NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 10 Oct 2008 17:55

Nightwatch....Eggchen?? WTF?

New faction? Or have I just missed 'em all these times?? :
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... 5_ba-1.jpg

Oh, here's a good one - can't get the timing right though: http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... _rosto.jpg

Simbion.....:
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... 05_bar.jpg
Last edited by fiznerpin1962 on 11 Oct 2008 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 10 Oct 2008 18:43

Youre really new to all this aren't you, don't know about you but when I tried to talk with them I got a ctd

@Nightwatch
I just noticed that my name is mentioned here NEWSA+SIMBION-tweaked_v2.4 , I'm honoured and glad to have been a service. This really is a great mod and youre improving it futhermore :salute: :thumbleft:
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 10 Oct 2008 21:24

fiznerpin1962 wrote:[color=red]New faction? Or have I just missed 'em all these times?? :

I think they are part of AMK...

I noticed from scripts in NEWSA that they seem to spawn and hunt mutants based on how many are in the levels. I have done something similar but far less complex script-wise in my game.

I may be wrong about the AMK part, they could be from SRP.

Edit: Nightwatch

Before you removed the Electro Chimera, did you ever notice if it played a sound as well as the particle effect? Or does your Firebite play a sound?

I ask as the sound does not work in my "extract" of those scripts, and I am trying to figure if I did something wrong.
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 10 Oct 2008 21:56

fiznerpin1962 wrote:Nightwatch....Eggchen?? WTF?

New faction? Or have I just missed 'em all these times?? :
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... 5_ba-1.jpg

Oh, here's a good one - can't get the timing right though: http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... _rosto.jpg

Siiiimbion.....:
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... 05_bar.jpg

Yeah, Hunters is part of the SIMBION, as well as Dark Stalkers. As DARK TEMPLAR points, some has a problem taht leads to a CTD when you try to speak with them, which I have now repaired and no more leads to CTD. The patch, which will offer many other tweaks, is in delay a bit due to some other things that I had to deal with, creation of this forum has been one of them.

During this time, my advice will be that players should not speak with those Hunters not to risk a CTD meanwhile, and their dialogs are not quite important anyway.

And you've found the SIMBION artefact, you're lucky. :) They're quite rare.

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:@Nightwatch
I just noticed that my name is mentioned here NEWSA+SIMBION-tweaked_v2.4 , I'm honoured and glad to have been a service. This really is a great mod and youre improving it futhermore :salute: :thumbleft:

Thanks for the compliments. :thumbright: :)

----------------
EDIT:

EggChen wrote:Edit: Nightwatch

Before you removed the Electro Chimera, did you ever notice if it played a sound as well as the particle effect? Or does your Firebite play a sound?

I ask as the sound does not work in my "extract" of those scripts, and I am trying to figure if I did something wrong.

While I was writing the post, you must've edited and added this part, so I didn't see it before, sorry.

The sound is the sound that comes with the particle effect visual, to support it, I mean if it's electro, then the sound was sound = anomaly\electra_idle1

placed like this:
Code: Select all
stop_on_death    = true
sound          = anomaly\electra_idle1
sound_looped       = true

in FIREBITE, the sound is: sound = ambient\fire2

Hope I got the question right and answered properly. :)
Last edited by Nightwatch on 10 Oct 2008 22:06, edited 2 times in total.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby jamie1992 on 10 Oct 2008 21:57

Sorry for offtopic nightwatch, did you receive my email?
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 10 Oct 2008 22:07

jamie1992 wrote:Sorry for offtopic nightwatch, did you receive my email?

No, sorry; I've just come home, had a dinner and replying the posts. I'll check it now. :)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby jamie1992 on 10 Oct 2008 22:10

Ok. :)
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 10 Oct 2008 22:45

You almost got the question :geek:

I should have been clearer, I meant could you actually hear the sound played in game when you met an Electro Chimera? Or one of your firebites for that matter?

I can see how it is done, but I get no sound in game, and I wondered if it worked in the first place? I have double checked everything and I am sure it should work, but it does not...
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 10 Oct 2008 23:36

EggChen wrote:You almost got the question :geek:

I should have been clearer, I meant could you actually hear the sound played in game when you met an Electro Chimera? Or one of your firebites for that matter?

I can see how it is done, but I get no sound in game, and I wondered if it worked in the first place? I have double checked everything and I am sure it should work, but it does not...

Well, on electro chimera, it worked. There was that whooshing sound(correct description? :) ) of electric filed and its discharge sound, electro anomaly type, you know.
in Firebite, well, frankly, behind the damn animal's growls and barkings you cannot quite hear the sound of fire unless one has a very musical ear.
But they work. :)

---------
Jamie,you got a mail :)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby jamie1992 on 10 Oct 2008 23:50

Yep, got it and replyed. :D
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 11 Oct 2008 13:53

Why would hitting the contacts key cause a ctd and make the log say that there is not enough storage for that command, could it be because I have multiple stalker diroctories
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 11 Oct 2008 14:02

Nightwatch wrote:
EggChen wrote:You almost got the question :geek:

Well, on electro chimera, it worked. There was that whooshing sound(correct description? :) ) of electric filed and its discharge sound, electro anomaly type, you know.
in Firebite, well, frankly, behind the damn animal's growls and barkings you cannot quite hear the sound of fire unless one has a very musical ear.
But they work. :)

the Firebites have a fire sound??
all I've ever heard is growls,barks, snarls and the report of the Nite 14-SP sending them to hell where they belong :)

an average attack by Satans Hell Spawn on one of my "sweeps" of Pripyat.....
http://busetibi.homestead.com/files/ss_ ... ipyat_.jpg
you playing v2.4 EggChen ?
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 11 Oct 2008 15:42

busetibi
busetibi wrote:the Firebites have a fire sound??
all I've ever heard is growls,barks, snarls and the report of the Nite 14-SP sending them to hell where they belong

an average attack by Satans Hell Spawn on one of my "sweeps" of Pripyat.....
http://busetibi.homestead.com/files/ss_ ... ipyat_.jpg

Yeah, Firebites, as they are in flames, there is a fire sound, but in reality, as you also put it, you cannot hear the subdued sound of burning flames behind their raib growls and barking and the players firing all he has at them,LOL :D

very nice picture. I'll try to update/add the pictures this weekend for everybody there; but I can't quite promise really that they'll be ready until Monday, tbh, for this weekend is more like a working day for me than a real weekend. I've almost forgot what a weekend looks like, LOL. :D But, at most in a few days, they'll be up there.

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:Why would hitting the contacts key cause a ctd and make the log say that there is not enough storage for that command, could it be because I have multiple stalker diroctories

Well, the reason is "systems related" as it happens in many things, as everyone's PC is different than another one, and as a result of this, when some requirements come, it may not be sustainable for some systems; having said that, there are instances that would break the backbone of even the strongest systems. Such as: at some cases, around you, up to 40-50 NPCs spawn, and the memory that the engine reserves for PDA cannot handle this flow.
For example check it when there noone around you, in your radar, or just a few NPCs; you will probably not have a CTD whne you're checking contacts at that time. If you still have, then there may be either a glitch in your game or there may exist some software on your PC that may upset the engine in any way; those can be even completely expected ones, difficult to pinpoint, for there are vitually tens of thousands software that can exist on one's PC.

But on my PC, I can look at my contacts, as seen in the photo:

http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/n/Nightwatch01/136765/rzejmalwtc.jpg

When there are many NPCs in your radar, you may try not to check your PDA. Actually, in my game at least, I don't bother with who's around me. :) When I look at them, cursor says who's who, I find it easier.
Last edited by Nightwatch on 11 Oct 2008 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 11 Oct 2008 16:05

Altho thanks to new rig the looks of water is very nice, the waterline still looks like it was drawn with a ruler.So could you smooth the waterline a bit, at be great
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 11 Oct 2008 17:19

busetibi wrote:you playing v2.4 EggChen ?

Nope, never played NEWSA because my system would struggle. However I am upgrading in next two weeks (originally for CS, now for Farcry 2) so I think I'll give NEWSA a go then :bounce:

Nightwatch - Thanks buddy, I'll have another look at those scripts :pale:
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 11 Oct 2008 19:19

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:Altho thanks to new rig the looks of water is very nice, the waterline still looks like it was drawn with a ruler.So could you smooth the waterline a bit, at be great

It is a high scale graphical/texture, etc work. I think EggChen can tell the scale of the required work better. water needs to be moving, at least slightly, I'd guess, in order to make a smoother water/land connection.

EggChen

If things go like this, in two weeks, all PC manufacturers (well, except IBM maybe) could be facing bankrupcy, maybe too bad for some undoubtedly, but sales expected to be very wide and prices low. Yet, you never know, they never want to reduce prices below a certain level. We'll see.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby EggChen on 11 Oct 2008 19:44

I'll be doing a self upgrade rather than buying a whole new unit... was going for a 280, motherboard and 4gb ddr2 ram. I already have a Core 2 6600 so I think that will do for now, I could overclock if it bottlenecks the GPU.

However, the falling pound against the dollar has pushed the prices up, so I'm keeping an eye on my favourite hardware sites everyday!! Presuming they stay in business!!

At the moment its a panic situation in the financial markets. The problem is more about perception than reality.

Back on topic....

Darkprophet

Sorry, I don't think much can be done with the water, it is down to the engine and the levels. The engine would need to be changed, and levels remade to cater for soft water edges.... it has been improved in CS though, even on DX9, but on DX10 it looked brilliant. At least in the tech videos.

One thing you can do to help a bit, is alter the water texture. I decreased the alpha on the texture, so the water is more transparent, it seems to help hide the problem.

Happy to send it you for a test, and as it is only a small texture mod I should avoid the wrath of Nightwatch :axe:

PS: I'm not on my PC tonight, back tomorrow afternoon, so drop me an e-mail if you want the texture.
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 11 Oct 2008 23:26

EggChen

You must've read my mind. After DARK TEMPLAR's post, I was thinking to ask you if any improvements could be done on water textures. That's why I asked him to wait for your answer anyway. Good. Please send it to me, too; it can be included in the coming patch for global effect. :)

edit:

You're building a top-notch system :thumbright: You mean the Cre 2 6600 CPU is the one: Core 2 Quad Q6600, Kentsfield 2.40, 1066MHz? And the 280 is very beefy indeed. So you can gurantee a top gaming performance for at least two months. (joking :) ) It'll keep you at the very top band of gaming at least for two-three years. :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 12 Oct 2008 11:24

Nightwatch wrote:EggChen

You must've read my mind. After DARK TEMPLAR's post, I was thinking to ask you if any improvements could be done on water textures. That's why I asked him to wait for your answer anyway. Good. Please send it to me, too; it can be included in the coming patch for global effect. :)

I can wait it out, it's not like it's a gamebraking thing, just a little bit harsh on the eye :)
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions