NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby busetibi on 19 Feb 2009 23:13

excellent screens Ultradad :thumbright: it's great to see someone else get into the mass spawning Controllers, nice selection of artifacts you're carrying as well.
you seem to have a great game rolling. wd, I tip my hat to you =D>

dont forget to add your screens/stories in the "Journal from the Zone" section.
as this thread moves fairly quickly and will increase after v3 is released it's a good idea to keep your screens easily found/accessible
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 19 Feb 2009 23:42

Thanks Nightwatch, no rush, so after you release v3!!

Yep, I think it is the .thm stuff, I really am a novice at the 3d stuff. If I remember rightly it is in .obj format or something in the level_editor, but I have to admit I never looked at the actor_editor. Would actor_editor be for the live APCs?? The reason I ask is I was trying to convert one of the static APCs found in levels into an OGF file. The static model is different with some panels removed and wheels twisted out of shape. I think the gun is also missing.

I think if it could be done, spawning one of these with appropriate texture on death of a live APC would look great. Of course if you succeed and I can texture the thing, you can put it in any patch to v3.
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 20 Feb 2009 00:30

Another set of great screenhots Ultradad :thumbright: many of them were saved to be put onto Players Corner later, after the release (because it takes many hours of work) so everybody's pics are waiting to be posted there.

About blow outs: have checked that on the main menu "blow out waves" are turned on? They are random, alright, some game will have more some less, but until now, you should've received one or two at the least.

I checked your Stalker log, everything seems alright, nicely loaded. DV and AW areas are always problematic from vanilla due to the wider sizes of those areas and when more stuff (than vanilla) come into the equation, processing powers are affected. There is also a poor management system of XRay which does not help particularly in such situations. You may try quitting the game, restarting your PC, trying to free the RAM, you may feel an improvement there.
Also PSU's role is very important particularly in such areas when more resources are called. If you PSU is not comfortably feeding your Video Card and other components, frame drops and stutter can be more evident. :mozilla_smile:

-------------

EggChen

As far as I could see in one day of SDK use (now getting into the second day, but I'm not using it today) only the Actor Editor sees the "object" file. When you output a file from, say, MAYA in "skeletal-object" format, the Level_Editor would not see it, won't load it. It's what I saw. I loaded the APC that I made in MAYA (skeletal object) into the Actor Editor and exported it to OGF format there (file/export).

I used the normal in-game btr that fires at you to transform into a deformed shape in MAYA, then exported it as of skeletal object and then on Actor Editor exported it again, this time, to OGF format. Then it's what you see in the picture. Now I've made amuch better looking (better damaged) APC which is cracked, bent, weapon twisted, and all other parts. I was going to post the picture but media fire is not functioning well, in a few hours I can post the picture. So, I don't need to offer it later with a patch, it's already been done and already in the game, in version 3.0 :mozilla_smile:

PS: I've already managed to paint the cracked, squeezed, twisted APC with burnt out textures, but it doesn't look quite the way I intended then, because all the darkened surface this time conceals the artistic :cough: :mozilla_smile: lines from being visible, which makes the APC appear very damaged indeed.
I had embedded some continuous smouldering effects, but as SDK (and Xray) has not discovered those high-tech effects yet ( :mozilla_wink: )they couldn't pass though. But this is quite perfect still.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby EggChen on 20 Feb 2009 01:38

OK, I see what you did...

Sorry to be a pain, ignore the request if it is a problem!!

What I was after was the level object (obj) file exported into ogf, now if I understand you correctly it may have to be exported into maya, then a bone added, and converted to ogf. As it appears like a beat up APC already it could be a nice effect. Next time your in game, check out a fixed APC like the one near the exit to Cordon, you'll see what I mean by the difference with a "live" APC.

Anyway, don't waste any time on it until v3 is out, (of course if it is possible at all).
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 20 Feb 2009 02:00

I'll do it for you as soon as possible. :)
I haven't tried an SDK object file (from its library) to export it to OGF, but through the Actor editor it should be doable I guess.

For anyone else who want to transform/convert an OBJECT file into OGF, it goes like this:

I worked through MAYA. When it's exported as skeletal-object the material keeps its bones, as much as I could see. (but bardak's plug-in into the MAYA needs to be installed for it to load an OGF file first.)

OGF-->into MAYA, work on it, then -->skeletal object (from MAYA)-->then-->into SDK-Actor_Editor, then (You can't do any work on it there), export it-->OGF, then into the game.

I have used a perfectly alright (and firing) APC then crashed it, so that I could control the way how it should look in my vision, as far as I could pull it up of course.

OK GUYS, THIS IS THE NEW MISSILE DAMAGED APC. CHECK THE CRASHED, TWISTED BODY WITH TEARS AND HOLES ON IT!
Molten tires, molten headlights, broken/meolten machin egun, crushed turret,...etc...

NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 20 Feb 2009 02:26

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :thumbright: I'm not going to recognize STALKER anymore am I? :-bd
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby busetibi on 20 Feb 2009 02:43

love ya work guys =D>
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 20 Feb 2009 03:05

Thanks busetibi and rockingmtranch :mozilla_smile:

Second try came out better, didn't it? This time I worked on this APC more than two hours, that's only on MAYA.

Now I also added some burned out corpses and body pieces under the APC and scattered around it, too.
I loosened the bones, so that after the explosion and the fire, you can enter the cargo section (picture in the back page, but the APC is this new one from outside view) and inspect the inside.

---As far as I can see, GCS had plans to make the APCs more useable by the military, and enabling possibly the NPCs (and maybe actor, too) to get inside it, inside the cargo section, and jump out of it in the game. Then, maybe they abandoned it, because there are still seating plan inside.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby audioave10 on 20 Feb 2009 06:58

Looks Great...Nightwatch.
and...Ultradad....I can hear the loudspeakers when you enter a town:
"There is a Murderer in the vicinity...Kill the Murderer imediately"! :ymdevil:
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 21 Feb 2009 01:37

Yeah, Ulradad seems to have got himself a steam-roller going in the game.
-------
I made the damaged APC's skin (after the hit) look more beaten up. So it's the end of this project now. I'm racing towards the relase of the mod. PDA got some touches as well.

Btw, although it has been mentioned here before, I want to thank EggChen for his great idea again, for he was the one who suggested that it would be a good idea to be able to turn the APC into a blown up/damaged one, instead of the (vanilla way of) having a couple of car tires left behind.
:thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Grump642 on 21 Feb 2009 02:20

Playing 2.4 while I wait. :-" Just got stuck in a room with a circle of blue lights. ](*,) There IS a way out, right?!?! Just yes or no, please.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 21 Feb 2009 02:22

if yoir where i think u are thn yes.
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 21 Feb 2009 02:29

Thanks, I shall get right on it.
OK, I give up. I can blow open the door I came in, but then I can't get back in the room. And I can't get thru the locked door. ](*,) Hint!!
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby NatVac on 21 Feb 2009 06:44

Grump642, that's a waste of electricity.

You should make it a waste of something else. :P
NatVac
Resident

Postby busetibi on 21 Feb 2009 09:36

how you going Grump642?
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 21 Feb 2009 12:10

Grump642 wrote:Thanks, I shall get right on it.
OK, I give up. I can blow open the door I came in, but then I can't get back in the room. And I can't get thru the locked door. ](*,) Hint!!

Dude. I don't know about you, but funny blue lights bug the shit out of me - I would be inclined to want them gone. I might even be inclined to want to shoot at 'em..... :-?
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 21 Feb 2009 13:00

Hello there :-bd

I have hit a bit of a wall in prypat, i keep getting this error and crashing to desktop

[error]Expression : no_assert
[error]Function : CXML_IdToIndex<class CSpecificCharacter>::GetById
[error]File : e:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrgame\xml_str_id_loader.h
[error]Line : 112
[error]Description : item not found, id
[error]Arguments : gar_bandit_war_2_zombi

Not sure what the problem is but any help would be grateful :ymdevil:
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 21 Feb 2009 13:17

I hate to ask....
you haven't tried to merge any other mod/files with NEWSA have you?
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 21 Feb 2009 14:23

Yup, it looks like a merge done there, or an unintended damage to an xml file, a string id cannot be read, maybe it's not added, closed properly or the required string ID does not actually correspond in the relevant file, in your xml files.
Cure: run your set up again, choosing the same option, it'll take about a minute and won't harm your ongoing game. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions