NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Postby Balious on 02 Oct 2008 18:14

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:Hey Nightwatch, you should look into the levitating apc buisness
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... lz&thumb=5
And no there isin't a whirlig under it

Why does this never happen to me? I even got ran over by one in dark valley as i was dealing with mutants..

Also i should start playing this again like now so i can get on the players corner with good screenies :) before im doomed to repeat myself of getting to the same place over and over and not advancing.. Which i have already done twice and not wishing a third time.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 02 Oct 2008 19:40

Balious wrote:
DARK TEMPLAR wrote:Hey Nightwatch, you should look into the levitating apc buisness
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... lz&thumb=5
And no there isin't a whirlig under it

Why does this never happen to me? I even got ran over by one in dark valley as i was dealing with mutants..

Also i should start playing this again like now so i can get on the players corner with good screenies :) before im doomed to repeat myself of getting to the same place over and over and not advancing.. Which i have already done twice and not wishing a third time.

Go on, beat the hell out of the game :thumbleft:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby busetibi on 03 Oct 2008 03:22

Nightwatch wrote:
Go on, beat the hell out of the game :thumbleft:

hell yea, :) remember Balious the harder you play the more the game throws at you
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby VINTAR on 03 Oct 2008 06:35

Well I`ve decided. Sub standard rig or not, I am downloading the game and giving it a go. :rr:
Core2Quad Q8300 2.5 @ 3.6ghz
Cooler Master Hyper TX 2 CPU cooler
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
2 GIGS Transcend DDR2 800 pc6400 @ 960
Thermaltake Tough Power 650w PSU
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
-----------------------------------
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby Wombat_70 on 03 Oct 2008 06:48

Hi

Is anybody met those dark stalkers like in newsav2.1? some of them would
drop a full auto gauss rifle, I was hoping to cross their path again in
version 2.4 but no such luck yet, when they die they drop very unique weapons which can't be bought or sold to traders.
All hope abandon ye who enter here.
May the Zone be with you.
Wombat_70

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 03 Oct 2008 06:50

Nightwatch wrote:You can try the settings on your monitor, but I guess you've already done that. Shaders are usually dark, and weather in the Zone tends to get rather gloomy most of the times, but there are occasions that sun is quite bright, so that might be even more enhanced/escalated with your settings (monitor and/or card, also in-game settings) :)
don't worry, you’ll soon have a lot of rain and thunder, and gloom. But if it continues even then, then you need to check your settings closely. :)

It's fine with vanilla and also seems to be fine in Briboi but in this, true when the rain and night come then all gets dark and gloomy but when the sun is out then it seems like someone is holding a thousand watt flashlight above my head
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 03 Oct 2008 06:53

Wombat_70 wrote:Hi

version 2.4 but no such luck yet, when they die they drop very unique weapons which can't be bought or sold to traders.

Never seen that, where exactlly did you meet them :snakeman:
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 03 Oct 2008 07:03

Wombat_70 wrote:Hi

Hi Wombat_70 nice to see you around again,if you get lucky make sure you hang onto it this time around ;)
I've seen a couple of the Dark Ones but not until I reached Pripyat, I was hoping to meet up with them on my first visit to WT but it was not to be, the dead ones I've come across in Pripyat only had the Dark Handguns,
bummer I know, but you might get lucky again :D
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 03 Oct 2008 07:12

VINTAR wrote:Well I`ve decided. Sub standard rig or not, I am downloading the game and giving it a go. :rr:

:thumbright:

and check your PM
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Wombat_70 on 03 Oct 2008 07:20

DARK TEMPLAR

I met them in Yantar, they were killing every body there, Duty's, Bandits, and
Zombies, all except me (I was a loner) for some reason they didn't bother loners, I just followed them in their killing spree and collect any weapons they
dropped when killed, weapons like dark_gauss, dark_wintorez, dark_ak's.

But that was in version 2.1, I haven't seen them in v2.4 yet
Wombat_70

Postby Wombat_70 on 03 Oct 2008 07:44

busetibi

I'm glad their back in this version of newsa, looking forward to loot their dark
bodys an get their dark weapons :snakeman:

That's to bad you only could get dark_pistols :sad1:

I've just come back from Pripyat I had a very hard time in there with a
multitude of controlers some time 4/5 of them bastards sorrounded by an
army of undeads, dwarfs and chimeras, not counting monoliths soldiers, wow
never had so much fun in any other games other than Stalker newsa.

Long lives Nightwatch
Wombat_70

Postby jarxale on 03 Oct 2008 10:13

Some funny shots I got while playing. :cyclopsani:

Predator was here ?
http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... torpt4.jpg

Another one...
http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... torki2.jpg

Probably not done with hanging of the rest...
http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jar3wthil7.jpg

Body art :tongue:
http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jar4artrc2.jpg

By the way how will it take for the npc bodies to disappear ? The game is accumulating piles of npc bodies everywhere lol.
jarxale

Postby Nightwatch on 03 Oct 2008 13:54

Welcome Wombat_70. :D Very majestic avatar, btw. I suddenly thought as if the Navy has arrived. :) :thumbleft:

VINTAR wrote:Well I`ve decided. Sub standard rig or not, I am downloading the game and giving it a go.

:thumbright: You might just like it very much :mozilla_cool:
(seen your another post, too. It's good to see that you're enjoying the game. Thanks. :) )

And so I see Dark Stalkers have gained a sort of celebrity status in the game. :) :thumbleft:
Yes they are here in 2,4 as well; but chances of meeting them changes as always, (progressive gameplay and randomness comes out of it). They move, too. But you'll see them eventually; how soon, how many, difficult to say... that's life:) :mozilla_cool:

jarxale

Good pictures, quite interesting ones. :thumbleft:
While on the subject, when you have soem dark looking pictures, you can open them with your Microsoft Picture Manager, (every Windows machine has it) and click on the "Auto Correct" button. It ususally does the job, if not enough, you can just try adjusting the lighting and contrast and colors, so on.
On one of pictures, where you see the bodies halfway through the walls, it apperas that there was an explosion inside and the engine stuffed them :) into the walls.

(bodies disappear in 12 hours game time. This is a good time, allowing other looting and piling up scripts to work.)
Particularly in some areas there are high number of bodies, the reason for this is that the activity is high and there are continuous fights and therefore deaths occuring. Particularly in Agraghom, there is almost continuous attacks from Mercs, bandits, army, and the all sorts of mutants. A bloodbath.

Later I'll give a few news on the developments on 2.4.1 patch, now I have to go out for a few minutes, will be back asap. :)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby busetibi on 03 Oct 2008 14:09

Wombat_70 wrote:
I've just come back from Pripyat I had a very hard time in there with a
multitude of controlers some time 4/5 of them bastards sorrounded by an
army of undeads, dwarfs and chimeras, not counting monoliths soldiers, wow
never had so much fun in any other games other than Stalker newsa.

Long lives Nightwatch

lol, controllers I hear you say,

http://busetibi.homestead.com/files/ss_ ... ipyat_.jpg

:thumbleft:
the screen is hot off the press so to speak, christ what a fight just to get to the school, killed the turds, saved then hard saved, then off for a smoke.
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 03 Oct 2008 14:46

Nightwatch wrote:Particularly in Agraghom, there is almost continuous attacks from Mercs, bandits, army, and the all sorts of mutants. A bloodbath.

Sounds like my kind of place. Wonder if my computer will be able to handle with the attacks.

Edit:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : Not available
[error]Function : CRender::texture_load
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrRender\Texture.cpp
[error]Line : 356
[error]Description : D3DXCreateTextureFromFileInMemoryEx ( HW.pDevice,S->pointer(),S->length(), D3DX_DEFAULT,D3DX_DEFAULT, IMG.MipLevels,0, IMG.Format, D3DPOOL_SYSTEMMEM, D3DX_DEFAULT, D3DX_DEFAULT, 0,&IMG,0, &T_sysmem )
[error]Arguments : c:\program files\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\textures\fx\fx_stalker_031.dds

stack trace:

Got this when i opened additional options during horror time in cordon.

*sighs* its like the game doesnt want me to get pass cordon after the dark valley lab.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 03 Oct 2008 15:28

I hope your PC will be OK to handle it :)

About the crash: try lowering your textures as much as possible. Grass density also, it doesn't make much diference visually, but redices performance significantly.
During Horror-Times and blowouts, try not to make changes in additional options menu. Very demanding, active times, forcing changes can strangle the process there. :)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 03 Oct 2008 16:08

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : Not available
[error]Function : TW_LoadTextureFromTexture
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrRender\Texture.cpp
[error]Line : 132
[error]Description : D3DXCreateTexture( HW.pDevice, top_width,top_height, levels_exist,0,t_dest_fmt, D3DPOOL_MANAGED,&t_dest )

stack trace:

I tried again and this time i made sure i had textures and grass on the lowest it could go. Then i got this error which looks mostly the same as the last one so i assume its about the graphics card. Got it as soon as i got pass the military checkpoint in cordon (went through the shortcut tunnel)

Guess i need a new graphics card to play this again :(. Properly also mean i can't run CS too :(.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 03 Oct 2008 21:43

Serious texture problems from your cards, maybe coupled with the CPU inefficiency as well. What's your Graphics Card, and the CPU. (Sorry if you've said it before and I missed it.)
Also may I remind you that you should be very careful about the PSU as well. If the PSU cannot provide enough juice for all the components, very serious running problems occur for all software, particularly for the games. Also damages other components as well. (Yes low power actually damages components.) That's a point need to be taken into account particularly when buying a new Graphics Card. If you go 8 series and 9 series (and above) you need at least 500W PSU with at least 2x12V rails, preferably totalling 22+amps. Just a pointer. :)

-------
EDIT:

OK I've seen your PC specs on another thread,
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, that's good.
But you have 1Gb RAM. You definitely need another 1Gb RAM.
Also NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS , unfortunately, is not a good card. 8600GT is the one to go if you won't go for 8800 series. Though, now, 8800 series and 9800 series are quite competitively priced than before.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Nightwatch on 04 Oct 2008 16:44

A couple of more things from the upcoming patch:

Some suits prices and settings changed.

And governing controls of some suits, including the NANO Suit, have been changed and connected to new scripts. Some will continue to do so and some will newly offer various "player damage repair abilites, such as bleeding, etc." (not to be confused with immunity and protection levels)

For example, NANO Suit will offer different levels of self-calculating repair abilities, among a few other suits. But it will also give some slight side effects as well.

(therefore no values should be changed, because the game can crash due to miscalculations, as I always say : )

FN2000NW SPX's radiation effect on the player is reduced and now it gives additional endurance power to the player when it's drawn and carried in hand.

(in addition to many secondary level reworkings, a few more things about the gameplay dynamics to be announced later) :)
Last edited by Nightwatch on 04 Oct 2008 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions