NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby Kaidonni on 04 Apr 2009 15:18

Nope, no crack or illegal stuff here. One day, I found I just didn't need the disk to play, just to install. Surprised me because I went to open the DVD drive to remove the game and...it wasn't there. I'd forgotten to put it in. Didn't even realise.
Kaidonni
Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 04 Apr 2009 15:24

I found that out the same way. Don't need the disk.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 04 Apr 2009 15:27

busetibi wrote:very nice Nightwatch =D>
not long now aye \:d/ :-ss

Thanks :mozilla_smile: Yup, turning the corner at high speed. Starting the set up tomorrow. Got one day rest :-" after the Web work.
Wombat_70 wrote:I am also humbly honored :ymblushing:

Great website you've got there nightwatch :-bd

Thank you again for the hard work on all the newsa versions :salute:

Thanks, I appreciate really :D

jamie1992 wrote:Ah sweet site Nightwatch, typical, that when you release i will be at a Lan Party, but i might still be able to get a copy. :P
And i feel hounered (SP?) for the credits in your mod. :thumbright:

Thanks, you're welcome :D (have good success on your LAN party, too)

Balious wrote:Great site Nightwatch! wow im being thanked for support :mozilla_surprised: :D ..
...I am greatly honoured to play this mod.
Now if only there was a custom stalker of jamie to kill for calling me a failure... and also killing my char on jagged alliance 2...
Just kidding :D

Thanks, and he he.. wonder what jamie would say :D
Also thanks for pointing the ACP thing. What? :-" I must've sneezed at that time :cough: Will correct it right away.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Kaidonni on 04 Apr 2009 16:02

Well, my main intention was just to have fun on 2.4 in the meantime, but I am nervous about that CTD error. At the end of the day, I may just have to live with it and save often enough. It isn't exactly game-breaking, saves are not corrupted by it. Maybe I'm just scaring myself too much with all this talk about the CTD. Mind you, seeing as how I haven't even tried it with the new installation yet. You never know, may have fixed it. I'll just play OL 2.2 for now, otherwise CTD or no CTD, I could ruin my anticipation of V3.0. I might even have to play for a while to see if the CTD occurs, it might not, and then on Friday...LOL! Randomness wins again B-(. Well, this upcoming Friday is definitely going to be Good. Amazing, in fact.

PS: Hopefully the next Friday is the same, when I take my driving test... :-ss
Kaidonni
Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 04 Apr 2009 16:18

Nightwatch wrote:
Balious wrote:Great site Nightwatch! wow im being thanked for support :mozilla_surprised: :D ..
...I am greatly honoured to play this mod.
Now if only there was a custom stalker of jamie to kill for calling me a failure... and also killing my char on jagged alliance 2...
Just kidding :D

Thanks, and he he.. wonder what jamie would say :D

I would say. DO IT! make us all, so then i can shoot bal in the face. XD
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Kaidonni on 04 Apr 2009 16:43

Well, if you created a character for me, he'd have to be named Martial. I use that as my name in Unreal Tournament 2004 - the only game I have played for five years whole years, since it was released all that time ago, in February/March 2004 :-bd.
Kaidonni
Resident

Postby EggChen on 04 Apr 2009 18:54

NW - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j14gtmjzjr5

Cleaned the audio up a bit and saved 6 different volumes, let me know if you need anything else.
EggChen

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 04 Apr 2009 19:46

I think it's 1.0001>1.0004..... somebody correct me If I am off base. #-o
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 04 Apr 2009 22:49

My original patches were 1.0001-1.0003-1.0004 but their may be
a site that had a cumulative patch 1.0004. You might want to check the patch sizes to make sure.
If you install all 3 patches, you should be good anyway.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby NatVac on 04 Apr 2009 23:20

Great-looking site indeed. I may have to install Flash again. It's hard to believe that this is all done by one person, an obviously replete modmaker. I'm triply honored, Nightwatch. And I know my wife awaits with an inflated-ego-popping pin as soon as I leave the study -- she either has a keen sense of these things or I hide "smug" poorly. B-(

I think that if 1) you are starting a new game, and 2) the patch is a cumulative one (bigger than 10 MB), then one patch is all you need, fiznerpin1962 (et alia). You definitely need the patches in succession to migrate save games (with intervening loads/saves after each patch is applied), as each patch is dependent on the previous patch save to properly update it.

What audioave10 said (and busetibi hinted) about installing all three patches applies in all cases, so it is the typical solution.

However, a caveat: If you have installed any mod that modifies anything outside the gamedata subdirectory, you should uninstall, delete the game's directories, and then re-install the game before patching.

And if you are just downgrading 1.0005 or 1.0006 to 1.0004, be sure to delete the gamedata.dbc file, as the uninstall may not do it and 1.0004 will try to use it if it exists and fail in the attempt.

On the pos.word_1.exist() error, Kaidonni: What language are you using for the game? I think the game is searching for an XML entry that may be empty or non-existent on an inventory item. Or there is something that is corrupted on the original DVD.
NatVac
Resident

Postby Ultradad on 04 Apr 2009 23:21

audioave10 wrote:My original patches were 1.0001-1.0003-1.0004 but their may be
a site that had a cumulative patch 1.0004. You might want to check the patch sizes to make sure.
If you install all 3 patches, you should be good anyway.

Hello there :thumbright:

Thanks for the tip on patching audioave10 :thumbright: , i have just usualy installed patch 1.004 and left it at that. As i am playing that super mod posted on this forum and needed the 1.005 patch installed while i waited for V3 to come out i will repatch the clean install of stalker like you said :salute:
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 05 Apr 2009 04:56

Nightwatch...I have a serious complaint...I had decided to use
my platinum Visa Card and upgrade whateverthehelliwanted.
I haven't used a credit card in 15 years. Now, you say another
10 days to wait for Newsa 3.0 - do you realize how much money
a hardware ho like me can spend in 10 days? By the way, I'm
looking at a new Samsung 23" monitor as I type this and have the new video card on the way...with 9 days to go! (1920x1080
looks nice with Inferno - and new mousepad too) I'm sure after
I'm finished harrasing you, i'll get back on Newegg and look some more. I hope you loose 10 seconds of sleep because of me!

"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Kaidonni on 05 Apr 2009 13:08

Well, I went right to 1.0004 from installation, and now I have checked online the sizes of the files. 1.0003 (5.05MB) is larger than 1.0001 (3.87MB), and 1.0004 (14.61) is almost three times the size of 1.0003. 1.0005 (29.46MB) is just over twice the size of 1.0004. This is according to Filefront, for the US versions. Oh, and that answers NatVac's question - I use the US version of the game. I was playing OL 2.2 last night anyway, and didn't seem to experience any issues, so I hope I'm in the clear. Just getting mixed messages on the patching issue...

NatVac: The CTD that I had with Newsa+Simbion v2.4 seemed to not always happen, and if I reloaded the game, I could check the same body it CTD'd on and be just fine, and later get it on another body (dead NPCs - I don't think mutants had the same issue, if I recall correctly). Soak, rinse and repeat. To my knowledge this has not happened for me with any other mod whatsoever - unless any of my small number of CTDs elsewhere have been because of it (and the error logs for those times are gone...talking September-November last year, OL 2.2), although they were not on dead bodies at all.

Edit: If it makes any different, the Patch-any-4.txt that lists the changesm for 1.0004 seems to list 1.0003 and 1.0001 also, so I suspect it was an all-in-one patch. Yes, I do get a bit obsessive about these sorts of things, but I do suffer from OCD. It can be useful...sometimes.
Kaidonni
Resident

Postby busetibi on 05 Apr 2009 13:25

ACKKKKKKKKK, stupid stupid me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaidonni did you notice if the dead NPC you searched then CTD'd were called Hunters?
I remember playing v2.4 and if you searched a dead "Hunter" NPC it would cause a crash.
I think it was mentioned in v2.4 readme but I could be wrong
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Kaidonni on 05 Apr 2009 13:59

Nope, because I have a habit of hanging around Cordon in the early game, to savour the moment, I only really had it on Military and Bandits. Not sure if it would happen on Loners.
Kaidonni
Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 05 Apr 2009 14:14

As i said ages ago, its a random crash, i used to get the exact same thing, and again as i said before about the patch, you can go straight to V1.0004 as it includes all before it, and again, as i said before, you can reload and just move on doing what you was doing.
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 05 Apr 2009 17:21

jamie1992 wrote:As i said ages ago, its a random crash, i used to get the exact same thing, and again as i said before about the patch, you can go straight to V1.0004 as it includes all before it, and again, as i said before, you can reload and just move on doing what you was doing.

Before when? Page 4? 44? 54? (get it?) ;)
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby NatVac on 05 Apr 2009 17:52

One can get a random crash when searching a dead body if there's an inventory item that is not properly defined. This is because inventory is randomly created for an NPC when he dies, aside from his weapons. But if you are saving the game after an NPC dies but before you attempt to search him, Kaidonni, that particular kind of crash should be repeatable.

--Unless it is a nil item, and reloading the save removes it from the body. Of interest to me is that the AIPack includes a line in the keep_items() function in death_manager.script to protect against nil items. Adding it might prevent this crash:
Code: Select all
function keep_item(npc, item)
    if item==nil or alife():object(item:id())==nil then return end
    local section = item:section()

Kaidonni wrote:Edit: If it makes any different, the Patch-any-4.txt that lists the changesm for 1.0004 seems to list 1.0003 and 1.0001 also, so I suspect it was an all-in-one patch. Yes, I do get a bit obsessive about these sorts of things, but I do suffer from OCD. It can be useful...sometimes.

The fact that the 1.0004 patch is cumulative is what I meant in the second paragraph of my previous post.* I then suggested the longer upgrade path for simplicity; folks follow simple consistency more easily than a complex decision tree. It doesn't hurt to patch in order, and it helps if you are going to use an already existing saved game.

I also get obsessive, and that makes for long posts. Consequently even the non-TL;DR folks (and there are a few) will miss my intent.

And I know my wife awaits with an inflated-ego-popping pin as soon as I leave the study -- either she has a keen sense of these things or I hide "smug" poorly. B-(

And if you are just downgrading 1.0005 or 1.0006 to 1.0004, be sure to delete the gamedata.dbc file, as the uninstall may not do it and 1.0004 will try to use it if it exists and it will fail in the attempt.
NatVac
Resident

Postby Kaidonni on 05 Apr 2009 19:09

Nope, it was never repeatable. Once it happened at the abandoned factory, and the Bandit I dropped and had the CTD on, when I reloaded, I could check safely. I believe I had dropped him before I saved, can't remember off of the top of my head. Earlier on, though, I'd also dropped a bunch of Military, and hey presto, one of them gave me a CTD on searching them. But I reloaded the game, dropped them all again, and it didn't happen - although that was before the event, before the kill, so that probably impacts upon it greatly. I'll keep the quote you made in mind, and when I play V3.0, I will probably add it into the necessary file just to be safe.

EDIT: Hmmm, this is interesting. I checked the death_manager.script for OL 2.2 and the line is there, but for Newsa+Simbion 2.4, it isn't.
Kaidonni
Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions