NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby EggChen on 11 Apr 2009 22:05

Yep, you only have two icon files with mipmaps, the equipment icons and the pda, both display weird when you don't run the game on full texture quality. I resaved these two icon files without mipmaps and both problems are cured. I'm not sure about the lod thing, did not try it.

Anyway, I have the files I can upload, or you could resave them, its easily done.

It seems the basic rule of thumb is give everything a mipmap, except icon files!!

Back to the game, I wasted the first bloodsucker I came across, but the first firebite got me. I'm giving up on this PC for now, it is just too jerky to get any clean hits on fast moving targets ](*,)

Edit: Don't have access to my mail right now buddy, but yes, you need to resave without mipmaps. Do the pda as well while your at it.

Oh and a little confession, that chopper was stationary... I was hiding from him and noticed the sound had stopped moving around, so went for a peak... he was just sat there while I took out his tail rotor.... I'm counting that as a kill though :rock:
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 11 Apr 2009 22:08

EggChen check your email buddy. :mozilla_smile: And thanks for the info. That I didn;t know. I can say it. lol. So, I've now saved the PDA file as well without mipmaps and both of of them are being uploaded. It'll take a few minutesd, with the note everything in it. Thank you very much. You're great. :thumbright:

-------------

edit:

OK everybody,

Please DO NOT try Lod thing. EggChen found the solution. PDA and icon file swithout mipmaps are on their way to server. Bear with us now.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby EggChen on 11 Apr 2009 22:17

No worries, we seem to keep missing posts!!

I think what it was doing is displaying grid x1 y2 for example, but because the game had loaded in a mipmap of the icons, that location was no longer the same visual. The mipmaps compress everything into the upper left hand corner of the texture, so that the 2048x2048 texture would now occupy a 1024x1024 texture "space". I bet once people got the later weapons that occupied the far right of the texture, they would have only seen empty space. It's why the numbers of items (e.g 100 bullets) displayed correctly, just the visual was out.

Anyway, I have tested it at a few different resolutions and texture quality settings, saving without mipmaps has solved it.
EggChen

Postby Ultradad on 11 Apr 2009 22:25

Hello there :thumbright:

Wow what a day on this great mod =D> , realy had to go old school and pull every trick in the book i had learnt :salute: . My goal for the day was get past the bridge and i got past it and got spanked by some dam bandits on the other side :D, but it took me most of the day =))

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/Justoutofvillageforfirsttasklol.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/tryingtonukemefromorbit.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/Everyoneisbonkers.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/iwillgettothedambridge.jpg

Here i am after getting myself all geared up for a run to the bridge area :-J

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/readyformyruntothebridge.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/stilltryingtogetpastthebridge.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/Lolandnowherenearthebridgeyet.jpg

Well i had a great day and learning fast, this gonna be a uphill struggle thats for sure, gonna chill out and watch a film or 2 then gonna give this awsome mod some hell :))
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 11 Apr 2009 22:29

Thanks EggChen, it's fortunate (actually I am ) that you know these stuff very well. :thumbright: They are on their way, uploading.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby busetibi on 11 Apr 2009 22:36

thanks guys :thumbright:
lol, I've been dodging that second chopper all night,damn thing keeps shadowing me but I'm keeping ahead of it and hiding like a girl a lot, mod is living up to all that I expected and MORE!!!
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 11 Apr 2009 22:53

I'M GOING IN!!!
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 11 Apr 2009 22:56

Hey Guys,

Thanks to :thumbright: EggChen we've solved the inventory display problem that some of the guys having. It was being caused by the High Textures/Mipmaps that I saved the files with.

I have now run those files (ui_icon_equipment and ui-pda) without mipmaps, and as EggChen tested the same versions of them, they should heal the matter.

If you do not have such problem and running the game at High/High-Mid resolutions, you do NOT need this help file.
It's named as: Mid_Res.PC_InventoryHelp and available for download from the usual link as you know. (through the mod website, in my NEWSA download folder)

For quick link: http://files.filefront.com/Mid+ResPC+In ... einfo.html

Thanks EggChen :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Grump642 on 11 Apr 2009 23:03

DL'ing now. Guess I'm late to the party. Filefront is letting me have 4 streams, so I'm pulling @250KB/s. I liked all the pictures of half-naked women all around the download button!!
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 11 Apr 2009 23:08

just applied the patch, works a treat and my old named saves work :)
so I dont have to restart :-bd
Thanks guys =D>
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 11 Apr 2009 23:19

Great pictures Ultradad, and I'm happy to hear that you like what the mod throws at you. :thumbright:

Thanks busetibi, seems you're content with the damage it inflicts, too, great. :thumbright:
PS: download the Mid_ResPCHelp File from the mod's download place. It'll cure your problem, Thanks to EggChen.

By the way, Great pictures from EggChen, too. I've never managed to bring down a chopper with a shotgun. :mozilla_surprised: :mozilla_smile:

rockingmtranch seems very determined and and in the right mood. Bloodshed will increase in the Zone. C'mon buddy, show them!! :D

Great, busetibi that the new non-mipmap files worked. :thumbright:

Welcome to the party Grump642 . :thumbright:
New owners of Filefront do a lot to take away the boredom of downloads as it seems, lol :D
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 11 Apr 2009 23:49

Downloading the fix as I speak (Finished downloading). Once thats done then its time to kick some mutant ass. My fingers will all be ready for the action. My little finger on the left films(screenshots) the action while the rest do the action. Prepare yourselves for alot of death. Mine or theirs there be plenty of it. And if people are wondering what my screenshot key is its Z as I think I said way earlier in this thread somewhere.

Anyway enough talking more action on my behalf.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 12 Apr 2009 00:12

Downloaded this morning. Waiting for evening when there will be NO interruptions. #-o Havta go extreme, I'm sure. I am starting from scratch though - unlike some ( b u s e t i b i ) people. :-"
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 12 Apr 2009 00:18

I dont know if im cursed with some games but I do feel like I am with this one.

After entering rookie village and speaking to Wolf it crashes just as I click on I try (to end the conversation I think it is). It doesnt generate a log or anything. I was thinking of re-downloading and reinstall to see if that fixes it but I want to know what you lot think of this. And I tried it twice. After first time I restarted comp and seeing if it was just some rare bug but it apperantly isn't unless im just very unlucky.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 12 Apr 2009 00:28

fiznerpin1962, you sure seem to like to create the atmospheric environment around when playing STALKER, and this mod, way to go. :thumbright:

Balious, we would like to see many pictures following your quest in the zone, action filled they will all be, I'm sure. :mozilla_smile:

About your crash when you speak with Wolf after return from Nimble. Hmm.. Your specs as I remember are not quite high, it could be a memory issue, and that at that point PC has had enough, possibly. (that of course if you haven't touched any files, but I wouldn't think so anyway) So, try lowering your textures, do it quite low, as low as possible, turn to static lighting as well. Cut all other processes and programs, get ourt of internet and then shut down your AV, then see if it helps. Are you on Vista? You could also activate over 3Gb vitual mem switch, if on Vista. I can't advise on doing this on XP anymore, for unfortunately I forgot so many things about XP in two years.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 12 Apr 2009 02:01

NightwatchYour right they not that high but will cope as it can still run most games that come out. Lowering the textures seem to of fixed this issue. And no Im on XP as I dont trust Vista (plus I dont have the memory for it)

Okay so far so good. I got a few good things to say after a quick go. I also have pictures to back up as you lot like to see these things (although not quite got the action as you want). I will post most of these pictures as part 1 tomorrow. Then I will begin playing again followed by part 2.

A few things I gotta say here that I cant say tomorrow. The question Sid gives you about finding an artifact (Night star or whatever it is) I found one by pure random chance floating around. I picked it up and the quest updated to tell me to take it back to Sid. I go to him yet theres no signs of trying to complete it. And when I open my stashes the artifact doesnt appear in my inventory but opening the inventory makes it appear (I have pictures of this). Any news on this? Also noticed he says a few russian things at the beginning of this quest (accepting it I think) although it doesnt matter as nothing can be perfect (well this mod to me is perfect anyway).

The second (and last I think) thing is about a certain helicopter (maybe the same one that EggChen killed?). As soon as the two copters have done their little chat when you see Tolik I didn't notice at first but one of them stayed and I wasnt quite sure if its trying to kill me or help me. Im fighting mutants and it suddenly starts firing and the mutants are there dead. I quickly run for cover incase it comes after me but it flys away. The second time it kills the mutants by me again and just like the first time was too close for my liking so I hid and it yet again goes away. The third time I saw it patroling so I quickly hid and it flew past. Now these moments have me wondering if its actually the same one but it has right now not killed me once which im shocked about as at least once a copter kills me (apart from the ones in yantar I think in 2.4). I have a few pictures of it. Its my game and I normally like to make up random things for the events I see but this one im confused if its friendly, neutral or an enemy but sucks at being one. Perhaps this mystery can be solved tomorrow in part 2 :-w

On other news the Anomoly has stole my kill X( I worked hard on injuring that Izlom for it to die right infront of me by running into an anomoly... If only I could hurt them.

And now finally before I go a question. What are the chances of a Flesh being on its own?

My next post hopefully will contain my pictures of action, WTF, confused, funny (maybe?) and death. Stay tuned for each of these :D
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 12 Apr 2009 03:14

Thanks for the update Balious, and glad to hear that lowering your textures helped you continuing with the game. :thumbright:

If I understood right, the things should be like this, and they do go like this: When you are speaking with Sid at the beginning of the game in his basement, you are asked to find an artifact as well. On the menu, the dialog comes in English and once you click on accepting the quest, the screen prompt says "Find the artifact" in English. No Russian. That prompt was like that (Russian) in version2.0 only. Have you fully cleaned your gamedata folder? (but maybe I understood the question wrong)
Please try reducing your textures a bit more, grass density: to the lowest (on 1/4 bar), distance: at least half, others, too. You'd be better off in Static Light I believe, if you haven't tried it, all that should solve your inventory apperance glitches.

About the choppers: Yes the second one that comes around Tolik's spot, that was not present in 2.4 (and below), is hostile. And it's amazing that how lucky you are that it killed all the mutants around you while firing at you, lol. Yes, it was firing at you. :D Next time hide well.

You ask: "What are the chances of a Flesh being on its own?" Well, let me answer with a question: "What are the chances are finding a 20 quit on the pavement?"
You may find them both as you wish, but when? Who knows? That's the living AI in the game. :mozilla_smile:
Good gaming. B-)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Grump642 on 12 Apr 2009 04:04

Well, almost finished in Cordon. Will go around and kill a few more bandits before moving on. Equipted pretty well so far. I noticed a few more choppers, shot one with ak74 and it ran away! Chicken! Whoop!Whoop! http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/Grump642/Soc/ss_grumpy_04-11-09_21-41-31_l01_esc.jpg
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 12 Apr 2009 04:21

Well....I can't find Newsa on Filefront. No individual files are listed except
on one page and it doesn't have Newsa 3.0. I didn't find anything but 2.0
from Google. WTH? I must be missing something somewhere. Link?
#-o
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions