NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby Balious on 09 May 2009 22:42

Ah sorry Nightwatch I didn't make my post clear enough my mistake and I am sorry yet again.
I meant to say is thats all that happened didn't mean to ask on how to fix etc. I will try again after this post to see if that crash still happens otherwise I try a more different route to this. Hopefully I will learn to make my posts more clear.

Now to see if I can solve this issue for the second time (the gfind error one that is)
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 09 May 2009 23:42

I think when you get too many crashes of ANY kind, its best to
leave that area for awhile (not very long). Bar is the worst so far
but it could be any area. Newsa gives you LOTS of action but the
xray engine is working very hard. As I've left Bar and then returned things have smoothed out and Cordon was busy but no
crashes. Save often and go through a level-change every so
often as it helps the engine reload an area clean.

Nightwatch...this is the BEST Mod!
:thumbright:
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 10 May 2009 00:32

This was a strange crash:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : false
[error]Function : CGameGraph::distance
[error]File : e:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrgame\game_graph_inline.h
[error]Line : 96
[error]Description : There is no proper graph point neighbour!

At least it was friendly! Even called me neighbor!! :))
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 10 May 2009 00:40

Balious wrote:Ah sorry Nightwatch I didn't make my post clear enough my mistake and I am sorry yet again.
I meant to say is thats all that happened didn't mean to ask on how to fix etc. I will try again after this post to see if that crash still happens otherwise I try a more different route to this. Hopefully I will learn to make my posts more clear.

Now to see if I can solve this issue for the second time (the gfind error one that is)

Yeah, Nightwatch - lighten up... :-"
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 10 May 2009 00:52

I have CTDs as well ( or a couple times in the past, anyway). To post them is quite natural - it gets you help to resolve them, it also gives the author of the mod info. to resolve the problem... also, when a workaround is found by a player - it helps the whole community. On the other side of the coin: using the search bar helps to avoid unwanted redundancy (not referring to you, Balious ;) ) in posts, also keeps the "man with the plan" from overheating. X(
The key here, is to recognize things for what they are - and everybody have a good time.

There. I have spoken. Go back to your homes. :-@
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby NatVac on 10 May 2009 10:13

Guys, remember to note the log file info when you have a crash. "Empty log", or "just a stack trace line" is okay. Using the Contacts list can have a CTheoraSurface error if an NPC switches offline while you are viewing the list.

audioave10 wrote:the following error occurs when firebytes are spawned in the Bar
itself near Barkeep...have tested alot and this crashes my game
when I'm in the bar or a long way from it.

! error in stalker with visual actors\barman\barman
stack trace:

001B:0288F20C xrGame.dll

Weird. I've seen this problem a few times in Priboi Story, although usually with a Duty exosuit reference. I was usually able to reload the last save, though.

Grump642 wrote:This was a strange crash:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : false
[error]Function : CGameGraph::distance
[error]File : e:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrgame\game_graph_inline.h
[error]Line : 96
[error]Description : There is no proper graph point neighbour!

At least it was friendly! Even called me neighbor!! :))

Thanks for the laugh! That is usually a one-off or relatively-rare "bad spawn" error that I saw even in vanilla. It's on my list of Crashes Still In The Game. (Input welcome.)

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : assertion failed
[error]Function : CUILine::GetLength_inclusiveWord_1
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\ui\UILine.cpp
[error]Line : 410
[error]Description : pos.word_1.exist()

stack trace:

The "pos.word_1.exist()" could result from dynamically-created UI content. Or there could be other reasons.

I have had problems running any mod with graphics enhancements, but if I get some time I'll supply another set of eyes to these problems. There are a lot of vanilla and engine issues and quirks, but it may be possible to work around or address a few of these.

Postby Balious on 10 May 2009 13:26

Okay I seemed to of fixed the error I kept having in Bar. The error seems to happen for me between after the guards in the south and to the building with the get out of here stalker guy. IT sometimes gets delayed and happens after I walked passed it. I solved this by going through the other way. Where you climb the fence and then enter the hole that can only be seen from one way. After climbing the fence and doing everything I wanted in Bar which I spent hours doing I had not crashed once.

So with my new 'helicopter hunting' equipment I went for garbage and tried killing that damn annoying thing. Well after many attempts I am back to stage 1 with trying to survive its first firing rate. But after it killed me on attempt 7 maybe I got a crash:
FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 73
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ...w of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\amk_heli_func.script:861: attempt to index local 'tmp' (a nil value)

stack trace:

I looked a few pages back to see if anyone else had this crash but couldn't see it. I am guessing here but I seem to make out that something went wrong with the helicopter but no idea what the rest means.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 10 May 2009 13:30

Hey, Natvac! Wife is doing fine, mostly. 8-[ She has 4 more radiation treatments & then she can go off the steroids that keep her brain from swelling. I can't wait! She is hyper as hell, doesn't sleep (which means I don't), can't drive for shit, & she is re-arranging, re-organizing the whole house!! (which is OK - in moderation.) :-J I am ready to put her in a headlock.....

Now I've gone & hijacked the thread again. :-@
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 10 May 2009 18:24

Back on topic:

I have got to figure something out here! X( My last trip from Yantar got me maxed out before I even hit the RF/P level changer! :-o (it's quite obvious that I am unable to leave the military & monolith alone on my way to Prypryat... :-J )

-here is my knuckleheaded carpark trader, hiding out @ the level changer to P....
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... _pripy.jpg

Forcing me to drag all this crap back to Sakarov:
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... _yanta.jpg

-Now I am going to probably run all the way back to the room above Skinflint, grab my rucksack, and leave it at a halfway point in RF. I can't even make it to the controllers without having to turn around & go back!! ](*,)
Oh well - like I always say... :ymbringiton: ( also, Busetibi is an overachiever.... ;) )

* do all my sceenshots look as shitty as they look to me?? What gives?? *
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 10 May 2009 19:26

I have the same problem! I can NOT pass up a good fight! I have stashes in places I can't even remember. :-?? Has my greed rubbed off on you too?? Almost to the 4 million RU mark! :rock:
http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/Grump642/Soc/ss_grumpy_05-09-09_20-40-03_l05_bar.jpg
Anyone have a hint where the 6 digit number is?? I really want to loot the ammo bunker!
Nightwatch, is the "Sin"Vintorez a hit or miss lucky find? I got it in 2.4, but can't remember how. :ymblushing: I love that gun!
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 10 May 2009 22:34

getting there... coming up on 3 million. 8-[
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 10 May 2009 23:06

Hey Guys, sorry that if I've missed a few posts, it's because a relative has died and I need to undertake some work as well, as well as normal duties as expected in these situations.
---------------

Thanks NatVac, very many thanks, for reaching out to help with the enquiries. :thumbright:

Guys, you've amassed enormous sums of money as it seems, you should post them to Players Corner thread as well if you can, as EggChen will update the current standings any time now.

I hope everything is OK with you wife fiznerpin1962, though I couldn't quite understand from the posts.

Thanks audioave10 :thumbright:

Balious
Re:
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ...w of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\amk_heli_func.script:861: attempt to index local 'tmp' (a nil value)
There is nothing wrong with AMK Heli_function,script. This is one of the Best and Most Solid scripts ever written in the history of gaming, Period. Hats off to AMK team. :salute:
Choppers are created by GSC. Functions by AMK. Both well above your and my head, as a matter of fact.

I know you are very enthusiastic about modding, this is very good. :mozilla_smile: But please stop playing with files to try to create new functions or changing functions. (Your crash points to a change, or a brute copy-paste/dublicate in any one of the functions which is proven incompatible with heli_function script and it complains about it.) AMK stuff -either heli_function or others, or many other functions referring to each other- is a bit too much to play around.

Also, your specs are not quite suitable to play this mod, I’m afraid.
I really appreciate your efforts to play this mod, but the fact is that you are trying to play it with just 1 Gig RAM, an Nvidia 8400 card and a PSU with a 350W. These specs cannot even play vanilla properly.
I know your good intentions and I appreciate them, but this is the technical reality. Sorry.

Grump642
Yes, "Sin" class weapons are really some pieces of work that one wouldn't like to miss. You could find them from Dark Stalkers as well; say, if they die, you can collect their weapons. Some Sin Class weapons are spawned as stashes, but very rarely, though. :mozilla_smile:

Now a funny note:

someone has applied for membership. well, this is no news, but check the name: "GiveUp_kingNW" Heh he :D
I wanted to invite him, we shouldn't miss the opportunity of having such a funny member, but unfortunately his email address is a "no-address" and was returned back by the postmaster. Well, too bad; maybe next time. :mozilla_wink:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Grump642 on 10 May 2009 23:56

If I see a Dark Stalker using a Vintorez, he's dead meat! Thing is tho, I have not seen any for quite awhile.

BTW- Do we have mutant gophers in the game now?!? These holes were moving. I counted 2 holes.????
http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/Grump642/Soc/ss_grumpy_05-10-09_16-11-31_l11_pri.jpg
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 11 May 2009 00:18

Grump642 wrote:If I see a Dark Stalker using a Vintorez, he's dead meat! Thing is tho, I have not seen any for quite awhile.

BTW- Do we have mutant gophers in the game now?!? These holes were moving. I counted 2 holes.????
http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/Grump642/Soc/ss_grumpy_05-10-09_16-11-31_l11_pri.jpg

That's a one interesting picture! :-o :D

Dark Stalkers can be seen in many levels, you kave good chance of seeing them in Agroghom, Yantar, AW and Pripyat. Depends, they move, too.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Grump642 on 11 May 2009 02:55

Nightwatch, I could not stand the sound of the Groza-NT silenced. So I changed it to this. See what you think. http://www.filedropper.com/grozantsilenced
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 11 May 2009 04:04

That's quite good, Grump642. It sounds more like a silencer-sound of an assault rifle of that caliber. But it was a single shot sound. I wonder if you can provide a burst or longer firing sounds. My ears are not that of a musician, cannot evaluate the music of an assault rifle very well. I think we can use it as the default silenced sound for Groza-NT. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 11 May 2009 05:23

#:-s What a day! going back to yantar after trying to get to AW (c h o p p y!) - I get a mega horror time at a very bad time. A Dwarf, Redhell sucker, 2 Firebites, 2 pseudogiants, and a shitload of zombies - with my friggin' back to the "flame-tunnel":
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... _rosto.jpg

- then I find this rummy Monolithian playin' on a "quarter pipe":
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... _radar.jpg

- no screenshot for this - (too busy). On the way back to Yantar... another horror time! This one was a clusterf@*k! =)) Firebites, a controller, about 7 military, about the same number of monolith, and some Snorks to spice it up a bit. - behind the tunnel to the scorcher. :-ss

- and these are just the hilights. - going to bed now....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 11 May 2009 06:37

Grump642 wrote: Anyone have a hint where the 6 digit number is?? I really want to loot the ammo bunker!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topography
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Wombat_70 on 11 May 2009 08:29

The Zone made me quite wealthy :))
http://i39.tinypic.com/27yaexk.jpg

now I have to find a way to spend that money :-J

Edit
Damn Sakharov doesn't want my hard earned cash
http://i43.tinypic.com/11s37dw.jpg

So I've lost my Yantar dealer X( , my save game from Yantar is way to far back #-o , I've
installed a new gamedata folder but still no go, don't know how to fix that :-?? :mozilla_frown:

Edit

I've tried to buy a smaller amount like a sausage same result, of course selling stuff Sakharov
also won't sell me any. :-o
All hope abandon ye who enter here.
May the Zone be with you.
Wombat_70

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions