NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby Nightwatch on 03 Apr 2009 16:09

Hey Guys,

The Website is up. I've stayed up very late last night and uploaded it this morning. Please have a look, and tell me if you like it. :mozilla_smile:
I also offer the HQ version of the video as well, but you may need to wait for buffering for your internet speeds. Front page video comes fast enough.
I hope I have not forgot to mention anything or missed anybody. This has been a too tiring work, my head hurts, lol, if so I apologize on this ground.

edit: date corrected:
I have given the expected release date as 10-April-2009 (Friday). I hope nothing comes up along to delay this.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Kaidonni on 03 Apr 2009 16:35

Isn't that Tuesday, though? #-o

Friday is the 10th. It's got a special place in my heart...I have a chocolate bunny wabbit I can start tucking into on that date. A rare mutant only found in the Zone is this bunny wabbit. :D

PS: The spelling of 'rabbit' as 'wabbit' is intended to sound cute, it is deliberate. :))
Kaidonni
Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 03 Apr 2009 17:02

Yup, sorry about it, you're right, it' the 10th. My PC's clock after the summer time turned to showing the March as the month we are in. How? Don't know. Stupid PC. Now I corrected the clock. I'll do it on the web as well.

NEW WEBSITE IS UP.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Ultradad on 03 Apr 2009 17:39

Nightwatch wrote:
I have given the expected release date as 10-April-2009 (Friday). I hope nothing comes up along to delay this.

Hello there :thumbright:

What can i say, way to go m8 =D> , gonna sit down with some easter eggs and my Nite14-SP Full-Auto Fast-Load Shotgun and party all night long :-J

Looks like christmas has come early this year. I love the look and feel of the new web page and humbled i got a mention at the bottom :ymblushing:

This forum got some amazing mods and modders :salute: and i have played them all and cannot believe how much you guys have improved this great game, i salute everyones hard work and dedication to this great game :salute: but man everytime i play Newsa+Simbion i feel like i come home :D
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby Kaidonni on 03 Apr 2009 19:25

Well, after trying other mods while waiting for 3.0, I've finally decided that there is only ONE choice left for me while waiting for next Friday. I'm gonna play 2.4. This time I have a nice 1.0004 install, actually copied and pasted, intended as a back-up, and I have created the necessary shortcut. 1.0005 is installed, but I gotta get rid of that, the proper install, because I installed a mod that required me to change a file outside of gamedata, and I didn't backup that file (plus I always planned a fresh reinstall for 3.0 Newsa+Simbion anyway, just to darn well make sure - no mercy! :ymdevil:).
Kaidonni
Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 03 Apr 2009 22:21

Thanks Ultradad, :mozilla_smile: So you liked the new site as well. Yes, the release nearly comes to the Easter holiday break time, so many may have a bit longer time in their hands. (PS: I've already eaten two easter eggs without waiting for the time. When you're sick, you seem to get away with things easier, :mozilla_wink: :D )

--

That's some commitment Kaidonni, starting 2.4 until the 3.0 is released. :D You can see it as a test for your 1.0004 installation, maybe. I've found the 1.0004 performs rather better than 1.0005, at least on the systems that I've played the game.
He, he, we don't even know what "mercy" means in this mod. :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Kaidonni on 03 Apr 2009 22:52

Okay...er...I don't know how quite to say this, but with a freshly installed 1.0004, I had that error again...

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : assertion failed
[error]Function : CUILine::GetLength_inclusiveWord_1
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\ui\UILine.cpp
[error]Line : 410
[error]Description : pos.word_1.exist()

stack trace:

The only tweaks I have made are to the levels folders and added a couple more texture files in, wanted the Autumn mod rather than the Spring mod. While searching a dead body, once again. The captain at the military outpost in Cordon. I have no idea what this computer is up to, but, with a fresh install... :mozilla_frown:

I had installed the mod gamedata folder prior to reinstalling the game itself, but then saved the mod gamedata folder and got rid of SHoC. I then reinstalled the game, and plonked the gamedata folder back where it needed to be, and modded the necessary .ltx file. But, I don't see how that would really do anything, the mod doesn't change any other files, does it? Or does it, and do I need to install the mod directly? Would saving an older gamedata folder not be enough, would it miss certain extra files that would only be found elsewhere, such as in the bin folder? I mean, I'd been playing earlier tonight, for over an hour, no issues. After a break, I came back to the computer and loaded Stalker back up. After a chopper attack, and selling a load of my gear, I made a run on the outpost in the APC, suiciding it, and sneaking past the felled tree, to get behind the enemy APCs. Got the captain alone, cornered, and shotgunned him. When I checked his body...that darned CTD! I'd checked plenty of dead bodies before, on my earlier go, and a few when I loaded up this time around...not as many this time around, but still, plenty on my earlier go. And yet, it is so random, yet only happens when I check dead bodies. Ouch! That hurts so much. I have to be doing something fundamental wrong, no one else has had these issues, not as often as me (as far as I can tell).

I have a question that might be important. My pathway for Stalker is C:\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl. Could it be, due to no THQ being in the title, that some of the patches didn't install properly? I patched it with 1.0001, 1.0003 and 1.0004. I assume I am supposed to have all of them, unless that is what has been causing this situation all along. Please tell me that isn't what has been causing it...or, rather, please tell me it is...because I want to feel like a complete and utter dunce, not upset because this computer has some kind of grudge against this great mod. I don't like the other Stalker mods out there much, the only other one I've ever liked was OL 2.2... Please tell me that is what has caused this whole issue, and that it's basically sod's law, and so simple...I want to feel stupid for once. It would mean I could reinstall the game, patch correctly, and then play without issues...

Finally, I can also play without the DVD in the drive (surprised me the first time I realised that...went to get it out, and...:mozilla_surprised:). But, I doubt that has anything to do with it. I never play with it in the drive, only ever use it to uninstall and reinstall. Thing is, I have never had this same issue with *any* other mod. Whatsoever. I just hope I am doing something fundamental wrong, and that it is more obvious now...
Kaidonni
Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 04 Apr 2009 02:13

Stupid question: still V1.0004 patch for the new version? :-?? going to check out the website now....

Update:Pretty darn awesome! (I am also humbly honored)
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 04 Apr 2009 05:42

I give Nightwatch's website 2 thumbs up!
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Wombat_70 on 04 Apr 2009 07:37

I am also humbly honored :ymblushing:

Great website you've got there nightwatch :-bd

Thank you again for the hard work on all the newsa versions :salute:
All hope abandon ye who enter here.
May the Zone be with you.
Wombat_70

Postby busetibi on 04 Apr 2009 08:35

very nice Nightwatch =D>
not long now aye \:d/ :-ss
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 04 Apr 2009 11:31

Ah sweet site Nightwatch, typical, that when you release i will be at a Lan Party, but i might still be able to get a copy. :P

And i feel hounered (SP?) for the credits in your mod. :thumbright:
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 04 Apr 2009 11:57

Great site Nightwatch! wow im being thanked for support :mozilla_surprised: :D

Normally im not noticed. About the redhell bloodsucker part. Will it appear randomly or at certain places? Also will there be more then one if the first one somehow dies by my hand. Im most likely looking forward to extreme mode and to kick this bloodsuckers tentacles :-J

Sorry if this has been pointed out or if you have yet to change it but I think I may of spot one tiny little mistake on your site. Just under the extreme title it says:
15+ More Hostile ACPs (totalling 26+)

Shouldn't ACPs be APCs?

I can't wait to live my adventure in this new mod and mode and see if I can really set the world class record of the most deaths in any stalker game (Im gonna say the helicopters or APCs will be the cause..). To everyone against me in the zone I say :ymbringiton:

I am greatly honoured to play this mod.
Now if only there was a custom stalker of jamie to kill for calling me a failure... and also killing my char on jagged alliance 2...
Just kidding :D
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Kaidonni on 04 Apr 2009 12:02

Erm...any confirmation on how to patch the game up? I asked earlier, in a rather long-winded post, but that was all important, didn't want to skimp on the information about my CTD error. I install, then do the following - 1.0001>1.0003>1.0004 (this time around I haven't gone on to 1.0005, but that would be the next step I would take). I am assuming, because no one else has the same error, this might be the cause? I've just reinstalled and only used the 1.0004 patch, mind you, but it would be nice to have some extra confirmation before I reinstall the mod and try it out again.
Kaidonni
Resident

Postby busetibi on 04 Apr 2009 12:11

Kaidonni wrote: I install, then do the following - 1.0001>1.0003>1.0004

:thumbright:

that'll do it. :rock:
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 04 Apr 2009 12:31

Kaidonni

I have the same error on 1.0004 with 2.4, just reload and keep going, its random as far as i can tell, maybe Nightwatch fixed it for V3.
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Kaidonni on 04 Apr 2009 12:42

Jamie, I had the error before on 1.0005 also. I've uninstalled and reinstalled now, and also done away with my saves, so I have to restart (but I'd really only completed the first mission, to save Nimble, so not much to redo). I only have 1.0004 installed now, no previous patches. I wonder if that helps any...if it doesn't, I should just save often I guess. But I'm hoping it does help.

I know I'm being a bit obsessive...but please tell me that I didn't need to do 1.0001>1.0003>1.0004, that it is okay to skip right to 1.0004...

Never had the same problem with any other mods, though...ever. Not as far as I can tell. If I have, it wasn't on searching dead bodies...
Kaidonni
Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 04 Apr 2009 13:50

Kaidonni wrote:Jamie, I had the error before on 1.0005 also. I've uninstalled and reinstalled now, and also done away with my saves, so I have to restart (but I'd really only completed the first mission, to save Nimble, so not much to redo). I only have 1.0004 installed now, no previous patches. I wonder if that helps any...if it doesn't, I should just save often I guess. But I'm hoping it does help.

I know I'm being a bit obsessive...but please tell me that I didn't need to do 1.0001>1.0003>1.0004, that it is okay to skip right to 1.0004...

Never had the same problem with any other mods, though...ever. Not as far as I can tell. If I have, it wasn't on searching dead bodies...

You can go straight to V1.0004 i did second time around, and was fine for me, and yes save alot, i myself am a quicksave monkey, its a habit, anyway yeah, save often, and your be fine, as the error does occur, but reload and your be fine, just the game having a hissy fit is all. :)
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 04 Apr 2009 14:51

Kaidonni
Well, actually I don't see any reason why you would try to start version 2.4 just a few days before the release of 3.0/ I'd suggest that you'd wait for the 3.0.
It's too bad that, I remember, since GSC forums you were not at all able to start the game and go further than newbie village. There's surely something on your system that does not go well with this mod, I wish I could point to it. But I am only aware of my own PC naturally. :mozilla_smile: You've been giving very great efforts for it, and that's why it's even more a sorry feeling seeing that you can't start enjoying the game. I'd suggest that you stop trying now, wait for 3.0 and it's no use to continue with 2.4 at this point.
Subject is now on 3.0, anyway.

Also, another thing came to my mind, maybe it could be helpful, not on this one but on further new edition as well:

You've said that you are playing the game without the CD in the drive, well, when I try to start STALKER the game always forces me to put the CD in; so, am I correct if I were to assume that you are using a crack (or other software) on the disk? (morally I can't care less at all, I'm not the game company who pocket the money) but on technical side, such software do have side effects.

As I said, then please wait for the new version. Well, I hope your system and it will come to a better mutual understanding. :mozilla_smile: I'm grateful that you are showing such level of enthusiasm, but meanwhile, you may -if I am allowed to make a suggestion :mozilla_smile: - start have a go on AMK or ABC, what do think? They are, after all, ingredient indivudual mods of this mod anyway, both the main engine and logic of it. You may see how your system do with these as well, anyway. It may so as well give some pointers, too. :mozilla_smile: Thanks, buddy.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions