NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 12 Oct 2008 16:32

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:
I can wait it out, it's not like it's a gamebraking thing, just a little bit harsh on the eye :)

It's mostly the game engine I think. this mod is a vast improvement over vanilla - but I still have my settings on maximum with the resulution on the highest supported - it does pale over other games (Crysis, Quake 4, etc.) It is still more fun than a strictly "run-n-gun" like the afore mentioned :thumbright:
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 12 Oct 2008 16:41

I have another :scratch: Nightwatch... (and no - I'm not new to all this, Dark Templar :geek: )

I got this loner at the bar who is neutral. Can't talk to him (no prompt for it). Then out of the blue a few moments later - hostile
A few others do it too - what gives??
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... 05_bar.jpg
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 12 Oct 2008 18:25

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:I can wait it out, it's not like it's a gamebraking thing, just a little bit harsh on the eye

fiznerpin1962 wrote: It's mostly the game engine I think. this mod is a vast improvement over vanilla - but I still have my settings on maximum with the resulution on the highest supported - it does pale over other games (Crysis, Quake 4, etc.) It is still more fun than a strictly "run-n-gun" like the afore mentioned :thumbright:

Thanks fiznerpin1962 :) I'm really glad that you see it that way.
Yes, it's almost impossible to tweak how the engine processes textures on a definitive scale (I mean by entering the engine and recoding it, not just by adding some improvement-offering tweaks into the files.)
However, I'll wait for EggChen's water textures, it sure must make an improvement visually, as much as it can be done without working on the engine. :)

I have another Nightwatch... (and no - I'm not new to all this, Dark Templar )
I got this loner at the bar who is neutral. Can't talk to him (no prompt for it). Then out of the blue a few moments later - hostile
A few others do it too - what gives??
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... 05_bar.jpg

My thought would be that you might have upset some loners along the game up to now, game relations matter. They're are now turning onto you. You might've killed one or more loners, (killing some Stalkers missions, may also cause this depending on your other points in the game relations).

There may be also a glits as well. In order to test if it's glitch or not, you can save at your current position (not to lose your progress) then relaod your auoto-save to Bar and enter the Bar area again, and see if the same thing still happens. If it happens, then you have a problem with Loners.

You can however have it repaired (repairing your standing with Factions) with the trader, just pay some money, he'll repair it for you. :)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby EggChen on 12 Oct 2008 21:16

OK, will send Nightwatch and Dark Templar a test soon. I noticed it does not seem to have improved things as much as I remember, but I am now using a version of panoramic mod... and I think the sky textures are effecting things a bit.

Here is a shot, you will see the reflections from the sky are a bit much!!

Now one thing I did notice, the lake in Yantar is dealt with better than than the water in Darkvalley, Garbage and Military Warehouses.

The foliage is used very well to mask the edges where water meets ground. I wonder how you choose where foliage is... maybe Dezo will know after all the work on Priboi. If its part of the level, nothing we can do, unless levels are rebuilt!!
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 12 Oct 2008 22:08

Yeah I got the file, thanks buddy, and replied to you.

The picture above 9in your post) shows an improvement, even at the first look, I'd say. Just open the picture with MS picture manager and auto correct it, more visible then.

About the foliage, have you considered creating an item of it, like barrles or anything else, and placing them around the water edges by script ( by alife(): command) in the way placing the barrels around?
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby EggChen on 12 Oct 2008 22:21

Not tried that with alife... my thoughts at the moment were doing something like Priboi... if I could choose where the little grass objects go, then we could make the water more "swampy" like Yantar, obscuring teh problem.

I have been checking the WIKI, can't see how Dezo and the guys altered levels in Priboi.... yet.

Edit: Found this on GSC posted by Dezo...

DARK PROPHET,

i have no idea if its possible in dx8-9 in xray, but i guess no. we solved it with adding grass a big deeper to the water, so you can only see the border between water and ground, if you want to find it

Great minds... will see if I can work out how Priboi did that.
EggChen

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 12 Oct 2008 23:34

Ya know what's really cool? didn't notice it 'till now. :scratch: Snuck around bus for the last merc in the "get the sniper rifle" mission....
Shot him in the head and I could see the exit splash and hear the sound of his "gray matter" hitting the wall! - That is just too much!
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... _milit.jpg
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 12 Oct 2008 23:38

EggChen wrote:Not tried that with alife... my thoughts at the moment were doing something like Priboi... if I could choose where the little grass objects go, then we could make the water more "swampy" like Yantar, obscuring teh problem.

I have been checking the WIKI, can't see how Dezo and the guys altered levels in Priboi.... yet.

Edit: Found this on GSC posted by Dezo...

DARK PROPHET,

i have no idea if its possible in dx8-9 in xray, but i guess no. we solved it with adding grass a big deeper to the water, so you can only see the border between water and ground, if you want to find it

Great minds... will see if I can work out how Priboi did that.

Great :thumbright:
It'd be exciting to wait for the results. :) Good luck with that heavy work though :homework: :)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Nightwatch on 12 Oct 2008 23:44

fiznerpin1962 wrote:Ya know what's really cool? didn't notice it 'till now. :scratch: Snuck around bus for the last merc in the "get the sniper rifle" mission....
Shot him in the head and I could see the exit splash and hear the sound of his "gray matter" hitting the wall! - That is just too much!

Yup, this mod is quite bloody/messy. :violent3: It can be a candidate for adults game certificate. :)
I see you sneak up your way with a silencer. :mozilla_cool:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 13 Oct 2008 03:01

Oh yes. when it's mono a' mono stealth is always cool. :laughing3:
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 13 Oct 2008 14:49

I think it would be great if a guy could find a way to bind hotkeys to the 3 different kinds of medkits....

More awesome photography from the zone:

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... 2_ga-1.jpg

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... 7_mi-1.jpg
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby VINTAR on 13 Oct 2008 15:00

I read in the wiki it has been done with an antirad, so dont see why its not possible for the different med kits.
Core2Quad Q8300 2.5 @ 3.6ghz
Cooler Master Hyper TX 2 CPU cooler
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
2 GIGS Transcend DDR2 800 pc6400 @ 960
Thermaltake Tough Power 650w PSU
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
-----------------------------------
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 13 Oct 2008 15:13

fiznerpin1962 find an electro anomaly and throw your mama beads into it for nine hours :thumbleft:
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 13 Oct 2008 21:20

fiznerpin1962

Medkits have anti-rad properties as well, at different scales for each of them, proportions as described in the readme, as you would remember; also, when you press the "medkit hotkey," which acts as "anti-rad hotkey as well due to the anti rad properties of medkits," the game applies the most suitable medkit among the available versions depending on the severity of contamination and urgency of the situation in respect of your health.
If you have red, blue and yellow ones available in your inventory, and if you a quite slight rad contamination, the red medkit is applied; and if you got a very high doze and in really difficult situation, then the yellow is applied, -blue? well, in between situations.
You may need to hit the "medkit/anti-rad hotkey" a few times depending on the severity of your situation.

On another note: Awesome pictures :thumbright: You have greatly improved your photographer abilities.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby VINTAR on 14 Oct 2008 06:28

Nightwatch wrote:If you have red, blue and yellow ones available in your inventory, and if you a quite slight rad contamination, the red medkit is applied; and if you got a very high doze and in really difficult situation, then the yellow is applied, -blue? well, in between situations.
You may need to hit the "medkit/anti-rad hotkey" a few times depending on the severity of your situation.

Is this supposed to happen in vanilla? I always seem to use the yellow ones first even when I`m not irradiated :scratch:
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 14 Oct 2008 08:10

VINTAR wrote:
Is this supposed to happen in vanilla? I always seem to use the yellow ones first even when I`m not irradiated :scratch:

same here - always wasted the good ones first. Never even looked for a change in the "game plan" with N.E.W.S.A. I would venture to say it's just another Nightwatch "fingerprint".

Thanks for bringin' that fact up!

Busetibi - good eye, dude. :thumbleft: I've been so engrossed in the game I totally spaced out artefact alchemy! :banghead:
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 14 Oct 2008 20:56

Hey guys, these are the values of Medkits, bandage, anti-rad, vodka. although the website and the readme refer to them, I'm still posting those values here again:

....................................Recovery Percentages...................................

................................Radiation...........Health...........wounds (bleeding).................

anti-rad:...........................20% .............00............... 00
Ordinary (red) Medkit:........30% ........... 40% ............30%
Army(blue) Medkit: ............50% ............60% ............50%
Scientific (yellow) medkit: ..100% ...........80% ............70%

Bandage ........................... 00 ..............00 ..............50%

Vodka .................................0.5% (not even 1 percent)

So:
1- No need to use anti-rad vaccination, because it gives much less anti-radiation healing than the medkits.

2- No need to use bandage, because all medkits offers wounds healing as well.

3- Absolutely no need to carry Vodka, because it doesn't help (almost) at all. You need to drink extremely large quantities of it, then you cannot finish the game. :D

_____
edit: appearance
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 14 Oct 2008 21:27

what if you got full health but bleeding? wouldnt a bandage be best suited there? :).
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 14 Oct 2008 22:21

Balious wrote:what if you got full health but bleeding? wouldnt a bandage be best suited there? :).

You can of course use bandages for bleeding, it woudn't harm; but when bleeding happens, also health starts to worsen as well. So. you would need a medkit in many occasions, if not always.
This is to help the player reduce the weight, instead of carrying some bandages. Percentages are above, rest depens on how the player wants to play their game. :)
Nightwatch
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions