NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Postby Elijah on 21 Sep 2008 13:34

I love this mod, but everytime I try to get close to the barman, always after the control point in the bar zone, it crashes! I'm using an unmodified nightwatch version 2.4 on 1.004 patch (I just modified actor and stalkers damage received, so it's more realistic).

The log is the following:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 73
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ...shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_logic.script:935: bad argument #1 to 'gfind' (string expected, got nil)
Elijah

Postby Draakon on 21 Sep 2008 14:48

@NatVac

It seems that S.T.A.L.K.E.R modding community doesn't use this line: "We don't support any bugs, crashes etc. with this mod if it happens to be running with another".

Using that line under Tech Support posts or where ever it is, should remove people that still insist that its Mods A fault not bad merger of Mods B and C or whatever. If they still do complain, ignore or lead them to that line and if still no effect. Call the mods.

@Nightwatch

You could however had split those posts into new thread. And i don't think Nandersen did ask help, he may have reported a bug that people should stay away.

@Nandersen

If you still like to share your tweaked inventory, make a new thread ;)
Draakon

Postby nandersen on 21 Sep 2008 16:58

OK folks... I decided to follow Nightwatch's advice and uninstalled this mod - at least for now.
Nightwatch is right; there's no reason to voluntarily subject myself to the horrors of random CTDs, unloadable savedgames and quests that can't be completed :P
This is a very cool mod so I will definitely try it again once a new version is out.

Draakon, sorry, but I'd be provoking Nightwatch bigtime by making such a thread :blackeye:
nandersen
Senior Resident

Postby Lee28 on 21 Sep 2008 23:09

fatrap wrote:I remember Lee28, rockingmtranch, spelk, Nightwatch and many others pulling their hair out to get it up and going.... it was pretty rough.

Hi Guys

Fatrap, Man you are so right at first the simbion mod was a bloody nightmare to get working but in the end we made brilliant progress.

Its a shame the normal Abc Amk Srp mod has disapeared off the forum, but thats a conversation for another time.

I have moved on.

I dont post much these days on any forum. Im to busy playing stalker mods but I realy hope you guys calm down.

The GSC forum is constantly ruined by stupid arguments....shame if this forum was to have the same thing.

Sorry for going off topic, cya later

lee28
Lee28
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 21 Sep 2008 23:38

Thanks NatVac for your very informative in-depth post that sheds light on many vital issues. :thumbright: It was a highly interesting reading for me, and I'm sure it'll remain to be one of the most crucial articles in this respect.

-----------------
(Then, as I see, I also should mention of "reloading of the save during mission" situation in regard to Kruglov/Semonov and that if they reload during the mission, they should still shoot the scientist, until a further patch expands the effect of the fix.)

Thanks fatrap you have raised very valid and useful points, a very interesting reading material. It will surely be seen as one of the vital reference materials on this subject. :thumbright:

Elijah welcome to the forum. :happy11:

the problem that you encountered has been experienced by a couple of other players as well, which -on some documented cases- was tracked down to certain AMD CPU management issues (our GSC forum thread page 99)and also to ATI 1950 pro Graphics cards (GSC same thread page 109). There was a fix on that matter, but not 100 % effective on all systems, please read pages there 66, 67, 72 and 75. Not the whole pages, nothing to worry about, you'll see the relevant posts.

I don't know your system, and therefore I can't say is it one of those is being affected. however, if you can't make it work after the tips and fixes offered on those relevant posts, then you can jump over the dog fence that is right of you, into the Bar area and work your way around the zone through the Level exchangers. You will have them all -there are many more of them than we have in vanilla- after you've completed Yantar mission. I hope you can make it work or you can enter jumping over the fence.
There was a very good map drawn by jamie1992, if I can find it among the posts, I'll edit this post and add the link to that map. :)

nandersen

I'm sorry that this mod did not work for you. And I appreciate your continuing interest in playing this mod at a later time. You are welcome to play the mod when you feel that you will get enjoyment out of it as a player.
When you do so, (this part is also for everybody) please do not change anything at all in it, no matter you are a talented coder, this mod is very complicated and even things that may be so simple in vanilla or in any other mod will -quite probably- not work in this mod. Many things look at each other, even a simple change, will affect other things that closely monitor those values.
This is something like: a medicine that works for one patient will possibly kill another patient. And a Ferrari mechanic may not necessarily be as successful when he's faced with a truck.

----------
Secondly, I appreciate ideas and proposals. I always take those ideas into consideration and value them as you know.
ZRP's fixes and EggChen's Particle Enhancement mod elements have recently been added (2.4) with full gratitudes and acknowledgements. EggChen himself created and applied some highly developed (unique) effects for this mod, as you would see in the very visible acknowledgements parts of the Website and the on the Mod Documentations.

I always take quality work into account as you know and if they fit into the profile of the mod technically and/or its vision-wise, they can be implemented. An in that case, all credits with gratitude are always given. Any patch will always be issued by the modder and through the mod's website.

Now let's get back to playing the game. This is just one of the many mods out there which attempts to offer a different walk in the Zone. All those mods need to be tried and played, and this mod is playable only as long as any player continues to have fun from it.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby busetibi on 22 Sep 2008 14:50

you know, I've had this nagging feeling that something wasn't right, no biggie but It struck me tonight,
no one's dropping ammo.(I'm in Pripyat for the fourth time after Stancia 2)
I killed a shit load of Monolith,Military,Bandits and a few of them had 20 .45 hydro shock rounds yet they were carrying H&K 636K and Z-M LR300, most of them carry med kits (which I dont need) and grenades (of all things) but no ammo for the weapons they're carrying
like I said it's no biggie as I sold everything(even my amk weapon repair thingyyyy) to get my weight down so I could stock up on ammo.
yea, weird.
btw Nightwatch can you believe 116 Bwahahahahah
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 22 Sep 2008 15:58

busetibi wrote:you know, I've had this nagging feeling that something wasn't right, no biggie but It struck me tonight,
no one's dropping ammo.(I'm in Pripyat for the fourth time after Stancia 2)
I killed a shit load of Monolith,Military,Bandits and a few of them had 20 .45 hydro shock rounds yet they were carrying H&K 636K and Z-M LR300, most of them carry med kits (which I dont need) and grenades (of all things) but no ammo for the weapons they're carrying
like I said it's no biggie as I sold everything(even my amk weapon repair thingyyyy) to get my weight down so I could stock up on ammo.
yea, weird.
btw Nightwatch can you believe 116 Bwahahahahah

116 slain controllers?! :cheers: :wav:

I'll be working on the site's Players Corner today again, hopefully this week I plan to make the page ready for all those photos and PDA stats.
I'm also opening a "Screenshots" forum on the main page of STALKERmod, so you can link your pictures,(either with traditional links or thumbnail links) opening up thread(s) if you wish -and everybody else of course-

OK, about the small amount of ammo drop on dead NPCs in Pripyat. I don't think you're having a glitch there, actually ammo drop is set to be a bit on the low side. But, I hear your point, and I will adjust ammo drop levels a bit more with the next patch. Thanks.

------
edit: appearance
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby EggChen on 22 Sep 2008 20:00

busetibi wrote:116 Bwahahahahah

Nice one buddy, just hope you never work in a hospital, the first poor old guy with a few bandages applied to his torso would be in serious danger....
EggChen

Postby jamie1992 on 23 Sep 2008 11:06

EggChen wrote:
busetibi wrote:116 Bwahahahahah

Nice one buddy, just hope you never work in a hospital, the first poor old guy with a few bandages applied to his torso would be in serious danger....

HAHA

BTW your avatar Eggchen is awesome, btw i never heard back from you about the fog any progress?

Email me please :cheers:
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 23 Sep 2008 15:44

EggChen wrote:Nice one buddy, just hope you never work in a hospital, the first poor old guy with a few bandages applied to his torso would be in serious danger....

christ you wouldn't believe the game I've got going atm,
my current location:
sniper alley in Pripyat (the road you first walk down with the Loners when you enter the level)
on one side of the road I've got Hunters on the roof and Zombie Stalkers in the same building but in the windows, on the other side of the road I have Duty on the roof and Freedom on the ground with Bandits, Monolith, Dark Stalkers and Loners, add to the mix Izloms,Snorks,fkn Controllers (what the fk are they doing here) Burers(dwarfs) Zombies, Psedogiants, Bloodsuckers, Psedodogs,Chimeras and those fkn turd Firebites.
I've gone from "green" with Duty and Freedom to "yellow" and with some Loners I'm "red"
and all this is happening from the T section of the road up to about half way up.
and dont ask me about The Horror Times that hit just when I'm engaging this lot
I'm thinking about going back to the stadium with the 7-14 Snorks for a rest
:help:
edit:
speaking of "them"
132 and counting
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 23 Sep 2008 17:57

Gee, I'd just stand there watching all the action untill I got killed. I hope
you make it through all that mess just to get shot in the back by a heli!
Just kidding busetibi...although that's what usually happens to me.

:sad5: :cussing: :fucyc:
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 23 Sep 2008 19:07

I'm getting jealous busetibi If I'd ben sure that your save would work on my settings as it works on your PC, I'd enter that battle as well. And, I don't know, but I think you're now officially the "controller slayer" 132?! :salute:

audioave10, you've shot more choppers in one game that I could possibly manage in three. :headbang:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Draakon on 23 Sep 2008 20:08

[quote="busetibi"]1.
I've had Wolf radio after I came back from clearing out the bandits and giving Nimble his suit./quote]

May i ask your system specs? Because according to your ongoing story and this, i think going from garbage to cordon and back may help about my problem.
Draakon

Postby busetibi on 24 Sep 2008 03:23

Draakon wrote:
busetibi wrote:1.
I've had Wolf radio after I came back from clearing out the bandits and giving Nimble his suit./quote]

May i ask your system specs? Because according to your ongoing story and this, i think going from garbage to cordon and back may help about my problem.

np, although I must say firstly it's not the best set up, but I'm updating shortly.
My machine.
Windows XP Pro sp3.
mobo- KT6V (MS-7021 v1.X)
onboard sound, Realtek, drivers WDM A 403.
CPU- AMD ATHLON XP3000 + @ 2.17 GHz
Card- 256 mb Nivedia GeForce 6800GT, drivers 163.75,
2 Gig of RAM.
moniter- 22' asus flat screen LCD @ 60 Hertz, screen res set @ 32 bit, 1024x768.
page file size- Initial size 3000, Maximum size 3000.

STALKER settings.
Render- Minimum.
resolution- 1024x768.
Lighting- Static.
Grass Desity-middle of bar.
Texture Detail- middle of bar.
A.A.- off
A.F.- off
short cut properties has- nointro-noprefetch and noshadows

Additional Options Menu settings.
Interactive HUD-Off.
Classic Stashes.
Vaporise Corpses-Off
Very Frequent Respawns.
Blowout Waves-On.
Horror Time- On
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 24 Sep 2008 05:20

Hey Guys,

I've put the Players Corner on the NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Website.

Your PDA stats, and some of your pictures there. It's an initial step, the Corner will hopefully get a wider profile in the coming days.
Current stars:

Busetibi
Rockingmtranch
Verton23
Audioave10
Fiznerpin1962
Anti-Red.Fox

So keep sending your PDA stats and pictures if you want to get into the ranks. :)

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby busetibi on 25 Sep 2008 06:11

can't see Players Corner anywhere on the site. :scratch:
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 25 Sep 2008 15:13

busetibi...the link right under the video's.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 25 Sep 2008 19:54

Hello there :thumbright:

I am having the same problem, i cannot find players corner :scratch: , i tried every thread and area, i am using firefox, will try with ie7 and get back to you :salute:

Update: no luck with ie7, i am welsh mind so i might just be looking over the obvious :thumbright:
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 25 Sep 2008 21:25

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the interest in Players Corner. It is on NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked website as it is about your pictures from the mod.

Mod's Site address is in my sig, also I'm putting it here once again:

http://www.gamerspedia.net/

It's one of the link buttons, under the videos, on the right hand side, jusr above the download link. It opens another page on the side. Hope you'll like it. It's a start, more pictures, better page... :rock: :D
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions