NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby rockingmtranch on 16 Apr 2009 21:03

I'm sorry that has a hold on you Kaidonni. If you weren't having any problems then it would not be necessary. It was just something I was trying because I did have a problem was all. It's not to say it was going to work or not to solve it but it was just something to try for me.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby EggChen on 16 Apr 2009 21:30

Nightwatch wrote:EggChen?[/color] You're the one who gave that idea, how about being the judge of all that?

Don't mind doing it, but I think judging anything could be difficult (ie impossible) like "most deaths" or "most story NPC's kept alive". If we keep it to measurable targets like x killed, etc it should really judge itself. Only have awards for that which can be captured on screen.

We agree categories, and if you beat the current holder, send a screen to me or NW.
How does that work for everyone?

It does not have to be just kills, for example :

Award : "I mean business"
Measure : 1st to reach hologram guys... in game time.
Proof : Screenie of your PDA showing the in game day & time, with holo guy visible in background.

On the subject of my game, I am really struggling, CTD every few minutes with no log. I'm gonna start again and see if that helps, failing that it may be a 64bit issue :mozilla_yell:
EggChen

Postby Kaidonni on 16 Apr 2009 22:36

rockingmtranch wrote:I'm sorry that has a hold on you Kaidonni. If you weren't having any problems then it would not be necessary. It was just something I was trying because I did have a problem was all. It's not to say it was going to work or not to solve it but it was just something to try for me.

No need for you to be sorry or anything. I just latch on to things now and then, and it gobbles me all the way up. I sort of have my driving test tomorrow, so at the moment, any obsession seems to distract me from my impending 'destiny.' I have been obsessing more lately about anything, and it is probably so that I don't obsess about the test. A more immediate worry is what my mind has been searching for...

EDIT: Had a mess-around go tonight, will restart the next time I can go on and play proper. I, er, tested the Bandit Jacket idea. It works. I can approach the car park in the suit from the disused mill, and circle until I am around near the building where they hold Nimble. At that point, I'll have mere moments before they catch on, but by then, I'll have my sawn-off BM16 ready. I'll eliminate the Bandits in the building where they hold Nimble, and have fun dispatching the rest in a multitude of manners. I usually now sell my original jacket for a sawn-off BM16 and 50 bullets, seeing as how a shotgun is more effective than the pistols at times, and Wolf gives me a Stalker jacket anyway. So, tomorrow or whenever I get the chance, it's time to have some fun. I'm quite surprised it actually works, but then, I bet the bandits will be, too :ymdevil:.
Kaidonni
Resident

Postby busetibi on 17 Apr 2009 00:25

so I'm walking along the road back to Cordon after taking out the chopper and the damned APC on the bride of DV and I'm thinking to myself "hmmm how come I've had five blow outs but only one minor Horror Time"
checking my ammo status I realise I dont have enough to take on the bandits in the farm house (gauss gun rip off farm house) and low and behold a Horror Time comes on just as I pass the farm, a Firebite and a Hell Bloodsucker start procedings off followed by my friends the Zombies, damned things just kept coming, lol, talk about panic!!!!
anyhoo, \:d/
nice Horror Time.

http://i40.tinypic.com/uxxc3.jpg

@ Kaidonni I wouldn't worry to much about the red lines in your console,I get them all the time and just ignore them
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 17 Apr 2009 01:39

Hey Guys,
1:00 am in London, and I've finished updating the Players Corner with available photos.

Please post more good photos to reflect your walk in the Zone, successes and interesting events, etc, as we all know. Those who have less photo on the site should only blame themselves, not me, lol, :D More photo, more exposure on the site.

This is the initial framework. More photos and PDAs will take their place as they come.

EggChen, that's great. When you assign a leader for a category for that time, I can update the site accordingly. we can keep the lest, so it goes number 2 player, number 3, so on, on that category. It was what you were recommending, wasn't it? Once PDA picture comes, info on it can give that person multiple opportunities to appear in categories.
So when info(s) start to come, I'll update the page as they come. (Am I mumbling? lol :D MS Frontpage has made my eyes water.)
Hey buddy, post some pictures as you get them. I'll be working on your section on Players Corner tomorrow. A couple of more pictures will ne nice. But no hurry of course. Page is there.

PS: that may well be a 64bit issue, I was worried that it could worsen the STALKER deficiencies. Sounds like that widespread FarCry 2 Graphics driver/multi-CPU problem, (not resolved yet.) Could be that the CPU (you have Quad as well) is sending a sort of junk, which may possibly be increased by 64 bit (not sure, I'm guessing) to the GPU and terminates the processing, not keeping it up. Hope I'm wrong, as I'm planning to jump to 64 bit as well.

busetibi
So you survived the Garbage Heli? :thumbright: Seems that in your game, Horror-Time has started a bit late, and it may get now even denser, if the memory/experience is not wrong. You can expect to meet a nice one on your return to Garbage.

A problem ,meanwhile...which requires me to apologize to you.
I've jus today noticed that your section on Players Corner has got damage. And you didn't tell me. I had no idea, honest. Your guide about how to deal with controllers and manage your spawns, etc, (you remember?) has gone, and also fewer pictures. I must have uploaded an older page by mistake a few months back (done before your section was updated with guides, etc) and it must've overwritten it. Sorry. :( I'd like to have that guide and more pictures please, so i can update the properly.

Kaidonni
Good luck with your Driving Test tomorrow. :mozilla_smile:

PS: it's great that you've worked out the "sneaking operation" in bandit village. :thumbright:

Ultradad and Grunp642 , great hits again guys, very impressive. :thumbright: Pictures duly saved as well.

Balious, your pictures are up as well, on the side.

Guys,

That Garbage Heli is almost (this is understatement :mozilla_smile: ) impossible to shoot down at that stage of the game with your weapons load. This is a run and hide/evade test in the game. It is governed by a pretty vicious logic, different than other choppers, and you'll see this version 3.0 choppers in a couple of more spots. But then, you'll have more weapons to revenge Garbage. :mozilla_smile:
This chopper may back off momentarily if it's discouraged enough by very precise shooting, but it'll circle around and come back, and never will go away as long as it is able to fly. So you're playing a soldier with limited weapons who faces an attack chopper, in a wrong place at a wrong time. Use the natural protection around well. Good luck.
:mozilla_wink:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby busetibi on 17 Apr 2009 04:15

well I only just survived the Garbage chopper lol, it was playing cat and mouse with me the whole time, sad to say it got Fox, I'd just finished talking to him and the damned thing let loose, I side stepped and ran into the old house alas not Fox.
then it started pounding the house (spam from a chopper?) tried to put it off with the shotgun, at least it backed off as I went from room to room then used the bushes as cover to get to the Cordon/Garbage switch of course the dogs, bandits and Military didn't help my cover, made a hard save at the switch then went back into Cordon (madness aye)
It's night time now (ingame) just got back from getting the docs for sid so I now have the weapon to take that bastard thing down.
Hmm I wonder.....
in DV (the area where you go down and find the codes etc) on the surface there is a building with a secret stash in the corner in v2.4 it had five rockets for the RPG yet this time all it had was a Night Star artifact (nice :-? ) I was so counting on them being in that blue box (fkn lol) t'was a wonder you didn't here me scream "NOOOOOOOO!!!"

regarding the guide, sorry I dont have it, it was written on the night I "End Gamed" and I was fairly pumped and didn't save it to anywhere :-?? , with the pics, I posted some in the Journal section, those are the only ones I have as I deleted a lot from Homestead 'cause they were being bitchey about the amount of space I was using, I think I have my "End Game" PDA from v2.4 somewhere
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 17 Apr 2009 05:52

I call this forty five minutes of mayhem (ingame time)

so I finish the get the doc case for sid, np
go out side the bunker and talk to Fanatic, seems he's having problems with Mercs, take the mission off him and take up my post, I hear the chopper but can't see it as it's night time, doesn't stop it seeing me though, so I have to move, the Mercs are moving down the hill towards the ville, Horror Time!!!! :-o greattttttt.
The zombies are moving towards me and I'm trying to kill them and the Mercs are now inside the ville, the chopper is shooting at me, lmao, talk about pick your target.
so I'm running up and down the road in the ville killing Mercs and trying to keep away from the zombies and trying not to get hit by the chopper, the rookies are taking out the zombies (yea, a win for me) nearly finished off the Mercs and......................
blow out!!!
dive into one of the underground bunkers, two Mercs inside, health bar is almost gone,
blow out ends, walk outside no zombies,no Mercs but still got the damned chopper.
finally get him :p
get armour fixed up by sid,leave the ville walking up the road and bump into an APC, take him out with 'nades.
get through into Garbage, seven Mercs ambush me, they're hiding in the tree on my left, take care of them, go see Bes, walking to the hanger I see flames, great, a Firebite, oh no not one..... four of the turds.
get inside the hanger go and start taking care of ther bandits.....
major Horror Time, bandits are coming through the gates/doors firing at me while I'm taking out zombies and to top it all off my vision starts to blur (need sleep)
eventually take out the zombies and bandits take the below screen, save /quit
http://i39.tinypic.com/23w2rdf.jpg

gawd, what a time.
fkn love it :-bd
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 17 Apr 2009 06:17

I am downloading this now. Can't wait to play!
Any cool stuff for Pyromaniac MachineGunners in this mod?
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 17 Apr 2009 06:27

Hello there :thumbright:

Having a great time, if there is some way to show how many times i have died and reloaded i think i am pulling ahead :)) Gang culture is alive and kicking in this extreme mode, they run in packs and show no mercy :mozilla_smile:

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/omgherewego.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/triplets.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/lolpiggonnagetspanked.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/thisgonnahurtalotlol.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/heretheycome.jpg

Every time i visit the bar area its getting hammered by some faction or another and they take no prisoners :salute:

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/anotherraidatbar.jpg

Working realy hard at the moment and will post a screeny of my inventory when its all said and done :salute: . I went and upset duty and the loners so it was a trip of to see sid to sort out the misunderstanding :-J . Thank god all the zone points are open as its hard enough without loners and duty getting stuck in :ymdevil:
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby Kaidonni on 17 Apr 2009 09:08

Nightwatch wrote:Kaidonni
Good luck with your Driving Test tomorrow. :mozilla_smile:

PS: it's great that you've worked out the "sneaking operation" in bandit village. :thumbright:

Thanks. I'm all nervous and just not feeling that well at the moment. In about an hour and ten minutes I'll be getting picked up by my instructor for a special preparation lesson. Then at 11:19AM GMT, 'It' begins.

Yeah, I do like sneaking around to an extent in the game. It's my favourite thing to attack the Agroprom Research Institute by cover of darkness, and only being detected when I snatch the documents, as well as surprising the bandits in Cordon at the car park at the start. The bandit jacket did allow me to basically encircle the compound, and it was when I was next to the building Nimble was in that they caught on. LOL. They really need better security, anyone wearing a bandit jacket could walk in, especially the hero of the game =)).
Kaidonni
Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 17 Apr 2009 20:21

Great escape there busetibi, actually more than once in arow, wow! x_x
PS: I'll find your guide somewhere in the forums and post it back on the website.Got this picture as well, build up the Players Corner again in a day two.
You've met only one APC?? :mozilla_wink:

Hey MeanderingBeing, it's great to see that you are trying this mod, too. :thumbright: Yeah a lt of "machine gun" stuff is going on in this mod, but they motly come towards you. :D :mozilla_wink:

Kaidonni wrote:The bandit jacket did allow me to basically encircle the compound, and it was when I was next to the building Nimble was in that they caught on. LOL. They really need better security, anyone wearing a bandit jacket could walk in, especially the hero of the game .

Perfect :D :thumbright:

Thanks Ultradad, it's great pleasure for me also for seeing that you're having a good fun (and excitement) :thumbright: Great pictures again.

******************************************************************************************************************************

Also, a small note:

To the person who is applying for membership third time now, with the name of Rocky123

I know you read the forums, and although you don't reply my verification emails, I believe you still be able to read this open message:

1- You have not replied my three emails requesting verification of your application, and your email address of zjfengjie@yeah.net draws blank, you will need to apply with another email, also your IP address comes as bouncing around the globe with no country of origin.

2- After your second application, you sent me an email to my Forum administrative email address with no proper reply in it, but with a title of Re: Welcome to Stalkermod !!
But I had not activated your membership, you were NOT a member, and therefore I had NOT sent you a Welcome email. Strange!

Non-members cannot send internal emails to members in this forum, and certainly not to me... that function is disconnected for non-members.

So, how could you get my stalkermod administrative email?

This email is only sent to those GSC members whose membership is accepted here as form of a welcome message from administration.
Getting it otherwise is impossible unless:
a)
you are already a member here under another name and received the welcome message some time ago, or,
b) You have got this email from someone who is already a member in this forum.

As a non-member, you can't know the email address otherwise.
--I do NOT send confirmation-request emails from Stalkermod internal admistrative email... I send them from my own personal email address. Only the accepted members get this Stalkermod email.

****************************************************************************************************************************

PS:
(situation has been found interesting and cause for concern by the owners of several major gaming sites as well, who have around 20000 members each and very experienced. GSC is not one of those approached.)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 17 Apr 2009 22:03

After many MANY tries of trying to get pass the Garbage helicopter which are some of these:
http://i40.tinypic.com/30aqedt.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2j3nqxj.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2ymhis2.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/1608x13.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/4hsdxz.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/91a3ag.jpg

After these many painful and fun tries I have decided to load my last save in Cordon and continue there. This way I can prepare for it and go to Apro at the same time. After that I may find something to pack that helicopter to its grave :ymdevil:

I hate god damn helicopters ](*,)
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 17 Apr 2009 22:13

I see (and feel) your pain balious, :D later you'll have much better change to get your revenge.
Very definitive pictures for the situation experienced there. :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 17 Apr 2009 22:41

Oh and all these deaths gives me an idea. Perhaps you can post a little death of screenshots in part of the players corner to show how hard this mod is. Not exactly giving anything away but more extreme deaths such as a few of mine may be or anyone elses if they post theirs.
A certain death picture could be getting ambushed by a load of tough Bloodsuckers. Im sure even the best Stalkers could not survive that in a small area.

This somehow reminds me. In my Military outpost in Cordon one of the APCs seem to of done a 180 and flipped onto its back. I believe I have a picture somewhere so I try and find it but I wasn't quite expecting it when I was looking that way for any Military to attack Rookie village.
Balious
Senior Resident

Re: Rocky123

Postby NatVac on 17 Apr 2009 22:50

Regarding the brain-dead attempt to register a new membership: The welcome message I received didn't have any exclamation marks in the subject line.

My initial suspicion based on your description of the transactions is that someone's box is infected with malware* that's fishing for more email addresses by going after forum sites. It's too stupid to realize that confirmation from a valid email address is required.

It might be looking through the mail for keywords and addresses that indicate a forum subscription, like "webmaster", "board", "administrator".

--------------------
REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR.

NO HACKING CODES ARE ALLOWED.

NO REASON WHATSOEVER CAN EVER BE ACCEPTABLE. YOU ARE WARNED.
ON REPEAT YOU WILL BE BANNED AND THE REASON WILL HAVE TO BE REPORTED TO INTERNATIONAL INTERNET AUTHORITIES UNDER THE REGULATIONS IN FORCE.

---------------------

Perhaps an early member who registered prior to the implementation of the new forum validation process is afflicted.

Don't push it. You should not have any reason to insist on this membership that administrator finds unsecure with information available to him.
I know the Internet Security Matters much better than you can. --Nightwatch -Administrator.

*Yes, it could still be a Nymlit. But Nymlits usually react to stimulus, so I'm discounting this. --Wait: There's a Rocky123 registered at one of the other STALKER forum sites, according to my maddeningly inconsistent memory.
NatVac
Resident

Postby busetibi on 17 Apr 2009 23:00

regarding Rocky 123 he posted in your thread at GSC on the 12th of April.
his post:

rocky123
(Novice)

On forum: 01/26/2009

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 73
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ...shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_logic.script:406: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

it's on page 140, I told him to register on these forums on the 13th, he hasn't posted anything else in the thread and I can't find any of his other posts because of the outdated board at GSC
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 18 Apr 2009 03:32

After these many painful and fun tries I have decided to load my last save in Cordon and continue there. This way I can prepare for it and go to Apro at the same time. After that I may find something to pack that helicopter to its grave :ymdevil:

I hate god damn helicopters ](*,)

I had to run from the barn to the railroad tunnel to the Agro switch( ignoring Bandits) to get to Agro. After the first mission there, I came back the same way. At the tunnel, I was attacked by 8 Bandits. After killing them, I waited for the helio to swing away and ran for the Cordon switch. Came back to Agro using the back door.
I said I would take GREAT pleasure in killing the helio, so the first thing I did at the bar was buy an RPG!! Then I went hunting!! :ymdevil: http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/Grump642/Soc/ss_grumpy_04-17-09_16-44-40_l02_gar.jpg
Damn, it felt good!

Edit; Nightwatch After leaving the Bar, I had another Inventory CTD. This time it seemed to be 2 Cobblestones. Had to go back and then sell them to the Bartender and all was OK. What gives? Any idea?
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 18 Apr 2009 03:47

Nightwatch This is what I could find on your strange Rocky123.

inetnum: 123.112.0.0 - 123.127.255.255
netname: CNCGROUP-BJ
descr: CNCGROUP Beijing province network
descr: China Network Communications Group Corporation
descr: No.156,Fu-Xing-Men-Nei Street,
descr: Beijing 100031
admin-c: CH455-AP
tech-c: SY21-AP
mnt-by: APNIC-HM
mnt-lower: MAINT-CNCGROUP-BJ
mnt-routes: MAINT-CNCGROUP-RR
Very interesting. Edit; I could have posted more, but I think this says enough.
Grump642
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions