, I'll play different mods. I can't go back to vanilla unless it is based on the ZRP, and even then I'll modify it; my games have much tougher enemies (and I can make them so that a thousand bullets or 20 RPG grenades are necessary to kill them, but that's not that much fun) and parts of the player are much more vulnerable than vanilla. But every mod so far has had some stuff I cannot tolerate for long. An example is the love of mods for lots and lots of weapons. :-Q

I have ADD, and complex game management irritates me. I dislike RPGs because of all the mouse movement to do silly stuff based on arbitrary limits, like swapping out artifacts based on the current context, over and over and over.

Deviance from expected resemblance to reality is another irritant. Example: the APC carcass is cool, but it isn't really there. Some nice trees in Priboi Story 1.1 really aren't there. The NPCs "know" that, and shoot you through them. You learn that, but you still can't see the enemy.

The changes I made to all the weather files involves clamping the sun between 0 and -180 on the first sun_dir parameter. Values less than -180 probably would do okay at -180, but I'm not having trouble with them at 0. The only possible impact of this change that I expect is shorter shadows. It should not cause anything to crash. In fact, the game was complaining, and now it is not. (Even before I made the change, the sun rose in the east, but shadows were from the west on my static lighting's lightmaps.)

Let me test it some more, then I'll let you know.

I'm enjoying the game's weather. In my personal ZRP games I had lightning disabled for speed (lag might be from a sound-loading delay), but I've not seen any notable pauses yet with "The Tweak".

Nightwatch wrote:Readme file is named as:" ReadMe_simple (more= http://www.gamerspedia.net)" which advises the player to go to the website for further reading. In this day of age where companies started offering even the games online download, I wanted to follow the trend and utilize the power of the web, as you pointed out, too. :mozilla_smile:

Yes, my bad. The filename was cut off in Windows Explorer, and a quick glance for terms of interest missed the blatant website reference. But I was really looking for some local support, as my gaming box is not connected to the Internet, and my temporary Internet PC was not on at the time. Still, you could not have made it any clearer.

Nightwatch wrote:I've heard something like you're on the Alpha Mod team now, any truth in it?

That's news to me. I am not a member of any modding group. Jerks like me don't work well with others. I did say that I might release an update to Priboi Story to tweak the inventory and RMB menus, and to enable the cleanup of guns easily -- but that would be an unofficial, unsupported effort.

Having seen your mod's internals a bit, I would definitely say that modifications would be very difficult to support -- SIMBION code is severely rearranged. There are at least two different versions of "game_version()", something attributable to its heritage. I concur with your earlier observations on this.

By the way, guys: The LTX Checker is not a merging tool. It is simply a syntax checker. It probably would not have found the "visua" typo unless it has a lexicon for all STALKER objects (not likely). But it would catch a missing quote or a parameter list error.
NatVac
Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions